New Site is Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site is Up

If you haven't notice already the new site is up. If you encounter any issues, please email me.

Nice!

This is a cool thing to come back and see after being away from the site for awhile.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I'm very happy to see that the site has been given a makeover! My only critique is that when browsing through stories, there is no indication as to the size of the story. I know you can get this information by clicking on each individual story, but it would be nice to have either a sort by room count option or sort by word count option.

Anyway, thanks for updating!
      Click it now.

Comment

Also, did you get rid of the option to have choices bolded when there are rooms behind them? This was a very useful option when trying to finish up a particularly large story. Is there some way to activate an indication of which choices have rooms behind them and which do not for the story author(s)?
        Click it now.

Comment

Apoth - that feature is still available in My Account > Settings. As such, it affects all stories that you read; not just your own.

Comment

Thanks sev!
            Click it now.

Comment

So, I notice that when I load the ratings for this story, the word wrap doesn't work, and half of the text disappears off the page and into the grey margins. I can't find any other story where this happens, though, mine or someone else's.

I also have a banner on my profile that says "your profile is currently hidden from the public" even though I haven't chosen to hide it from the settings page.
              Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
              And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Is there any way transfer text from Word without the site translating certain characters into gibberish?

Quotation marks, apostrophes and elipses will turn into odd characters meaning you can't just copy/paste straight from a Word document without having to go back fix it manually.

Fortunately, as it stands now any old stories with pages copy/pasted in this way will show up fine, but attempting to go back and edit them or copy/pasting from Word for new pages will result in the errors.

Attempting to get around the problem by transferring the text to notepad first and then to the site doesn't work either.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Guys, we are starting to get unorganized and I will have a difficult time keeping all of the questions, requests, and comments in order.

I'm thinking either create a thread or email me directly webmaster4321 @ you know the domain

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    So, I notice that when I load the ratings for this story, the word wrap doesn't work, and half of the text disappears off the page and into the grey margins. I can't find any other story where this happens, though, mine or someone else's.

I also have a banner on my profile that says "your profile is currently hidden from the public" even though I haven't chosen to hide it from the settings page.
                    Usoki, I have logged these bugs in my tracking program and will address them as soon as I'm able.

Again, let's try posting individual bugs and issues in the Site Suggestions/Bug Reports forum. It will be easier to address and better for other users who may experience the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
                      My only critique is that when browsing through stories, there is no indication as to the size of the story. I know you can get this information by clicking on each individual story, but it would be nice to have either a sort by room count option or sort by word count option.

Anyway, thanks for updating!
                      As I mentioned in another thread, the Browse Engine will be getting a complete makeover. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                        Is there any way transfer text from Word without the site translating certain characters into gibberish?

Quotation marks, apostrophes and elipses will turn into odd characters meaning you can't just copy/paste straight from a Word document without having to go back fix it manually.

Fortunately, as it stands now any old stories with pages copy/pasted in this way will show up fine, but attempting to go back and edit them or copy/pasting from Word for new pages will result in the errors.

Attempting to get around the problem by transferring the text to notepad first and then to the site doesn't work either.
                        The room should render properly (after saving). If not, please email me a link to the room that is still showing the funky characters. Word uses extended ascii and there was a ton in everyone's stories so I am now using a windows entity scheme for output. I don't know if that messes with Mac folks but it definitely fixed the rendering problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                          Usoki, this is happening because someone made a comment with a ton of exclamation points (no spaces); you can't wrap a word that has no spaces. This can happen with a room description as well. I'm not sure what the solution is but I suppose I could edit this particular comment.

Comment

Working...
                          Do Not Sell My Personal Information