Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vesnic View Post

Nastassja Kinski cannot act!
    Her dad, Klaus Kinski on the other hand was great at playing psychos. Though he probably wasn't acting.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• He was more famous for his personality than his actual acting talent, but I agree that as a character actor he had a definite niche. I rather liked him in Nosferatu.
      Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• I just saw the bestest movie ever... as both an avid Star Wars and Family Guy fan... I love BLUE HARVEST!
        OH FUDGE!

Comment

• One of my all-time favorite movies! Black Cat, White Cat (Serbian, "Crna Macka, Beli Macor") by director Emir Kusturica.

Like all of his work, this movie is an explosion of pure uninhibited energy. How many things could possibly be put together in one movie? Young love, individualistic midgets, a gypsy band tied to a tree, orangeade, a fat woman who can pull a nail out of a plank with her ass, resurrection from the dead, horny cats, eternal friendship, dancing hookers, original music, shameless swindlers, sex among the sunflowers, spinning hamster wheels, juggling grenades, animated tree stumps, and the recurring motif of a large hog slowly devouring an abandoned jalopy. The storyline itself is quite basic: an imprudent man gets himself in money troubles, which inevitably get dug deeper the more he tries to extricate himself. He asks for help from his father's wealthy best friend, whose main concern is to see his own son get married before he dies. A story as truly open-ended as this one could be interpreted in a great many ways. Kusturica's approach is one of raucous joy, haphazard optimism and unbelievable innovation. The film tumbles and rolls along through a delightfully irrational obstacle course of unlikely events, finally culminating in an absolutely unforgettable wedding scene. Even describing this movie, my first thought is that it just defies description. However, it is guaranteed to flex the creative muscle. I recommend it without reservation.
          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Sit yourself down and find out
            Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Psy: I like all the old black and white horror movies... Ahh Boris Karlof... If only my creation will be half as powerfull as you were.

Ultros: I like the Japaneese Hentai film I stared in... I got to have sex with 18 yr old Co-Eds.... Sweetness!
              OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Blue Harvest is the SHIT dawg! Not only does it follow the Starwars Storyline very well, but, there are freakin Family Guy charecters in it for Christ's sake!
                OH FUDGE!

Comment

• I like Obi Wan... It's freakin Herbert the Pervert! And as Luke is Chris... Man You can just imagine it...
                  OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Heh, heh, sorry. And now for something completely different.
                    OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Kim Kardashian Superstar! feat. Ray-J

Kim Kardashian stars in what should surely have been an Oscar-nominated role, as the young ingenue opposite rapper Ray-J. The film delves into many fascinating themes: the isolation of the modern world, the epic battle between good and evil, and the quest towards enlightenment. Every moment is fraught with tension, from the odd long-shots taken from the ceiling to the blistering close-ups of Ms. Kardashian's existentially angst-ridden face. Her eyes sear the screen, as though she would make a spiritual connection with all the world.

The dialogue is devastating. For instance:

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, I'm gonna cum!"
                      "Oh fuck, I'm cumming!"

In so few words, such subtlety is expressed! It serves as a sort of absurdist argumentation, a modernist criticism of the simple laws of cause and effect. Juxtaposing the colloquial with the eternal, Ray-J has established himself as one of the most sensitive and inventive filmmakers of our day.

Look out, Orson Welles! Here comes Kim!
                      Last edited by Vesnic; 10-03-2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• I just watched "the commitments" It ruled... "The irish are the blacks of the UK, Dubliners are the blacks of the Irish and Northsiders are the Blacks of Dublin."
                        OH FUDGE!

Comment

• Since this thread is about movies, I just saw Eraserhead for the first time. My official review, "What the fuck just happened to my brain?"
                          Click it now.

Comment

• Indiana Jones.... I love Harrison Ford. If I were Gay, I'd go for a guy like him.
                            OH FUDGE!

Comment

• I remember seeing part of Eraserhead. One day I've got to sit down and seriously watch that movie.

It is pretty weird, but then it's a David Lynch movie so it would be.

EDIT: Speaking of Indiana Jones, what was your favorite movie of the trilogy? I always thought the second one was underrated. And Mola Ram was a cooler main bad guy than the rival French explorer in the first one and the Nazi collaborator in the third one.
                              Last edited by End Master; 02-23-2008, 07:28 AM.
                              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• For the most part, I'd have to say the final movie is by far the best...but the scene where the shaman removes the guy's heart is pretty awesome, especially considering the time period.
                                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information