Vote for an official newbie approver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for an official newbie approver.

I emailed severenz and he said that he was willing to give someone rights to approving new members. He suggested that we take a vote for whoever wants to do it. No nominating others, only self-nomination please. Needs to be someone who's active obviously. And whoever it is will need to keep an eye out for probable spammer names (like ladyxadmin) and NOT approve those bastards.

Anyone interested? Post here.

I'll throw my name into the pot. I'm online every night after work and most non-work nights too. So I'd definately have the time to pop in every other day or so to approve people.

Anyone else interested? Again, post here. Then we'll vote.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Just wondering, is this just the ability to approve of new people or full mod powers?

Full mod powers makes it a little more attractive since you'd be able to ban the potential spambots and delete their threads that somehow manage to make it through the sign up process. (Like LadyAdminX did)
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I believe it's just approve mode. But since the approver person would be the one approving people it should be pretty simple to tell the legitimate members from the spammers. But shit, I don't know. That much is up to severenz, and wasn't mentioned in the original email conversation.

Comment

Approve Newbie is better than nothing, and at least then genuine newbies can actually join in the community.

This is new ground at IS. I'm sure the job would evolve, depending on what is needed.

Last edited by Crunchyfrog; 02-10-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

What the hell, I guess I'll run too then, won't be much of a vote if DEP's the only nominee.

Comment

The votes are split 50/50, who else will weigh in? Come on, let's get someone to run this so we can get dreamshell and the others who are forced to speak only through means of posession onto the site. Don't care who, me or end or someone else. Just so lnog as it's someone who can update semi-frequently.

Comment

You want someone to put up a poll?

Comment

I thought this thread was just to see who was running, and you'd make another thread for proper voting.

Comment

Perhaps we should give it a week from the time DEP started this thread, in case anyone else wants to throw their hat in the ring, before voting...

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information