Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should all submissions require review by author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should all submissions require review by author?

The problem I would be solving is the person that leaves a story abandoned and the story goes rampant.

The goal is to create good content for users to read. While an owner can easily approve without standards, without the review process a story's quality can really go down.

Thoughts?

Personally, I never let anyone submit without my review. But I do know of... well, okay, really just stories like Apoth's HOID. If you can't submit rooms in rapid succession, there's really no way for it to work. And they are fun stories in their own way. I'd hate to kill them, although I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. Especially that one story about a boy and his bicycle that DEP and Chubby hijacked back in the day.

Is there a way to put that setting on a timer? Like, after every few weeks they get a notification that the story is now set to room review? So if they want to turn it back off, they'll be able to do so, but if they've left the site, the story will be locked after a week or two?
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Usoki, you bring up a good point about those concept stories.

My goal is to keep the content good and to let the stories that have "gotten out of hand" disappear. Maybe a discussion of a "report this story as pure shit" feature could solve that?

Also, I intend to revisit the rules for a story expiring (still readable, but not showing up in browse or other "top" lists etc). I believe on current site after a submission has been left pending for a certain number of days, the story is considered abandoned.

Comment

I like the 'report this story as pure shit' option.

I like the options currently set up for additional submission to your story; Private, Additions pending review by author, and Wide Open. Wide Open does tend to make pure shit stories, but the author always has the 'delete' or 'edit' option.

I've mistakenly left a story or two wide open and had a shit addition or three, ended up deleting two and editing in a bunch on content to the third since the idea of what heppened in that room wasnt bad at all (just awful writing).
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information