Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should all members have access to loose ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should all members have access to loose ends?

I was coding the Loose Ends feature on the new site and it made some sense that maybe all users should be able to view Loose Ends for a story. That way, if someone wants to quickly be able to get to a room where they can add....

Doesn't seem like it would hurt.

I think severed rooms should remain author-only though.

I always thought the old loose ends feature we had was handy, so this doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, it should definitely be something that can be seen on truly open stories. There's no point in finding loose ends if you have to wait for author approval. And if it's a read-only, being able to see what the author hasn't finished yet in one click is downright rude/mean.

But for an author who does want tons of people adding to his story, I don't see why it can't be done.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

So the logic should be -- anyone can see the loose ends IF the story is accepting submissions. Of course, one can also get writing privileges through permissions.

Maybe the logic should be: if has_write_access_to_story then allow loose ends to be viewed

?

Comment

Seems reasonable to me. ^_^; I sure can't think of any exceptions.
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

But one thing that would be the Problem is that if people had access to the loose ends some wouldnt even read the story and add on to the story with what they would think it was about then the storys would be all chaos and crazy making no sense
            Last edited by wolfen44; 03-20-2009, 05:54 AM.
            “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

You can still make a story private so nobody can add on except people you want, or you can make it so anyone can add on, but you have to approve it first. This all cuts down on any randomness you didn't want in your story regardless of loose ends.

I'd imagine anyone who is leaving their story open so that anyone can add on at anytime doesn't care that much about organized consistency.
              Last edited by End Master; 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM.
              Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

True very true it would just be annoying to have a bunch of people added posts at once that did not pertain to the story what so ever. it gets irritating deleting rooms for an hour strait.
                “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

You can also set it up so that you must approve any room before it is actually added to the story proper. That way you could control someone rapidly adding nonsense rooms to a story, were it to ever happen. Or, if someone were to keep posting with a lack of punctuation so severe that their posts -I mean contributions- were incoherent. You'd be able to stop that too. Yep.

Comment

Ya true we can do that goes to show how much expertise i have with other people adding rooms to stories(I wish that people would add on to my stories)
                    Last edited by wolfen44; 03-21-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Should all members have access to loose ends

That way we can happy BD someone, or Happy Memorial Day to all Or its sure raining outside today
                      Or... Do you need a BiGgeR MeMMbEr to MaKe WiFeY HaPpY AnD HaVe LoNgeR SeX TiMeS

Comment

Working...
                      Do Not Sell My Personal Information