Images gone forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images gone forever?

Are all images hosted before you fixed the bug now officially gone forever? If so, several stories that have spanned across the years are essentially ruined, especially stories like "Visual Epic" that relied on images and whose writers are no longer active members on the site. If they are not coming back, it seems like some of those stories should be taken down because without images they make little to no sense and will only detract from the site overall.
    Click it now.

Whew! For a moment I thought the images went down again. I was like “Shit! I just put those back up!”

While its true Visual Epic loses a lot without images, it’s about the only story that does so due to the game aspect of it.

However, even without the images, it’s still “playable” because Morathi also explains everything with text too. Maybe somebody could contact Morathi about it though. I think he lurked a bit several months ago.

No need to take anything down, (Though perhaps get rid of the “Red Xs”) most of the stories are still readable even without images which is a lot more than can be said for quite a few of ones that didn’t have images interwoven into them to begin with.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

End, please don't minimize it. I'm trying to coerce Sev into fixing it because I REALLY don't want to rehost over 400 images associated with Escape Artist. That would simply be a nightmare. Plus, I may not have some of them backed up. And there are many other stories that will suffer with the loss of the images. I just think if it is something that is possibly fixable it really should be.

Plus, Morathi's story is total crap without the images.
      Click it now.

Comment

I think if it was remotely fixable, he would have done so by now. They're gone.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I know they aren't gone because an image briefly flashes and then disappears. The data is in fact somewhere.
          Click it now.

Comment

Okay, I've switched image servers.... at least one of the problems appears fixed. I'll leave it to you guys to give me some specific examples if anything else isn't working.

Comment

Everything looks back to normal. Thanks a bunch Sev! And I promise I WILL get around to sending in that donation I have been talking about.
              Click it now.

Comment

Working...
              Do Not Sell My Personal Information