Forum Based RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Based RPG

I'm trying to start my own. If any of you enjoy this sort of thing, and are interested in checking mine out: http://rpgfreak.forumotion.com/

Simple enough, really. Just join and we can play. And if you're not into it, but know someone who is... It would be swell if you passed the link along.

If you're not into it, cool. No big deal.

(this will be the only time I bring it up, don't worry I'm not gonna go all spammy on you guys and gals)
    Last edited by donteatpoop; 10-29-2011, 03:11 PM.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

What luck! I've been looking for somewhere to play a text-based RPG for a while now. No one I could pass the word along to is available right now, unfortunately, but I'll gladly join up.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamshell View Post
      What luck! I've been looking for somewhere to play a text-based RPG for a while now. No one I could pass the word along to is available right now, unfortunately, but I'll gladly join up.
      Yaaay! It's literally just started (yesterday). Welcome aboard.

Comment

Nerd.

Anyway I hope it does well. The 'no mages' thing in particular makes me happy (nothing against mages, just can't stand 99.9% of the people who insist on playing them...) but I've got so much shit going on in RL at the moment I hate to commit to joining a long term thing like that right now.

But what the hell, I'll go ahead and register, and probably eventually post against all better judgment too.

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post
          Nerd.

Anyway I hope it does well. The 'no mages' thing in particular makes me happy (nothing against mages, just can't stand 99.9% of the people who insist on playing them...) but I've got so much shit going on in RL at the moment I hate to commit to joining a long term thing like that right now.

But what the hell, I'll go ahead and register, and probably eventually post against all better judgment too.
          Cool. Glad to have you over there. I've found that when there's mages casting spells and making potions that the *magic* of magic is gone. It's run of the mill. So I avoid wizard characters and use magic only sparsely.

That's not to say that down the road there won't be a magicy game, but it won't be me running it.

Cool thing about the site, updates are only like twice a week so it shouldn't be overburdening or anythign.

Comment

Hope you like 5000 detailed questions about the setting relevant to absolutely no one but me 'cause that's what you just got.

Unfortunately 'raised by gazelles but still speaks perfect English' was already taken so now I'm having to improvise. :/

Also, making a game that 'avoids the tired cliches of high fantasy' and then starting it in a tavern? Shame on you! SHAME.

Comment

Hope you like 5000 detailed questions about the setting relevant to absolutely no one but me 'cause that's what you just got.

Unfortunately 'raised by gazelles but still speaks perfect English' was already taken so now I'm having to improvise. :/

Also, making a game that 'avoids the tired cliches of high fantasy' and then starting it in a tavern? Shame on you! SHAME.

Tired cliches being magic and monster overloads.

But yeah. Just wait for the inevitable bar fight.

Comment

Seriously though, there's got to be a couple more people here who are willing to jump in. I've read all your stories, it's not like you any of you can deny being giant insanely creative nerds.

And it turns out you literally only need to make two posts a week to fully participate (probably can even get away with one), so all 'but I don't have tiiiiiiimmmme' objections are rendered null and void, including my own.

Also, I realize this is pretty much crackpot ~@~social engineering~@~ on my part, but I really think it'd be better for the general atmosphere of the site in the long run to get a few older, more mature people in at the beginning to keep the inevitable anime/Twilight fans and furries in check once they start trickling in...DEP, that's just a thing that happens to this kind of site once it gets popular, it can't be avoided. Especially when you're having us vote for it at a place that literally has 'Wolves, Vampires, Fantasy, Anime' in the title, so just saying, be prepared (to use bullets IRL).
                Last edited by mizal; 10-30-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

And please make a female character if you do join, it's turning into a sausage fest.

Where's Crunchyfrog and Katie when we need them?

Comment

Dont worry, no twighlighty harry pottery anime bastards will survive long.

Since I'm the moderator I get to be in complete control over that.

Comment

So, DEP, you think Cool is deliberately trolling you or what? Because I'm having a hard time coming up with any other reasonable explanation at this point.

Comment

So, DEP, you think Cool is deliberately trolling you or what? Because I'm having a hard time coming up with any other reasonable explanation at this point.
                        lol, I don't think he'd troll. He's just a little... naive.
                        How we paid such close attention
                        To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

Nah, he's not trolling. I get the impression that he's younger and thus less mature. Obviously if he assumed the inn was on the outside of the town then it was the admin who made him think that. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                            Nah, he's not trolling. I get the impression that he's younger and thus less mature. Obviously if he assumed the inn was on the outside of the town then it was the admin who made him think that. lol.
                            Bad DEP, lol.
                            How we paid such close attention
                            To each sweet and stuttered breath,

Comment

I know he gives off that clueless vibe, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's not a troll; it could also mean he is, and a really damn good one.

(But nah, I'm sure you guys are right, he probably is pretty young. Or at least I hope that 74 by his name isn't a birth date.)

I'm just genuinely curious to see how long he keeps up this trend of obliviously ignoring every single plot hook DEP puts in his path...

Oh, and 3J! You look like a guy who could come up with an interesting character and then join an RP. I know you're busy with CYS and having a life and all but come oooon, we need more people and I'm sure you can spare ten minutes to toss up a post every couple of days. It's not like the bar is exactly even set all that high at this moment, this should be fairly effortless for you.

P.S. DEP, I told CandyMan that (among other things) you were going to go to his house and rape his goldfish if he didn't make a post soon. I hope you are okay with this. (From a purely mechanical standpoint it seems like it might be a little difficult but idk I'm not a guy. Might want to ask your doctor first just to be safe though.)
                              Last edited by mizal; 11-03-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information