Infinite Story 2 Alpha Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Story 2 Alpha Testers Wanted

You read that right. I am looking for testers. Please PM me with your email and I will send you an invite when it is ready (which will be soon).

A few disclaimers before I creatively deliver the alpha testing site for IS2.

The Goal - to migrate from ModPERL/Postgres => PHP/MySQL

Using my home-grown PHP framework, I will be able to add features more quickly and maintain the code base much easier! I honestly have missed improving the site and am excited to have dedicated users that still want to use it.

For this launch, don't expect to be blown away with tons of new features. But if you are blown away, please let me know the changes you like. Again, the goal is to get everyone's data migrated accurately, maintain functionality, sneak in some new features and modest UI/design changes.

After this, I intend to get back to having regular improvements to the site assuming you guys continue to have good ideas and requests.

Some notes on the alpha site:

1. Everything should be working EXCEPT a)attaching images to rooms, b)full editing capabilities (room modification by admin), and c) room looping with nicknames. Please don't email me on those issues. I will post when those things are complete and I feel comfortable moving this to beta.

2. I simplified some features, removed some. I haven't used the old site in so long that I've forgotten what it was that I changed. Most everything should be the same but I suspect that there may be some other discrepancies that I did not intend. I also want to go over some long-standing features/rules and see if you guys think they are worth changing.

3. The data on the alpha site is not always up to date. Everytime I run my custom import scripts, the data is killed. While it's okay to create new rooms and test functionality, please be aware that the data will eventually be killed.

4. Feel free to create a "test" account to test multi-user features like mailbox, permission, and friend features. If you are one of those techie folks that are good at finding security holes, I'd love for you to take your best shot. (xnull where are you)

5. Check your rooms and choices to make sure the content is coming over properly. DEP caught a fairly significant issue where the room description was not displaying. It turned out to be smart quotes that was causing the problem.

Please email me directly with any issues: webmaster4321 @ you know the domain

The alpha site you can get to by replacing "www" in the regular site with alpha. No password.

Please don't post the link in the forums because I don't want spiders hitting it.

Cheers and thanks to anyone who has time to devote to testing.

Comment

I believe I've ironed out the last few issues with Continuing a story:

1. image uploads
      2. using a nickname for room looping

At this point, please test the heck out of adding rooms. Submission/review process should be good too.

Comment

Working...
      Do Not Sell My Personal Information