No announcement yet.

New Images Don't Show Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see any images that were already posted before the updating, but I think the problem is if you try to upload any new ones they don’t show up.

Here’s an example of when I tried to replace a pic for one of my stories.

http://www.infinite-story.com/choice/73511/?room=36487
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I for one would really like to see the images upload, as I'm planning to use several in my IWT4 story. Thanks.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I've also noticed that the site no longer supports several foreign-language letters. For instance, it will take an umlaut, but not an accented umlaut. This is most distressing!
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Problem:
          http://www.infinite-story.com/choice/125057/?room=62991

Notice how the image flashes, about to appear then disappears.

Comment

Ahh ok. The image was removed for a while, check the link. There is an image attached to the story. It briefly appears and then disappears again.

Should I msg Sev about this? I don't want to be a nag.

Comment

Bad IS Webmaster!

Servers went down at co-lo facility on Feb. 16th. At that time, the NFS mounts and services died which caused the problem again. My friend who set this up didn't make it work upon bootup so I had to restart everything manually.

However!
              I did write a script to recopy over the broken images. There were only 102 missing images, but that number is low because most of you now use other services for image hosting.

Sorry for the trouble!

No updates here other than I'm moving my family to another city so we are uh-huh, still really busy.

I still claim that I have not abandoned this site and will finish up the last 20% of the rewrite and get it launched. Then we can have fun and add new features!

Unfortunately, NO ETA!

Cheers and hope you are all having fun with the site still.

Comment

Good luck at your new place. Are you staying in the same state at least? (Your state makes some of the best beer ever)
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Same state.... moving out of shit-hole Medford to Bend, Oregon. We will steer clear of the snobby yuppies though.

Cheers,
                  Justin

Comment

Originally posted by severenz View Post
                    Same state.... moving out of shit-hole Medford to Bend, Oregon. We will steer clear of the snobby yuppies though.

Cheers,
                    Justin
                    You're in Oregon? Wow, I didn't know that. I didn't realize you were that close to me. I thought everyone was like on the east side of the mountains. You are like 6 hours from me (or less if you drive like me). No point... just surprised.
                    Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Sherwood here :P

Good luck with the move, Sev!

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member and I can't upload an avatar I have already ensured that my image, a gif with a size of 4021 bytes, 72 dpi and 80 x 80 dimensions, conforms with the requirements.
                        Last edited by Alejate; 06-11-2008, 02:55 AM. Reason: included having conformed with requirements for image upload

Comment

Yea my avatar on my profile wont show up on the site and I have tried everything in the FAQ but nothing in working.
                          “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

I think the avatars got glitched when the old forums got purged.

Don't really need an Avatar on the main writing site anyway. All the talking goes on over here.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                              Don't really need an Avatar on the main writing site anyway. All the talking goes on over here.
                              I know It would just be nice to have one thats ok though you are right you dont really need them for the main site
                              Last edited by wolfen44; 03-21-2009, 05:14 AM.
                              “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

New Images Dont Show Up

P.S.--I dont see that error message, T, when I go to my blog.

Oh, and something else Ive noticed. When I go to my home page, it says " s Homepage" rather than "Lubes Homepage". Is that a known problem? I see it on some other home pages but not all of them.
                                Movie
                                watch movie

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information