New Starcraft! What?

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! What?

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! Really?

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! You lie.

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! What did I tell you about lying to me? I said you can do anything...ANYTHING!....you want. But don't fucking lie to me, I said. Remember? I said that. Are you fucking lying to me? Tell me the truth now and I'll kill you quickly!

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! I swear to God if I find out you're lying to me...

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! Really?

New Starcraft!

New Starcraft! LIAR!!! YOU FUCKING LIAR!!!! YOU LIED TO ME LIKE ALL THE REST! EVERYTHING IS A FUCKING LIE!!! DIE!!! DIE YOU FUCKING LIAR, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE YOU FUCKING LIAR, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Issues. And there was blood.

And all the people said, "NEW STARCRAFT!"

And the Koreans saw this. And the Koreans saw that it was good. And the Koreans said, "Let there be a zergling rush."

And the terrans said, 'Ha, bitch! I can move my base, bitch. That's what we call mobility, bitches!!!! And zerglings have no ranged weaponry. Bitches.'

But the Koreans already knew this, and they harassed the grounded SCVs and supply depots with their endless zerglings. Thus rendering the terran economy effectively defective.

And thus the classic zergling rush wins again. Just because.

If only the terrans had had time to build up a proper siege tank counter offensive!!!!!

All the while, of course, the protoss are well on their way to establishing a fleet of carriers that will rape everything in its way...
    Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 07-26-2010, 06:38 PM.

I'm excited, too, Chubby! For the melee? Not so much. It's fun, but I could never get into doing it competitively.

The map editor, though. Even the primitive one for the original Starcraft allowed people to make amazing creations. I still have a shitload of fun playing that stuff. If I get SC2, I might never have to buy a new game again!

Comment

I'm with Ryan on this one. The game's fun... and I enjoyed it... but holy jeebus did I ever suck some serious balls in that game. In single-player, I'm too impatient. After about a half-hour, I'll just get bored and put in the cheat code. In online play, which I only ever do if coerced by friends, I tend to be too defensive. I never attack, and once my base is eventually penetrated, I don't have the troops to take it back. I enjoyed Zerg the most, since the disposible unit method is an actual legit strategy with them... but mostly, I just tinkered with the map editor.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Online PvP is why I LOOOOOVE this game.

You definitely can't dig yourself in and just play defense, though. You've got to go on the offensive and have a well thought out plan. Even if it's a bad plan it's better than no plan or just digging yourself in waiting for the inevitable attack like the fucking french in ww2. It's better to go out swinging.

You gotta have a second base by about ten minutes into the game or you're fucked. The Koreans, especially, take this game serious and are extremely hard to defeat.

I just got home from Best Buy and Im about to check it out. I'll tell ya what I think of it.

Comment

Isolationism worked great for me when I played against the computer (I once won a 7v1 on an island map; it was awesome.), but against someone with a brain, it was useless.

My general strategy was to play as Protoss, build a shitload of photons around my base, and then save up resources to make a fleet of carriers and obervers. My friend, unfortunately, played as Terran and did all kinds of micro-managing tricks to stop me before my fleet was finished (cloaked wraiths shooting my probes, ghosts locking down my units, medic/marine armies, seige tanks, etc.).

To this day, I stand convinced that (when mastered) Terran has the most potential. Of course, I don't think I ever won a PvP that I can remember, so maybe I'm not qualified to say.

Comment

It's really hard to say what the best race in Starcraft is. This is because at the upper tier, professional levels, the races are pretty close to 33%/33%/33% (in terms of professional wins) and fluctuations in this balance are fixed by Blizzard through patching.

At amateur level play, or semi-skilled play or complete noob play, Starcraft is an entirely different game than at the professional levels. Macro and micro strategies are completely changed. Some units that are good at professional play and units that suck at professional levels can be incredible for the amateur. There are also so many variables to consider (I'd rather play Terran on a platform or island map than in a huge open terrain map, for example).
            http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Official Chubby Tubby StarCraft 2 Review:

First of all, the new battle.net is off the chain. I have not played the offline campaign because Ive enjoyed the online pvp so much. The league system allows you to be matched against opponents who have the same general skill set as yourself. I seem to be stuck in Silver League for now, but that's okay. At least I'm not in bronze.

If your opponent is favored, you earn more points if you pull out a win. I've made some online buddies and we've been doing a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 match ups. Fucking epic battles. Epic games. It's been a blast. LITERALLY!!! HAHAA!HA! Get it? I made a funny!

Sorry. Anyway...

