Not a fan of the stop sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a fan of the stop sign

I was working on my contest story and really missed the old bold text THE END at the bottom of the page.

The stop sign concerns me because it stands out. If it's not a particularly long room, it's right there as soon as the reader reaches the page... staring them in the face and giving away the fact that it's ending before they even read it. It takes away from the surprise 'oh shit' moment, in my opinion. Though perhaps that's wrong, it just moves it from the narrative to the image.

I may be speaking for myself, but that's my opinion on it.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Positive, negative, or indifferent?
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

I do agree, I preferred the old THE END style too. The stop sign really feels out of place in stories with a non-modern setting.

Makes me feel like I'm directing traffic or something.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I will add my voice to this too... This is a writing site and "The End" is much better way to mark the ending of a story than a bright graphic of a modern stop sign.
      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Agreed as well. I was perfectly happy with a text 'The End', though I wouldn't object to an image there if we could upload our own.

Comment

I concur with the aforementioned.
          Click it now.

Comment

I can remove it. Should it just be left to the author? You can already upload a room image.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information