Updated IWT4 Contestants List (for quick reference):

Apotheosis: Infernal Gate
    Donteatpoop: Youngstown Demon
    EndMaster: Death Song
    KatieWroteIt: Odalisque Paradise
    Usoki: Hellstone
    Vesnicie: The Country from Hell

(That's all, right?)

Also, is it the case that a person's votes won't count unless they vote for all of the stories?
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Oooh, good idea. But, I'd prefer hyperlinks-

The Country from Hell by Vesnicie

Death Song by Endmaster

Hellstone by Usoki

Infernal Gate by Apotheosis

Odalisque Paradise by KatieWroteIt

Youngstown Demon by Donteatpoop
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
        Oooh, good idea. But, I'd prefer hyperlinks-

The Country from Hell by Vesnicie

Death Song by Endmaster

Hellstone by Usoki

Infernal Gate by Apotheosis

Odalisque Paradise by KatieWroteIt

Youngstown Demon by Donteatpoop
        I knew there was a reason we let you hang out here.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I'm just counting votes as they come in. I'm not planning on requiring that all stories are rated. That is at the discretion of the voter... though of course that is what they should do.

EDIT: And you forgot xnull's story.

EDIT take 2: Apparently he never added two filler rooms to it. Nevermind.
          Click it now.

Comment

I'm just counting votes as they come in. I'm not planning on requiring that all stories are rated. That is at the discretion of the voter... though of course that is what they should do.
            Umm...wouldn't that mean we'd have unbalanced results at the end? The thought just bothers me. It'd mean a less accurate average for one story in the end.

If someone were to rate everything really low, but then not rate End's story...that lack of a low rating in End's average might push his story to victory. Now let's say multiple people don't rate End's story. (Maybe it's to verbose for the average dumbass.) He has a tactical advantage over everyone else. Or, maybe it's a disadvantage. Maybe he's stuck with a low score and a high score, and so his average won't get balanced. Either way.

...Except it'll get unbalanced anyway, since we can't rate our own. Hmm...
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

I agree, everyone needs to read and rate all the stories, or step down as judge. Apoth could suggest that everyone hold their ratings until they have read them all. I don't know, I just feel that it is important to hold the judges to a mimimum measure of consistency.
              ~Katie
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

In the past all the contestants voted for everyone's story, so I figured that's how we were doing this year too. Shouldn't be unbalanced since every story should get 5 votes.

If we get that rare non-contestant that votes, it still won't unbalance things. They just vote for every story.
                Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Just to clarify: are judges responsible for reading the story completely. I mean to say, do they need to follow every thread of the story, or just pursue it to one end destination. It is my understanding that one end is acceptable. Is that how we are doing this?
                  ~Katie
                  ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I hope so- I figure, if the story doesn't make a person try and pursue other branches, then that's the author's problem, and something that should be addressed in the critiquing.

Comment

I was just planning on counting all votes that came in. I mean, I could throw out anyone's votes who don't vote for all the stories but:

Take this scenario. Someone reads and rates four of the stories. They didn't read them all, but at the same time, I do not want to just throw out all the effort they put in into rating the stories that they did.

I really don't think that counting all votes rather than just the people who voted for every story will make any major difference.
                      Click it now.

Comment

But it could. With a contest this close, we'll look for any excuse to try and overthrow results. Even if it didn't, Katie, End and I overthrow your opinion. 'Tis all or nothing.

Comment

I agree on all or nothing as well.

Also, we don't rate our own story, do we?

And again, I want to receive some substantive critiques on my story, not just a number.
                          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

No, you don't rate your own story.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                              No, you don't rate your own story.
                              Shit, so much for my tens.
                              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Alright. So, to clarify the rule, you must rate all of the stories.
                                Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information