No announcement yet.

Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I want to get around playing that one too at some point.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
      Fallout 4 is looking very good. I like that you can be a female character now. Wonder if that will change the game in any interesting ways. Graphics are nice of course, but we'll see when it comes out if it adds anything new of substance.
      You could always pick a female character in the Fallout series.

There usually were a few scenarios where your gender affected things. Like being a female with high charisma allowed you to just charm your way through a couple places or you had a harder time convincing a few crime bosses that you were good enough to join them because they didn't take women seriously (save as whores of course).

The first two games were great in that you could play through the game with an intelligence of 1 or 2 and your dialog choices would reflect that. You basically went through the game playing as a retard. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
        You could always pick a female character in the Fallout series.

I've only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I guess its been a long time since I never remember being able to be a woman. That might be a good excuse for me to replay Fallout 3. I wish they still did that low intelligence thing you mentioned; that would be hilarious! But apparently the game is fully voice acted now so I don't see that being a possibility anymore.

Starbound looked real interesting to me a while ago, but I've heard some awful stuff about it. That the developer basically abandoned it and most of the features the game promised are not present. One bad thing about indy games is that sometimes a developer feels like they can get away with releasing a game in alpha or beta and never again coming back to it. They have your money, why should they care?

Also, since I'm sure most of you are lazy bastards; here is a link to the steam page of that game I was talking about in my last post. The whole game was made by just one dude! Impressive!Lakeview Cabin Collection

Throw your friends into a woodchipper (and a little dog). Come on now!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamshell View Post
          Since Flying Rodent Nation reminded me this thread exists, I shall now assail you all with more of my patented Chaotic Catalogs of Absolute Excess (in this case, games), in case any of you are looking to play something cool and that will make you look by association.

I thank you for this catalog of games, Sleeping Fantasy Carapace.

Most of these games look pretty cool. But I'm weary of anything in alpha. They are all very creative concepts at the very least. I might have to pick up Subnautica when it is a bit further along in its development. Rimworld looks a bit daunting. That needs to be on Steam first before I even consider it.

Terminal Chieftain always has good game suggestions and Ice and Convoy I will definitely be checking out sometime. Adding them to the wish list, especially Convoy. I loved FTL and a Mad Max type scenario with FTL elements sounds super appealing to me. As for Witcher 3, some call it "Gaming's Game of Thrones". Is that true in any aspect? Do you suggest I pick up the other Witcher games before Witcher 3? There is nothing worse then being completely lost in a story because you missed the beginning.

I have briefly watched my brother play Witcher 3 and the combat seemed interesting. Looks like a somewhat difficult game.
          Last edited by BatCountry; 07-07-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I couldn't get past the smacky bashy tree monster thingy in Witcher 2, so I guess I won't be buying the third installment. Geralt is getting too old anyway.
            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
              As for Witcher 3, some call it "Gaming's Game of Thrones". Is that true in any aspect? Do you suggest I pick up the other Witcher games before Witcher 3? There is nothing worse then being completely lost in a story because you missed the beginning.

I have briefly watched my brother play Witcher 3 and the combat seemed interesting. Looks like a somewhat difficult game.
              Witcher 3 does have a Game of Thrones feel at times. More than a few of the quests are in that morally gray area. Even some of the regular monster contract side missions aren't completely clear cut. Plenty of people scheming or have their own agenda and the like.

I'd say you could pick up the 3rd one without playing the other two. Really the first one has some translation problems and the controls are a bit clunky at times anyway. The second one is vastly improved and the controls in the third one are even better than the last two games, especially since they did away with the frustrating quick time events. The combat is a little more challenging than the average game though, especially on the harder levels. You can't just mash buttons and hope to win most of the time.

As far as the storyline is concerned, you'd probably miss references to certain characters or events that get mentioned at times, but you get an in game codex on various characters so you can easily catch up. The main story in this game is deep enough that it focuses mostly on events at hand rather than past events. And usually if it does refer to something from the past, someone sometimes goes into detail about it during a conversation anyway or again the in game codex helps out and the game also comes with small "Witcher Universe" Compendium so you got that too.

You can however import a few of the major choices from the second game into this one, if you've got both installed on a PC I believe. Even if you're on a console, you still get the option through a scene where someone is asking Geralt some questions concerning the events in the second game and based on your answers, it will effect some of the stuff in this one.
              Last edited by End Master; 07-08-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Speaking of video games, has anyone else been enthused by the resurgence of interactive fiction through video games. The Telltale games for example, Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us; and the drama Life is Strange are all well done interactive stories in my opinion.
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Yeah, I played both of the Walking Dead seasons, those were cool. Glad they were set in the comic book universe rather than the TV show.

The other ones I played were some of the Game of Thrones episodes which were cool too.

Comment

With House Forrester? I keep hearing about that. Guess I should check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                      Speaking of video games, has anyone else been enthused by the resurgence of interactive fiction through video games. The Telltale games for example...
                      I haven't played any other Telltale games, mostly because I'm not usually connected to the source material. The Game of Thrones one is an absolute railroader though, to such an extent that a CYOA anti-defamation lawsuit could really have a case against it. It's the Union Station/Grand Central/Gare du Nord of interactive railroading.

That being said, it still makes for some entertaining YouTube watching for me, since it's mostly just a TV episode anyway and by sitting back and watching the Forrester fun, I neither have to work out my fingers nor pay the inflated Steam price.
                      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
                      Do Not Sell My Personal Information