PC game suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC game suggestions?

I haven't purchased a PC game for myself in a while, and since it is cyber monday, I probably should take advantage of some of the deals.

I have it narrowed down to these three, what do people suggest?

-Crysis
    -Mass Effect
    -Dead Space

Also, if you have any other suggestions, I'm open to them. I'd ideally like a game that is available for direct download.
    Click it now.

Mass Effect if you're into RPGs, the storyline isn't terrible and there's enough fighting, looting, exploring and dialogue choices to make for a well rounded RPG.

Don't know about the other two, but I've heard Dead Space is a good First Person Shooter. People seem to be divided on Crysis other than the graphics being good.

I could talk all day about video games though, is there any particular genre you were interested in and were you just looking for current stuff?

EDIT

Quick suggestions for what's currently out there:

RPGs: Dragon Age, Fallout 3 or Fable 2. Fable 2 is easy as hell though since you can't really die. And you'll want to play Fallout 3 on hard to give yourself a challenge. Dragon Age is excellent.

If you want the hardcore old school version of Fallout get the Trilogy pack which has the first two games as well as Fallout Tactics which is a RTS.

Another "old school" RPG out there right now is the Geneforge series by Spiderweb Software. As long as you don't care about graphics, everything else in this series makes for a good RPG. There's another series called Avernum done by the same company, that's good as well, but I like Geneforge better.

All their games have free downloadable demos so you can play those before deciding whether or not to pay for them.

FPS: I'd probably say Bioshock. Play it on hard. Should be cheap now. Borderlands is cool too, it's basically like a FPS Diablo.

Strategy: I'd say Civilization 4. It's turn based though and I know you're more into RTS.

You can probably get the "Game of the Years editions" of Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Civ 4 now which will include all their expansions.

Saint's Row 2 if you're into the whole Sandbox criminal setting. There's more stuff to do in it than Grand Theft Auto 4 which is also okay, if you like a more realistic portrayal. (Well as realistic as a video game can get anyway). Another one in that type of format is Assassin's Creed 2 (Or GTA: Renaissance Italy), it's a lot better than the first one.
    Last edited by End Master; 11-30-2009, 11:24 AM. Reason: I play too many video games...
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Any RPG more complicated than pointing and clicking on things until they are dead frustrates me, so I think I'm going to go for Dead Space and Crysis.

When I finish those I will look into Bioshock and Borderlands.

Thanks for the tips.
      Click it now.

Comment

Working...
      Do Not Sell My Personal Information