No announcement yet.

Hallucinogens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno Chubby. It is insanity, there is no other way to describe it. (the fact that alcohol and tobacco are legal and pot and shrooms are not)

Anyway, they truly do inspire a unique and incredible experience. Not for everyone surely, but it brings me to a state that I don't think I could ever otherwise attain.
    Click it now.

Comment

The decriminalization of marijuana is on the ballot in California this November. It will pass, the test polls have it at like 80%. Even though the federal government said that they will refuse to honor it. I'm like it's just weed, it won't kill you. If you could overdose on pot all my friends would be dead, but I can still get my prescription of Zoloft which has caused deaths especially in young people. America is a country of contradiction let's all move to Holland
      Pervus the clown is my hero.

Comment

Fuck Holland. We need to fix this fucking nation. The thing that makes us great makes us weak - DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS AND WORLDVIEWS.

Legalization on a state level is indeed a great step forward. I'm proud to say my home states of California and Colorado have made great strides in this regard.

California has always been the flagship of the country on progressive issues. Colorado is a wild card.

The sad fact is we live in a republic, where progress can be extremely SLOW. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it's bad.

It is what it is.

The federal laws need to be changed. Even if I wasn't a once in a while (like three times a month) user of marijuana I would find the underhanded method in which it has been deemed illegal to be a horrifice breech of justice and due process. The marijuana stamp act of the 1930s was steeped in racism, falsehoods, and ultimately LIES.

Anyway....Go California! But the constant infighting between state and federal authority is the saga of our nation.

AND I FUCKING HATE THE FEDERAL AUTHORITY.

I once heard EndMaster go on a rant about how his mom (a nurse) saw people dying in the hospital from marijuana usage due to the negative affects on the lungs. This is mostly TOTAL BULLSHIT.

If you take an OBJECTIVE look at the STATISTICS the overwhelming BURDEN OF PROOF is that marijuana is not GOOD OR BAD. It simply is. Tobacco users are dying in the millions, alcoholics as well. They're also killing THOSE AROUND THEM. Marijuana users represent a very small health risk, though it CAN BE VERY REAL. YES, THERE IS A HEALTH RISK TO HABITUALLY USING MARIJUANA. But this is trivial compared to other 'legalized sin products' that are socially acceptable. Marijuana is something free thinking adults have the right to use if they SO CHOOSE.

I do not endorse marijuana or object to it. I simply think we as Americans have a RIGHT TO OUR FUCKING BODIES AND WHAT WE FUCKING PUT IN TO THEM AND I'M SICK OF OUR FUCKING GOVERNMENT TELLING US WHAT WE SHOULD DO LIKE WE'RE IN FUCKING COMMUNIST FUCKING RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to God sometimes I understand the mindset of Timothy McVeigh. I disagree with his actions, but I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE MINDSET.

I'm going on a rant. Nevermind.
        Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 10-22-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Eh I never went on a rant. I merely said my mom had lung cancer patients who were heavy duty pot smokers and the idea that the overuse of weed doesn't have ANY long term damage is as laughable as people who say it's the greatest evil ever. And if you'd remembered that past discussion on that topic you'd also remember I said pot should be legalized so I'm not sure why the hell you're bringing me into your own rant.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Ya you didnt go on a rant, End. You never do.

And I remember you taking a middle of the road stance on the issue.

I worded that wrong. I'm...........................................sorr y.............................please don't hurt me.

However you should be thanking me that I involved you in my own rant, you ungrateful son of a bitch.

EDIT: I'm glad you didn't hit any 'low points', apoth. I almost ALWAYS do. They're just part of the ride, I guess. Just more proof positive that it's a unique experience depending on who you are and what you've been through, how your brain works, ect....Anyway the low points are always followed by insightful reasoning that seems to come from nowhere.

DMT: I've heard great things. Met one person who tried it in Holland. Gave it amazing reviews. Like mushrooms but ...very different, they said.

I'm intrigued.
            Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 10-23-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I usually avoid implicating myself online, but whatever.

The only drugs I'm interested in are DMT or one of its analogues (5-meo-dmt, though probably not interested enough to ever do it) and possibly ketamine and modafinil/adrafinil. Sometime over the next several years, I'll probably make ayahuasca by way of experiencing the first.

The better-known drugs I haven't tried: meth, heroin, X, mescaline, shrooms. With the ever-so-slightly possible exception of shrooms, I'm not interested in any of those.