My win/loss ratio is about 50/50. Which isn't bad. Battle.net is still pretty cut-throat, the competition is stiff. You can't JUST play defense. You will loose. You have to play offense, and if you have allies you HAVE to coordinate your attacks to maximize the impact. If you decide to rush, you better do it right or you'll probably end up losing the game. Rushing is a gamble that can pay off HUGE if you do it right. But you gotta do it right. Basic rules of combat still apply:

1. Build your economy and SPEND your minerals. Go for an expansion ASAP.
              2. SCOUT SCOUT SCOUT
              3. Learn your hot-keys and learn to set your rally points and balance your micro/macro management. StarCraft is a game that DEMANDS that you balance the two.
              4. Use the terrain to your advantage and defend your choke points (especially if you're terran)
              5. Upgrade your weapons and armor. This is something that is often overlooked but can make a real difference. LEARN YOUR TECH TREE.
              6. Stay calm and don't give up.

The basic combat units are still the same. The classic zergling, marine, and zealot. Nothing changed there. The zergling rush is still fucking devasting. It doesn't work on me, though. Im too good to be taken by zerglings. Often times my allies aren't, however, and when I send my own units in to save their asses I leave myself vulnerable for an attack. Its a catch 22. If you don't help them you've lost a team member. if you do help them you leave yourself open for a rush. The remedy to this is to ANTICIPATE the zergling rush if you're playing vs zerg and go for that barracks or gateway ASAP. Zerglings are WEAK and easy to wipe out with merely a handful of zealots or marines. If they send in another barrage of lings after the first barrage fails, go in for the counter rush. Chances are they've been sacrificing economy for early attack units and wont be able to defened their base.

If you are terran you can completely block off the choke point into your base with supply depots and a barracks. And since marines have ranged weaponry they can pick off zerglings as they mass into the narrow entrance. One of the cool things about SC2 is that you can lower and raise your supply depots as you see fit. In the first starcraft you couldn't do this and you effectively blocked YOURSELF in with this tactic. Not in the new version. This is basic terran defense 101. Block off that choke point within 3 minutes and youll survive a zergling rush. That simple.

If you're zerg and you go for the zergling rush you better go all in or just call it off. If you don't succeed, you've effectively lost the game. Your economy will PROBABLY never catch up. Of course as with all things in starcraft, this is a general rule of thumb but not set in stone.

There are SO many changes that its hard to go into it in detail. the game is still basically exactly the same....except different. Better (it better be after 12 years of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). There's all kinds of new units, many I haven't even learned yet. Some of the oldies have been removed and replaced with (in my opinion) vastly superior versions. I don't have time to go into all the changes, but they are all for the better. The game has never been so bad ass. This is the best RTS of all time. The three races are still evenly balanced, but protoss is my new favorite with terran taking a close second.

Zerg...seems to be...I dunno. They still rock but I just don't like playing them in this new version. Terran are AWESOME. Fucking beasts. But the protoss are just so smooth and easy to manage and pound for pound are the superior race.

Although the early game reaper rush with terran is still one of my favs. the reaper is a new ground unit with rocket packs that can jump cliffs and flank choke points to attack an enemies peons and thus render their economy broken.

The battles are epic. The new replay feature allows you to watch any game you've played and see exactly what your opponent was doing or not doing. It's awesome. For me it's more entertaining than television right now. You get to see exactly what you did - wrong or right. And for a geek like me its quite entertaining viewing. It's amazing how many close calls there are, two armies on their way to attack each others bases and they both brush by each other, for instance. It's also funny how people tend to be...pussies, for lack of a better word. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen someone right on the cusp of delivering a fatal blow to me, but they don't follow thru because they doubt themselves and over-estimate my strength. I dunno. I could do go on and on.

And like I said, scouting is key. Absolutely crucial. It needs to be done EARLY in the game and then all throughout. Sacrifice a few drones or combat units if you need to. People who play as zerg should use their overlords to scout all over the map. By midway through the game you should have your overlords at strategic positions all over the map, no excuses. A LOT of people don't this and I just don't get it. When I have a zerg ally and they don't properly exploit overlords it makes me pretty upset. The overlord is one of the most misunderstood and under-used zerg units. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to not have a constant tab on what your enemy is doing, where their expansions are, ect.

I've heard the offline campaign is great, too. But I got into starcraft for the pvp.

And there you have it. This might be my favorite game ever.

I have some minor quibbles, but they aren't anything major. So all in all I give the new Starcraft a solid A.

I stayed up till 5am last night playing this highly addictive game if that tells you anything. Its like Crack.

Except better.
              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

From what I understand the class levels you can be put in are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Korean...

Seriously, have you seen those guys play? Their hands are like a blur as they click like crazy and use every key on the keyboard for shortcuts and stuff... the screen is impossible for me to even see what's happening as they zoom around to different areas and stuff.
                Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

If the fate of the Korean penninsula was to be decided over a game of Starcraft, the south Koreans would win.

