Drum roll please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
    How disappointingly banal, Little Pet Name..
    What? How?
    Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

Originally posted by Megamantn View Post
      What the fuck is a writing tournament?

Nobody answered the question & I need a serious answer.
      "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

What the fuck is a writing tournament?
        It's a tournament where people write.

By the way, I appreciate you using the F word in order to get our attention, lol.

Some masterminded and dashingly handsome dude that frequents the site came up with the idea for the Infinite Writing Tournament a couple years ago. Basically, a theme is decided upon, and anyone who enters writes on that theme; stories due by the projected end date. After that, a week or two of voting. (must be interactive stories, since this is a CYOA site)
        Last edited by donteatpoop; 01-14-2009, 07:28 PM.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
          It's a tournament where people write.

By the way, I appreciate you using the F word in order to get our attention, lol.

Some masterminded and dashingly handsome dude that frequents the site came up with the idea for the Infinite Writing Tournament a couple years ago. Basically, a theme is decided upon, and anyone who enters writes on that theme; stories due by the projected end date. After that, a week or two of voting. (must be interactive stories, since this is a CYOA site)

Cool. Maybe I should enter the contest for the fuck of it...
          "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

Cool. Maybe I should enter the contest for the fuck of it...
            Or, you know...maybe it's over. Too bad it wasn't plastered all over the forums for the past few months, or could've entered this last one. It's a good thing DEP answered your question- it's not like there are three different threads you could've read through to find the answer.

Oh, wait...
            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
              plastered .
              Plastered? That's how I am, right now, at 3:46 am on a Thursday morning! Hurray for me and polish vodka!
              Click it now.

Comment

This thread is suddenly quite entertaining.
                Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Depends on what you find entertaining, if you mean Apoth's drunk posts, I think we've all gotten used to that. He'll never beat Chubby though.

If you mean Megaman's successful transformation from average drooling retard, to full blown pants shitting moron begging everyone to look at his dirty My Little Pony Underoos, then I suppose that could be entertaining in a tragic way.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, mostly I was referring to Usoki's post, because he has such obvious fun with some people you can't help but enjoy the sarcasm. Apoth taking "plastered" completely out of context and using it as an excuse to be drunk was fun too, though. I'll have to watch what I say around him.

EDIT: Ah, there's "drunk" and "plastered" twice, counting this sentence; he's got some boozing to do to catch up with the thread now.
                    Last edited by Locke; 01-15-2009, 09:29 AM.
                    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                      Depends on what you find entertaining, if you mean Apoth's drunk posts, I think we've all gotten used to that. He'll never beat Chubby though.

If you mean Megaman's successful transformation from average drooling retard, to full blown pants shitting moron begging everyone to look at his dirty My Little Pony Underoos, then I suppose that could be entertaining in a tragic way.

End, shut the fuck up & stop calling me a retard. This ain't no flame baiting forums or trolling, flaming forums.

Comment

Your comments have been sent. Check your site inbox if you entered a story for this contest.
                        Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                          Well, mostly I was referring to Usoki's post, because he has such obvious fun with some people you can't help but enjoy the sarcasm.
                          And yet no one ever gets pissed off at me- someone else takes the fall. I've never quite understood that, but I'm not about to complain.

Damn my late afternoon class. The comments were great, with people pointing out a lot the problems I knew existed, people pointing out patterns I hadn't actually noticed, and a few comments I didn't expect at all. I'll definitely have a long-winded thread up in a few hours discussing it all, as I'm such a feedback whore.
                          Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                          And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Thanks for sending the comments, Apoth!

Like Usoki, I really had an interesting mixture of feedback to wrap my head around. For me, this is one of the best days of the IS year. This kind of live interaction about writing was what brought me and kept me here in the first place. I will probably also post comments and open up some discussion.

Now where's my banner?!
                            Last edited by Vesnic; 10-02-2011, 07:41 PM.
                            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

So what is the next topic?

I'd like to suggest numbers or maze stories as possible genre's. Seriously though, I think it would be interesting to have a topic that took advantage of the CYOA format more. I feel like most people take stories that could be a single plotline and force them into a CYOA format. I'd like some sort of topic that can only exist in the CYOA format.
                              Click it now.

Comment

I have my own ideas too, but I realize that since I have lost the contest I have also lost my say in what the topic may be.

If Ves would like to hear my idea I would gladly give it to her. However in the case that the topic isn't chosen I would like to keep it a surprise for everyone else.
                                http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information