Require Validation option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Require Validation option?

I'm wondering if the "require validation" on rooms should even be an option. If you let others add to your story, I'm starting to think that you should require validation. This will prevent a lot of crap from getting on the site I think.

Whatchyall think?

In theory it sounds good, but it would completely kill a number of the older stories that people still have fun adding to, because their owners have gone away. There is also the case of people who are lazy or indifferent, who would never bother to review anything, so their stories would also never grow with outside additions.

I would make the default require validation, so that people would have to actively choose to turn it off, but I wouldn't remove it completely.
    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

I wouldn't remove it completely either. It would also make it harder for people to add multiple rooms, if they're feeling so inspired.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I'm going to have to disagree. It would just become a major nuisance more than anything else.
        Click it now.

Comment

This would be a great place for a poll.
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
            This would be a great place for a poll.
            That's what she said.

--

But I do agree that this would be a good place to have a poll, which is rather easy to do. Any time you have an idea of changing something or adding something new you can easily set up a poll in a thread to get a fast feel as to where everyone stands on the idea. I do this all time on my site, but everyone seems to always vote for "I Like Cheese!" instead of one of the options about the subject. I should really stop adding that option to all my polls.
            Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

The I Like Cheese option is important because it eliminates people who don't really care one way or the other but simply feel like they need to voice their lack of opinion. It allows everyone to have an outlet.
              Click it now.

Comment

I like it as an option.

Reason being (as dragavan pointed out) stories like Another Monday Morning, in which the current owner NCPolice has not been online much, would not be able to grow.

True, most of what is added to those stories is crap, I like to think that it is a nice way to channel the crap away from the better stories.

Still though, the less crap the better.
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Speaking of which, I pmed NYC police, though I doubt he will see it... I asked if he could ask Sev to make me editor of Another Monday Morning. I am on all the time, and am the number one contributor to the story. I feel like I could make it a little bit less crappy and it deserves an editor who frequents the site. If you read this Sev, please consider it.
                  Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information