Bugs or user stupidity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs or user stupidity?

Could be either with these, but here are a few things I noticed.

I can't stay logged in. I am using IE8, have'nt checked it on firefox. There's no 'remember me' button. I'm logged in until I navigate away from the page. If I return I have to log in again.

IWT history, 1st contest winner was Reunion (written by a particularly witty and handsome user), it's listed as Search on the IWT tab.

The recently active sorting doesn't seem to work. I updated a story of mine at least twelve hours ago and it's not listed anywhere near the top. The story in question is this one. Check the stats page and the "last room created" field says "never". I checked a few different stories and they all say "never" in the last room created spot.

That's all I got for now, I'll probably find other stuff that trips me up too.

(by the way, full editing fucking rocks. I've been adding a "choose another job" option to a few 'Ducky Park' rooms.)
    Last edited by donteatpoop; 10-08-2011, 01:17 PM.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

If you click on "comments/ratings by (user)" you get a weird screen with no info. Looks like a remnant of the old site.

http://www.infinite-story.com/profil...ts.php?id=6188

Comment

Entering the name of a member does not work and clicking a letter brings up a "not found" error when using the All Members page.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

I'm working on all these issues - they are in my tracker. I'll post back here as they are fixed.

Comment

Quick Questions:

Last Room Created: Should this ignore status (pending, approved) ? (I think before, it ignored status)

Recently Active: Previously I believe this only looked at "last room created" - but I could see taking other actions into consideration, aka modifying a room, approving a room, etc.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by severenz View Post
            Quick Questions:

Last Room Created: Should this ignore status (pending, approved) ? (I think before, it ignored status)

Recently Active: Previously I believe this only looked at "last room created" - but I could see taking other actions into consideration, aka modifying a room, approving a room, etc.

Thoughts?
            If this is only listing the dates the actions were taken, I don't think it matters that much. "Last room created" should cover only approved/public rooms, as readers can see this value (and it's less useful to authors), so there's no point in mentioning a room that can't be viewed.

"Recently active" ought to take the other actions into account, as it would otherwise be redundant. But again, it's not that important (unless you want to be able to sort by recently active stories on the "read" page, and even then).

Comment

For "Last room created," I think only approved matters.

As far as the Recently Active thing goes, I'm torn. If I'm really polishing the shit out of a story, fixing errors, adding details, expanding the story, etc; I'd like the edits to make it pop up to the top of the active list. But at the same time, if all I did was correct 'teh' to 'the' it would seem stupid to appear on the recently active list. I can go either way on that one.

Comment

Looks like the newer stories aren't generating any hits.

Given that this one was rated 3 times I'm assuming it was read enough that it should have some.

http://www.infinite-story.com/story/?id=14570

Not even the rooms are generating them. (first page of the story)

http://www.infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=94316

Not sure if this is affecting old stories.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

1. hits are now being counted for rooms. FWIW, I don't want to put any weight on the hits stat since reloads cause increments. At some point I could write an engine to filter out repeat hits from the same IP, but it's not high priority.
                  2. Last Room Created is now being updated
                  3. Recently Active now browse sort now works (last active room creation date)

Comment

This view has been changed (and display bug fixed):
                    http://www.infinite-story.com/profil...ts.php?id=6188

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                      Entering the name of a member does not work and clicking a letter brings up a "not found" error when using the All Members page.
                      Locke, the letter links are fixed. However, I am unable to reproduce "entering the name of a member not working." Can you give me more details on this?

When I type "Lock" your name comes up in the list. Maybe the auto-complete is not working for you?

Comment

I was typing in the name and clicking "show member profile." Seems to work every way but that one. (http://www.infinite-story.com/member...Member+Profile)

EDIT: Also, clicking the letters now seems to redirect to the "members" menu (http://www.infinite-story.com/members/?ltr=W)
                        Last edited by Locke; 10-21-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        Do Not Sell My Personal Information