Embedding music/videos in rooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding music/videos in rooms?

I don't know if this is already possible, but I haven't been able to find it, so... would it be possible if it's not already a feature? (And if it is, how do you do it?)

I remember someone having music that auto-starts in one of the old stories when everything was still coded with html. Don't recall which story or we could check to see if it still works.

here's a decent list of BBC commands, but I'm sure there's more on the list than just those. Unfortunately it doesn't list what you're looking for.

On another site I go to we just type http://youtube.com/1 but I"m pretty sure that's coding specific to their site.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

And I would beg of you and the coding gods to never implement the ability to do it here...

Autoplay music was the bane of the web in the earlier days (the MySpace age?) along with copious animated GIFs. Nearly any site I open that starts to play music (or even a video) automatically is instantly closed by me. Especially since most of them tend to play it at maximum volume by default.

If embedded music players are ever allowed, make them a button you have to click to start. Do not allow them to autoplay. I beg of you.
      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

If you embed a youtube video into a website, the user has the option to play, stop, pause, etc. it. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. (I added in music because I remembered there was a story with automatic play music).

It's actually purely because of one of the stories I'm going to be working on. I think it would be effective to have a viewable video in the room. I could just put in the link, but it doesn't strike me as being as effective

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information