Hey, there's an idea! Instead of going into an all-out war, why not resolve the differences between the two countries over a game of starcraft.

The Koreans are just too good. It's like a national past time over there. I could never be that good. Not unless I practiced everyday for a year and then smoked a bunch of meth and got right into it.

But no, I haven't seen them physically play. I'll have to look it up on YouTube.

I'd just like to say that I can't follow my own advice, sometimes. You ever play Starcraft, drag? I imagine it's probably not up your alley. You're more in to the rpgs, right?

Apparently the one player campaign mode is SICK. And actually has a lot of rpg elements to it.

I'll give the campaign mode a try but right now Im just too addicted to battle.net. I've always preferred online pvp to offline play. Its just so much more competitive and challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
                    But no, I haven't seen them physically play. I'll have to look it up on YouTube.
                    This is the video that went with the story I saw it in... They were talking about Actions Per Minute people make playing games... and this isn't even the fastest one: APM Demo

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
                    I'd just like to say that I can't follow my own advice, sometimes. You ever play Starcraft, drag? I imagine it's probably not up your alley. You're more in to the rpgs, right?
                    Not in video games.... I tend to hate CRPGs in most cases... They are NOT RPGs in my eyes... They are stories you get to make a few choices in and waste a lot of time grinding in one repetitive fight after another.

As for StarCraft... not really... I used to play a LOT of WarCraft (1, 2, 2+, & some 3), so the style of game is not outside of my likes... but I mostly like platformers, non-realistic racing, and Silent Hill style horror (the new Alan Wake is pretty good so far).
                    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Got this at the weekend, and yep I've pretty much played it whenever I'm not unconscious and/or at work.

Not too fussed about the online multiplayer just yet, but that's mainly because my internet connection is pretty shit right now, and it keeps popping up during the campaign... "you have lost your connection, you can carry on playing but you won't get any achievements until you reconnect." Not what I want during a PvP game.

Besides, in the elegant words of Usoki, I suck balls at it. I never played the original Starcraft, and whilst I'm not new to RTS games I tend to be much more interested in treating my base like Simcity - creating a masterpiece of symmetrical efficiency and a vicious gauntlet for any bastard dumb enough to attack me.

With only schematics for a rocket tower, and a pretty flimsy bunker I can put 4-8 units inside, said gauntlet in Starcraft 2 is little more than a belly tickle for them before they roll right in and destroy my base. I'm slowly learning to be more aggressive though.

The campaign is quite entertaining - the variety of missions is pretty surprising and keeps it interesting. The 'learn to get better' challenges are clever, and the AI on anything more than medium can still kick my ass, so solo games against them is fine for now.

Good game

Comment

I made a hardcore gangster rap about Starcraft!!!

I got four 'rines and just tapped my vespene

What?

They got more 'lings but they can't molest me

Okay!

Choke point blocked and on to the next thing

Yeaaaa!

See they got no game and I am the chess king

<Beat Starts Up>

Think you can best me?
                        I dare you to test me

Boy I dont play around don't glhf me
                        You play like you're sober
                        I play like a meth fiend

Its over. Moreover you're pulver...

<pause>

...ized but not pulverizing
                        I come like a Viking in AD 819

Over the sea
                        Its over you see

Cant fit into my jeans unless you're a Korean
                        And from what I been seein you're Frenchy European

Im the point man appointed to point plans
                        Fuck a peace plan and fuck your expansion
                        If a newbie bystands then here's your lifespan
                        10 minutes in and splattered your life ends
                        When it comes to Stracraft
                        Your life is in my hands

My macro is de facto and infact exacto
                        Its factual
                        My micro is exacting impacts so fast its exactly tactical
                        Your tactics are tacky and in practice impractical
                        I attack like a crack addict
                        You lack the ballsack to fight back so Im back at it

And when I play 'toss bitch this aint no toss up
                        I floss like a zealot and sell it and mop up
                        And when I get Void Rays you better avoid me
                        Its unavoidably over and you just annoyed me

Now THATS hardcore!
                        Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 08-05-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Chubby makes a rap about Starcraft 2.

Chubby gains 20 Creativity points!
                          Chubby gains the Video Game Geek trait!

Chubby spells "gangster" the proper way instead of "gangsta."

Chubby loses 100 Street Cred!

>_
                          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Did he call me French?

Comment

No, I called your TACTICS French.

Going all defense is a recipe for disaster.

You French fuck.

i mean.....you fuck.

Oh, btw, I got two ten day passes if anyone wants them. Ryan?
                              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 08-06-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information