For some reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason

I felt a great urge to write this and I’m not exactly sure why…

The water is always blacker
    Under the ocean deep
    Cthulhu is down there dreaming
    In his death like sleep

The Ancient Ones are calling you
    To the sunken nightmare city
    The Elder Things surround you
    And they will have no pity

Insanity!
    Insanity!

Madness is lovely
    Beauty is ugly
    Take it from me!

Become a Deep One here today
    And make the humans slave away
    While we are prayin’
    To Dagon’s reignin’
    Insanity!

Now the stars are in alignment
    Time to start the ritual
    The sacrifice needs refinement
    Need virgin blood for the bowl
    But sacrifices are lucky
    Worse is for those who survive
    For when the gates are open
    The rest will be eaten live

Insanity!
    Insanity!

None can oppose us
    Die or just join us
    Souls are tasty!

Better get used to human flesh
    I hear that infants are the best
    We got no morals
    No conscience quarrels
    Insanity!
    Insanity!

Since life is weak here
    We got to eat here
    Naturally!

Even the Shoggoth an’ the Gug
    They get the urge an’ start to hug
    We are united
    Nothing can fight it
    Insanity!

(Musical interlude by Azathoth’s drum and flute playing abominations and unearthly chanting)

Insanity!
    Insanity!

When the Mi-go
    Deal the final blow
    It fills me with glee!
    We’ll read the Necronomicon
    Until humanity is gone
    Each little Nightgaunt
    Know how to dream haunt
    Insanity!
    Each little Moon Beast
    Knows how to blood feast
    Insanity!

Each little Dhole here
    Makin’ a hole here
    That’s why it’s blissful
    Makin’ life dismal
    While we’re in luck here
    You’re really fucked here
    Insanity!
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Perhaps Cthulhu is waking and your artistic sensitivities are tuning to it... better watch out or you might lose your mind.

Fun Mythos poem, End. I especially appreciate the Dreamlands creatures referenced.

Comment

I didn't realize the tune it was supposed to be set to until the last two stanzas there. Made the re-read...interesting, once I did, though.

I always knew there was something untrustworthy about that damn Jamaican crab. The part where he could talk should have been the first clue...

Comment

This is fucking awesome. Props End. Do one to "Colors of the wind" or "Be our guest" next. I want a dark, demonic Disney symphony.

Comment

I actually did a "Be our guest" parody before.

http://forums.infinite-story.com/sho...p?t=19&page=13

(It's right after Ves posted the hidden dick castle from Little Mermaid)

Didn't even know the other song you mentioned until I looked it up. As I've mentioned before I'm not really a Disney person, but Katie is and still actively listens to a lot of the songs, so I guess when the Old Ones called to me to write that night, they found it more insanity inducing to put it in my mind in the form of a Disney ditty.

Surprisingly when I did a search for a Little Mermaid/Cthulhu crossover just to make sure I wasn't being too unoriginal, I didn't find all that much let alone an Under the Sea parody. Seems like those two would be a natural fit for someone to make something twisted out of. (Maybe its too obvious or something I guess.)
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

*Now imagining the prince as Obed Marsh, Ariel as his mysterious second wife (and an implicit Deep One) and King Triton as Father Dagon*

Comment

Let's not forget End's fondness for Beauty and the Beast, as indicated here. I just think he'd better be careful, doing all those Disney parodies, Uncle Walt might come out of the grave and sodomize him with King Triton's trident. Or maybe just a dinglehopper.

But seriously, End, stop pretending like you're not a hardcore Disney fan.

And you're not the first wannabe ghetto guy I've known with this strange proclivity. Once I was visiting a friend in her aunt's scary South Bronx apartment where there was no toilet seat, but twelve locks on the door. My friend's older cousin, about 30 at the time, still lived at home with his mommy (yeah, I know, stereotype blah blah blah) but the real kicker was the entertainment center in his bedroom stuffed with pristine VHS copies of every Disney movie ever made. He wouldn't let his adult cousin so much as lay a finger on any of them, although he did invite me in for a little Scuttle n' Snuggle.

It's ok, End, really. There are worse things you could love than that brief period of middle-brow bliss known as the Disney Renaissance.
              My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post

Surprisingly when I did a search for a Little Mermaid/Cthulhu crossover just to make sure I wasn't being too unoriginal, I didn't find all that much let alone an Under the Sea parody. Seems like those two would be a natural fit for someone to make something twisted out of. (Maybe its too obvious or something I guess.)
                Looks like we found our prompt for the next IWT (next year sometime when this one is finally done)

Comment

Working...
                Do Not Sell My Personal Information