Around the time I met Chubby, I was in the middle of several years of experimentation, during which I did a few unusual things (various herbals, supplements, and extracts - some of the simpler extractions I did myself - several cannabinoids and nootropics, one of the tryptamines) and smoked weed semi-regularly, because I found it pleasurable, though that aspect eventually disappeared, rendering it essentially worthless.

With the possible exception of LSD, nothing I did was especially useful for consciousness exploration or even temporarily beneficial mental effects (amphetamine aside on that score, though of course that has sharp drawbacks any way you look at it).

Eventually, I figured out I was only interested in psychoactives for those reasons, not for the pleasure of the high or novelty of the trip, and gradually quit. I found the net effect of most substances negative (taking the active period of each into account as well as the hours and day(s) after) or, particularly for some of the milder ones, neutral.

Abstinence certainly has benefits - Xnull put it nicely - and that's mostly where I'm at now, though I still have some interest in the substances I mentioned earlier. I regard drug use - with definite exceptions, as I have seen lives and relationships ruined - as an acceptable personal choice, and whichever side of the fence you're on, I'm usually inclined to live and let live.
              Last edited by Locke; 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM.
              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Nice post, Locke.

*tip of the hat*

Nice post.

( I of course have more to say...to be continued )

Comment

Trying mushrooms tonight.
                  How we paid such close attention
                  To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

wow

Edit:

Ok, just wow. That was a truly inspirational experience. I really had no preconception of what I'd be experiencing beforehand and what I did experience was not a disappointment at all. I can really categorize my trip into three themes. People, Music and Perception.

People: For the entirety of my trip, I yearned to be in the presence of others. It wasn't a fear thing, it was just that I found the company of others thoroughly stimulating. I didn't always want to talk or communicate but I felt different energies from people and it fascinated me a lot. I found myself seeing people in different lights. Semi-literally. Positive influences on me were shining a bit, they glowed with a certain light. I was convinced that there was a correlation between the size of the light and the power of their personality and another correlation between the color of the light and the quality of their personality. Every action that people made seemed a lot more profound and touched me much more powerfully. One guy insulted me and I started crying and had to leave the room, another person complimented me and it totally changed my entire world. When someone did something selfish, I noticed it a lot more and generosity was the same way. At one point, a friend opened a door for me and it seemed like such incredible charity, I thanked him profusely for like 5 minutes. At one point, I ventured into a forest with some friends and the trees seemed much more alive and sentient to me, touching them made me feel good.

Music: Generally music felt good. Like FELT good. A really good song felt akin to a kiss somehow, it felt like it increased my heart rate and made me breathless. I didn't listen to anything shitty but I wonder if that would have changed my mood negatively.

Perception: I started isolating objects into their own worlds. When I'd move my head and triangulate my vision differently, I'd observe transposing of worlds. At one point, I was looking at this tree (dark red leaves in real life but extremely bright red leaves during my trip) and it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. The entire background of the world (the sky, treeline, etc) melted away into monotone colours in front of my eyes and I was fascinated for almost an hour just by observing the contrast and 'movement' of this one beautiful tree.

I got some visual hallucinations but they weren't the focus of my trip. I'd say that the entire thing could be summed up into the perception of more subtle energies. While I was tripping, I was far more aware of subtle changes in energy and subtle actions. The world was a really fascinating place. I probably won't try them again for at least a year but I must say that it was probably the most educational night of my life. I learned a whole shitload about my own mentality and personality and also about the looking glass that I use to perceive the world.

I'm really interested in LSD, Peyote, DMT, and Ketamine. I'll definitely wait a while first though.
                    Last edited by JJJ-thebanisher; 11-07-2010, 12:58 AM.
                    How we paid such close attention
                    To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

I'll stop here. With all my postings on the forums. Sorry. I'm bored.

But I had to reawaken this thread from ages dark and gone.

All of my posts in this thread were spot on. And I can certainly say my views haven't changed.

Whatever became of apoth and locke? Anyone know?

My spores arrived in the mail today on that note. It's been three years since I last delved in.

I'm going to have a very fun summer. I can feel it in my bones.

Comment

apoth stopped in briefly in January, other than that haven't seen either one in a long time. Site has been very very dead for some time now, even by IS standards. Hopefully the redesign isn't too late to breath a bit more (un)life into it.

also don't do drugs, they are bad

Comment

My dear, sweet Mizal.

Mushrooms are NOT drugs.

They are mushrooms.

Thank you, though. For the info.

Mushrooms, a bag of skittles, and wandering through a lively forest in the brightest day of June can and will do ANYONE a bit of good.

Comment

Working...
                          Do Not Sell My Personal Information