Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam

I thought i might ask if any of you have a steam account because i would like some friends and by the way any of you can tell me how to reduce lag at APB Reloaded?
    Half Life 2 Combine Soldiers

RULES!

I heard Endmaster used to be a steamer in Cleveland. The old Cleveland Steamer, they called him.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Lol but im asking if you heard a app called Steam? Ok we might get confused so i'll just give you the Link to it.

http://store.steampowered.com/

RULES!

Comment

Hey C0mmie, no one here is confused about what Steam is. As I'm sure you've read in your very careful analysis of other threads, we're all what could safely be called geeks. Even I'm a geek, despite my gender handicap. I get to level up earlier than the fellas, just like I can do "knee push-ups" to join the army while they're all sweating it out doing the real thing. Sometimes it's awesome being a GURL!

I'm guessing that all of us here have Steam accounts and we all hate them just as much. I understand the theoretical value of Steam, but I think it's way too full of bugs and sometimes it just won't shut off no matter how many times I hit that little x button and scream in frustration. I even met a couple of your kind once, but I didn't like them very much. It's ok, though, I never judge anyone by their family. Only by their race.

I'm a loner, in both real and virtual life. I've never had the slightest interest in things like "friends" or anything with the word "multi" in it. The only plural word I like would probably be "three-way", and then only under very specific circumstances.
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

The only reason I have Steam is because it was the only way to get a free copy of Portal onto my computer legally (when they did that offer when Portal 2 was coming out). I had already beaten Portal on my XBox, but I wanted it on my computer too, so I got Steam...

Then opened it again when Portal 2 came out...

Now after playing the hell out of that game I haven't opened Steam since.

Most likely won't until Portal 3 is announced or there is some killer Portal 2 DLC.
          Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Lol i didn't know everyone hated Steam that much in-fact im starting to hate it due to lags -_- i actually had a Account with many games but one of my friends hate me because he thinks Im a spy for another group and thinks i think he's a nazi

RULES!

Comment

Sheesh, I guess I'm the only one who likes Steam. I don't see any problems with it. But the only reason I have it is to play Civilization V, good game. And I haven't experianced any troubles that you people are talking about.
              Last edited by zac6251; 12-22-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Civ V blows chunks. They systematically fucked up everything they got right with IV.

Word to the wise: Mahler and Beethoven symphonies are best in the odd numbers.

Civilization games are best in the evens.

Comment

I didn't even buy Civ 5 after I heard what they did with it. I just stuck with Civ 4 (and its expansions).

I don't have a steam account mainly because I never play multi-player stuff and if I do buy the odd computer game nowadays, I just get it from a regular brick and mortar store because I'm old fashioned like that and I haven't had a game that's required me to register it on Steam anyway.
                  Last edited by End Master; 12-22-2011, 09:34 AM.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

We're all entitled to our opinions. I ain't going to let Vesnic's opinions change mine about Civ 5. I do like Civ 4, but I like 5 better.

Comment

I met a fair contraction
                      whose name is Isn't
                      He walks fair
                      He talks fair
                      He ain't Ain't
                      which is great
                      Cuz' Ain't isn't so smart
                      and he can't conjugate!
                      Last edited by Vesnic; 12-22-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                        Hey C0mmie,
                        C0mmie? Are you trying to tease my loyal to Half-life 2 Combine soldiers?
                        #-_- <----Angry Silent Face

Combine is 1337
                        Last edited by TheC0mbine; 12-23-2011, 06:02 AM.

RULES!

Comment

...How are you just now picking up on that? But, no, I don't think that's what she's doing. Don't get me wrong- there are a lot of things about you which she's teasing you for. But this is not one of them. She's turning your username into a nickname. TheCombine => Combine => Commie. Except you put in that dumb zero instead of the letter o, hence C0mmie.

Based on the way Locke and I don't have nicknames, I'd have to say that any username over six characters warrants a shorthand version. I'm not so sure about six letters. I mean, Ves gets one, but she was Ves-neechy-eh? before she became Vesnic, so...
                          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                            I mean, Ves gets one, but she was Ves-neechy-eh? before she became Vesnic, so...
                            That's very close, Usoki. It's actually pronounced Vesh-nee-CHEE-ay, so indeed it makes sense that I've been given a more manageable moniker.

Interestingly, though, there are several people here who know my real name, yet they still choose to call me Ves. Even I think of myself as Ves sometimes. I even bought a little silver charm bracelet with the letter V dangling from the side, twinkling in the sun, mysteriously hinting at worlds uncharted.

I wear it now when I write, but for some reason it hasn't done much to reduce my writer's block.

Wait a minute, I've just remembered that Poop does have a nickname for you, but since it's longer than your current screen-name, I'm not sure what category it falls into.

Comment

I guess we could shorten Usoki to "Uso", but his name doesn't really need it. Besides Usoki sounds like a japanese girl's name and that's fitting since just about everyone thought Usoki was a girl when he first arrived.

About the only thing we could do with Locke's name is drop the "e" or call him "Loc Dog" but he'd have to go back to putting on the blackface again.

EDIT: Oh anyway, yeah TheC0mbine is Commie now. (I'm too lazy to put in the 0, I mean it's one key away from the "o" so you can see my dilemma)

Trust me, considering all the other more colorful names you could be called (and there's still time!) this is a good thing.
                              Last edited by End Master; 12-23-2011, 08:33 AM.
                              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information