Something wrong with the servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong with the servers

When I try to delete a room in my story, the browser brings up an #500 internal server error.

Also, when I click in one of the story progression options, the system tells me that it's an invalid choice.

What's going on?
    more weight

Are you still getting these errors? Have you tried another browser? Sev (sysadmin) should be here soon to answer your question.
    http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by xnull View Post
      Sev (sysadmin) should be here soon to answer your question.
      Ah hahahahahaha!

Oh no oh no...hahahahaha!!

That one should get funniest quote of the year.

I'm squirting Juicy Juice out my nostrils that was so funny and outrageous.
      Last edited by Vesnic; 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I can't duplicate this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comment

I was messing around with deleting rooms recently and I never got this error.

Haven't gotten the invalid choice one either.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Here's what I get.

Have your share of voyeurism at the same time.

It's getting really, really annoying. I've been working on this story for a month now, and I'm really getting pissed at not being able to finish it. Fuck.

Should I just delete the story and start a new one? I'll try a different browser for now.
            Attached Files
            more weight

Comment

Fucking bloody fucking hell.

Still having problems. All right. I'm deleting my old story and building every room from the root. It's good I saved everything on my hard drive, though I could have still gotten everything I needed from the old story before deleting it. Whatever. Hope this doesn't happen again.

I think the system got somehow confused with all the room intersections. A freaky error glitch, or something alike. Shit, I don't know how this works. I'm having a hard time trying to keep every room chain in mind myself!

Hey, I just got an idea. How about adding family tree kind of room chain feature. With it, you could see in a picture how the rooms created chain up. Here, I made a picture. I think it would help.
              Attached Files
              more weight

Comment

We've talked about such a feature before. Here's the problem with that- room linking. A story tree feature only works if each room is linked to only one other room. With the possibility to make multiple links leading to the same room, such a feature would quickly become error-filled and glitchy. Especially since you can literally create a loop of rooms that never ends. The code would not be able to accurately visually depict all of the possible interactions. So, it's better not to have it- the room linking is much more useful.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

COuld it maybe still be represented and show some sort of icon when a room is looped to or a choice is looped to another room? I could see two different icons... it could maybe be done. Maybe someone experienced with the looping could cook up a mockup... I will likely be soliciting for new features after the v2 goes live.

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information