Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should all members have access to History on a public story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should all members have access to History on a public story?

Currently I believe only story owners can see the "history" page of a story. Since contributors is open I don't see any reason why history shouldn't be. What you all think?

Personally, I don't see why we have that feature in the FIRST place, but...

I wouldn't like the thought of people being able to see it. It's a bit personal to see how many edits and re-edits go into a work, not to mention outright deletions. I can't think of an actual reason why this is bad, though. I just enjoy withholding info- it's not like anyone else needs to know.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I agree. I want people to see the finished product of my story, not all the messy stuff that came before. When a book is published, you don't include five rough drafts full of red marker and angry notes from the editor. So why do it here?
      Last edited by Vesnic; 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Yeah, only the story owner should be able to see the history page of a story, nobody else really needs to see what's been edited and such.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

What they said.

It's all about the finished product. Not the trial & error.

Comment

I concur.

asdfadsfadsfdafs
            Click it now.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information