No announcement yet.

IWT6 Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus points from me if it includes Mudkip.

I'm still not promising I'll enter mine, I just think I will. I was starting to not like it the last time I worked on it. It'd be shame to quit now, though.

Comment

For the record it was me who suggested using HTML to do super-navigation. I even wrote an extremely detailed tutorial on how to do it (all posted in the old forums). I don't think anyone ever utilized it.
      http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

From what I remember, Dragavan just briefly discussed the possibilities of linking stories and such after seeing the "Table of Contents" part of Sick Shores. He didn't post any detailed tutorials or anything, but he mentioned it.

Comment

I remember Xnull describing his html link stuff, but I think most people would be too lazy to use it. I usually don't do much looping/merging paths anyway.

Chubby did an html story once called "Story X" and he had links going all over the place and was using image links too (Along with some other crazy stuff). His Paris Hilton story had some image links as well.

While this isn't really a topic I'm into, I have been thinking more about this contest lately and if I can get some serious time to myself while being in "writing mode" I do have a story idea planned out from beginning to end...or endless loops as the case may be.
          Last edited by End Master; 07-23-2009, 09:43 AM.
          Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Gotta love Story X. I once told Chubby that if not for all the cool HTML effects, I would have rated it a 2; however, a few months ago, I found a link that still leads to the story and I re-read it. Man. Even though the craziest of the HTML code is no longer working, that story is still an experience. On top of that, most of the writing is good. Unusual, but good.

And so dirty.

I completely take back all nonesense about giving it 2.

Comment

See, from what I remember of xnull's system, it seemed like a hell of a lot more work than just using the linking system that the site provides. Yes, you have to plan out what you're doing in advance, and there's not much a troubleshoot... but it's easier overall if you don't screw up, it looks much better from a visual standpoint. The thought of having all of those hyperlinks thrown all over the place makes me cringe. Especially since my browser would be opening a new window for each of those links. I don't mind links in moderation, or for accessing secret or over-explanatory severed rooms... but an entire story seems like overkill.
              Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
              And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

In my own defense I never found a need to use that system either. The tutorial was a proof concept to those that needed functionality which the site didn't provide (a few people had been mentioning that need was unmet on the old forums).

It didn't look that terrible from a visual standpoint at all.

Your criticism of having each link open in a new window/tab is totally valid though. This tabulating behavior isn't something you would want on a choose your own ending story. Unfortunately it was an element that couldn't be controlled - an emergent factor which arose from dancing around Sev's system limitations. Of course this was just a trade-offs you would have to have made in order to get functionality the site didn't provide out of pocket - and probably one of the reasons that nobody did end up using it.
                http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Working...
                Do Not Sell My Personal Information