Most important suggestion requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important suggestion requests

In your estimation, what would be the single most greatest awesomest wonderfulest and importantest feature/enhancement that you would like to see?

Please comment here so that Severenz can assess the functionality.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

I would like Caress the Ves Day (February 14th) to be reinstated, except this time with actual prezzies and not just weird PMs from MRH and lurkers. It's coming up soon!

I'm still in favor of a "Recommended Writers" Section which can be totally huge and non-elitist.

And then of course getting the forums rockin' again will help to draw in new users. Unless of course this is just our very own little space ship, our own Red Dwarf of sorts, and we'll just kibbutz and grow old together here for all eternity. And really, I can think of worse things than that.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

If not 'Recommended Writers' than 'Recommended Stories' maybe? Or just some kind of way to showcase the stuff that's actually good.

Right now this is listed as the best story on the entire site.

Comment

The problem with "recommended stories" is that everything else is already listed by "story". Top-rated, most read, etc. Focusing on authors instead would personalize things a bit and would really stand out as a different category. It could even have its own tab. If not, maybe it could be a starred sub-heading under the "Read" tab so people's eyes are drawn to it. And since this would be a community-created list, it would be a more reliable indicator of quality than either the top-rated or most-popular categories.

Whether it ends up being listed by author or by story, I just think the wording should be different than the other current categories. A lot of sites seem to have an "editor's choice" section, which might not be a bad idea here.
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Well I do like the idea, it just might look a bit odd that the community-recommended authors are basically all the ones who make up the entire community. Or at least I can't say I've ever stumbled across any really outstanding stories that weren't written by people already posting here.

Then again, surely the casual-browsing scum won't even notice as we manipulate them from above.

Comment

One thing I'll also add as a suggestion from a writing standpoint, is it really ought to be possible to insert a new room in anywhere you want. I decided I needed to add an extra page onto the main storyline to clarify things, but as far as I can see it just can't be done.

On CYS all I would have to do is unlink the old rooms, write the new one up and then reconnect them however I want.

Comment

Working...
            Do Not Sell My Personal Information