• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWT5--The Allegory of my Cave

The Allegory of my Cave

Consider the following definitions:

Allegory:

An expressive style that uses fictional characters and events to describe some subject by suggestive resemblances; an extended metaphor.

A figurative mode of representation conveying a meaning other than the literal

A form of extended metaphor in which objects and persons in a narrative, either in prose or verse, are equated with meanings that lie outside the narrative itself. Thus it represents one thing in the guise of another—an abstraction in that of a concrete image…

A story or visual image with a second distinct meaning partially hidden behind its literal or visible meaning...

This is your mission, should you choose to accept it. It can be happy or sad, backwards or forwards, furry or flat, but the one thing it cannot be is literal. I charge you all with the sacred quest of creating an allegorical story for the IWT5.

Entries will be due on October 31, 2008.
    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

You mean like when a guy has sex with a girl he’s actually raping her and in doing so he’s really performing an act of violence against not just her, but against all of womankind due to the innate male frustration of not being able to give life and only able to take it away?

Or like when two women are friends it’s on a much higher level than that of guys, because all women are naturally bisexual. So when they decide to explore each others bodies after a wild night of poetry and crying it doesn’t mean they’re lesbians, they’re just being friendly and the whole act of eating each other out isn’t sexual at all, it’s actually a spiritual thing in the name of the Mother Goddess Giver of all life and defender against all penis oppressors?

Because if that’s what you’re suggesting, I’m not writing such sexist trash.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yes, that is it exactly. I want you to write all about why you wish you had a vagina. Except since it's allegory, you can't say it out loud like that. Your protagonist has to be a squirrel named Fuzzyrugg who finds shelter in a moistened cave surrounded by tangles of scrubby scrub brush.
      Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
        Your protagonist has to be a squirrel named Fuzzyrugg who finds shelter in a moistened cave surrounded by tangles of scrubby scrub brush.
        Oh well that's different then.

But I'm going to make my protagonist a castrated midget instead. Having a squirrel protagonist is a little too close to furriness for my liking.

I think having a disembodied vagina that floats around my character's head speaking to him would be neat as well. It could represent the power of women's vaginas and their ability to get men to do anything.
        Last edited by End Master; 12-31-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

You see! You're inspired already! Look out everyone cuz the Master's got this one cinched!

Just don't forget to give your disembodied floating vagina a name. I wonder what it would be...
          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Scratch that. The disembodied vagina is too obvious. It will instead be a floating taco with a pink color and will have a fiesty Latina accent. She'll constantly be upset with the midget and telling him to eat her to make her temporarily less upset.

I guess I could call her Willow, Blossom, Peach or Cherry. Though calling a taco Cherry or Peach might get confusing to the reader, oh well they need to pay better attention to the symbolism.

Holy shit, it's disturbing that I could probably make this into a real story...
            Last edited by End Master; 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Count me in...

... for the allegory...
              ... not in for the vagina...
              ... or taco eatting...

just include me.

(Dammit, someone is going to assume that means something else, aren't they?)
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Katie has no vagina! Katie has no vagina! Ring the bells! Katie is a tranny!
                Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

This thread is very very disturbing. A 16 year old, sane handsomelad has no place among you... you... freaks. But I'm neither sane and have never been handsome.

I'm in I guess.

On a completely different note, I am experiencing writer's block. Not fun at all.
                  Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

Thoric, you may be young but you are one cool cat.
                    Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
                      Thoric, you may be young but you are one cool cat.
                      That, is going on my signature.

Comment

Oh man. It is WAAAY too early in the morning for this. *quaffs the rest of his beer* I think I urinated in my sister's panties.

Oh wait. Yep. Sure did. But why am I wearing my sister's panties? Oh wait. Ya... Um, let's move on.

WHAT? SHUT UP! Look, I'm just continuing what I started and left unfinished last night. This doesn't make me an alcoholic. I started drinking five years ago, took a few hour nap, and now I'm just keepin my buzz goin'. Just sorta keepin a good thing rollin. That's all. I am NOT an alcoholic.

I mean...I'm in I guess. But I think that technically EndMaster has already snatched for himself another victory before the contest has even started. Now it's really just a matter of vying for second place.

Looky there, sun's rising. Time to go back to bed!

*passes out on keyboard*
                        eoisughpp93q[;pfmgv
                        'v e]0[59y3mb]df trh6538 u65784e563u8-y7
                        eyr
                        htre059

Comment

*pushes drunken man off the keyboard long enough to say...*

Remember, guys, allegories are cool! Pan's Labyrinth was, like, an allegory! So don't be all whiny, mmkay? Let your imaginations expand. Let in the unicorns, the castrated midgets, the disembodied floating vaginas, the nubile elven princesses and of course our Hero, FUZZYRUGG THE SQUIRREL!! Allegories are fucking awesome.
                          Last edited by Vesnic; 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

So are unicorns!

Is Taco Bell open yet?

I've been suffering from writer's block lately as well, Thoric. I think it's because I keep falling down and hitting my head. I gotta stop doing that.

Does Taco Bell has a breakfast menu? Mmmm. Breakfast TACOS!!!!

Tacos, Tacos in the morning!

TACOS TACOS TACOS!

*passes out again*

Comment

It seems I have managed to get rid of my writer's block. I started working on my new story for IS today. Could only manage to write one room today. Hoping to write atleast 2 more tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information