Hey Ves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ves

Seeing as you're into different languages and a big famous translator, I was wondering if you ever read the Witcher series and if it was any good. I know two of the books were translated into english, but the rest are still in polish (or translated into some other language I can't read).

Other than that my only knowledge of the stuff comes from the 2 RPGs which I thought were cool due to the interesting darker fantasy setting and actual choices that made a difference in the game.

Could've just sent a PM to ask you I suppose, but eh we need keep the forums just above comatose in the activity department.

Plus this is more amusing for me to post in public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Hv_E9WLus
    Last edited by End Master; 01-09-2014, 05:07 PM. Reason: Misspellings. Apparently I still have problems with the English language as well.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

LOL, well it's nice to see at least one person named Ves is getting to talk about HER needs. I even look a bit like her. Just turn the short blonde hair black and stick a queen-sized mattress under the bodice and you're all set!

I carry a bit of a torch for ole' Geralt, though I'm not entirely sure I like what they did with him in Witcher 2. I've actually owned the game for months but due to a lot of stupid circumstances not worth detailing here, have yet to install it. I really kind of hated the turkey's-eye-view they gave of Geralt in Witcher 1. I was basically always just waiting to shit on his head.

Now that I see him in close-up, though, I am obliged to acknowledge his rather bad teeth. Being a proud Amurrican, I just sort of can't handle that. Also, in some side shots he looks an awful lot like the Dude. His scars still make me wet though...I love a man who's bleeding and all beat up and...

You were asking about the books? Well, unfortunately Polski isn't (yet) one of my languages so I haven't read the originals. Funny you should mention it though, because I did get an English-language translation for my Kindle and it positively REEKED of typical bad-translationitis: awkward sentence structure, poor word choices, paragraphs so porous you could pour brownie mixture through them. I gave up after a couple of chapters, somewhat regretfully because all the Pollacks...I mean Poles...raving about the stories on the forum I consulted had really given me the impression that I was in for something pretty incredible. It's well known that the Witcher series mixes some authentic Eastern European folklore with more standard fantasy elements and like so much of the literature from that corner of the world, is adept at making the truly grotesque truly hilarious. I get the impression that the games depart pretty far from the source material, as is usually the case.

(At least he's not just collecting booty cards anymore. That was so crass!)

It really is too bad I don't speak Potato because that would be a very enticing project indeed, and naturally I'd do it better than anyone else. Unfortunately, understanding approximately one word in ten doesn't quite count as fluent...even if it is commensurate with high-school literacy rates these days.

Badda bing!
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info.

As for Witcher 2, you'll be happy to know that you unlock the "Heartbreaker" achievement when you seduce Ves.

But yeah Geralt's sexual exploits are less in the 2nd game. There's really only few women you can sex up (apart from the whores in the brothel) but the sex scenes are a lot more graphic. (Quality over quantity I guess?)

Probably took me longer to beat than it normally would have since I stubbornly insisted on playing it on the hardest difficulty level because I'm just hardcore like that. Pretty damn difficult anyway when you can't chug down a million healing potions while in the middle of combat like you can do in so many other RPGs. You get the chance to get some more powerful gear on the harder levels as well.

I'd say its worth playing through at least once. Like I said, I actually felt like the choices I made more of a difference in the game (It has two completely different "Chapter 2s" based on certain choices).

I didn't suffer from any major bugs during play, but since I know that eastern European companies have a terrible track record of releasing buggy games in general (Or at least bad translations) I waited until I got the super duper deluxe ultimate enhanced patched up edition where they added a few more things and had all the fixes.

Comment

I've played some of Witcher 2, though not very much, and none of the first game. Nor have I read the books. But I liked what I did play and I really enjoyed the soundtracks for the first two games. So says mighty Google, the composers for the original are Adam Skorupa and Paweł Błaszczak and the second is Skorupa again with Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, who I assume to be a Lovecraftian deity born of a thousand simultaneous headdesks based on the indecipherability of that name.

Comment

I'm going to Poland tomorrow to meet an old friend of the cloth. I'll let you all know if I happen to run into Geralt of Rivia and I'll ask him what he's been up to these days. Maybe I'll even have my picture taken with him in front of a mirror so everyone can see how I'm grabbing his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
            the sex scenes are a lot more graphic. (Quality over quantity I guess?)

Probably took me longer to beat than it normally would...
            hahahahaahahahaha.
            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Sort of surprised nobody picked up on that before.

Anyway have a good trip Ves and if Geralt tries to convince you into having a three way with him and Baba Yaga, well just use your best judgement on how to proceed.

Comment

Well, I didn't encounter any golden-eyed witch slayers, but may I just take this opportunity to say that Poland is positively TEEMING with hulking, tasty man-things. I'll have some more of that please. With a pierogie and a spot o' wodka to wash it all down because DAYAMN I'ze got me some thirsty work up in hyah. Mmm-HMM.

Comment

Working...
                Do Not Sell My Personal Information