Clans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clans

OK, I think you guys remember a system where users make & join a clan.

I think it would be a good idea the the clans system be revived but better than the previous one.

What do you think?
    "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

I think not.

They were a rather lame idea to begin with and really didn't have much of a place in a story writing site like this. Writing groups, perhaps, but Clans are so MMORPG and don't belong here.
    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Writing groups is a better name for the suggestion.
      "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

I think the apathy around here is so great that there really isn't a point in having such a system because, frankly, no one would use it. If you want to write as a group, figure out a collab work. You don't need a clan structure to write a story with someone else. We had the feature removed during your absense, Mega. And, frankly, I approve of that decision. No more clans, no regrets.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

HOID is like a clan, only much much better. Come join us, and on to what is already the largest, most popular, and most awesome story on the site!
          Click it now.

Comment

Damn you and your numbers, apoth!

DAMN YOU!

Comment

Clans were an epic failure, megaman. Here's why; every new user started their own clan. Very, very rarely did anyone actually join an existing clan.

And then, to top that off; there are less than a handful of "Clan Stories"; meaning that those 100+ clans did absolutely nothing other than "be in a clan".

So, my vote is no. I think it would be a waste of severens' time.
              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I agree. We want Sev to open up IS2.0 as soon as possible. Adding new features (especially re-adding ones that were removed because nobody wanted or used them) is a bad idea.
                http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

You can have the same feature by using the Rights engine. You'll just have to manually set up the rights for your "clan" manually for each story and the clan will never be identified as an entity.

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information