No announcement yet.

Hemmingway Challenge (NOT!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've yet to meet someone who hated Crono Trigger.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
      Oh, for Playstation? Hands down, I'm not sure what could beat FF7. Admittedly, I never owned one. But break down the system barrier? Well, it's not as invincible as the Sephie Bishies would like to think. I'm still amazed they haven't ported it yet, though.

The original FF... hard? Heh, you adorable RPG newbie. Play a game with an obsurd leveling system like FF2 or Star Ocean- then we'll talk.
      Dude i was like five when i was playing that one hell i was eight when i first beat FF7 and also I have played FF2(some of it) and it wasn't that hard and star Ocean was just fun
      “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

Well, geez, dude, some clarification helps save a lot of confusion down the line. Don't say FF was hard- say that you were little, so you didn't get very far.

Also, I assure you that if you had continued to play II- the real, NES Japan II, not the SNES one they called II but is really IV, you would have found it nigh impossible once the difficulty kicked in. The leveling system is ridiculous.
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
          Well, geez, dude, some clarification helps save a lot of confusion down the line. Don't say FF was hard- say that you were little, so you didn't get very far.

Also, I assure you that if you had continued to play II- the real, NES Japan II, not the SNES one they called II but is really IV, you would have found it nigh impossible once the difficulty kicked in. The leveling system is ridiculous.
          Heh. The second paragraph seems to contradict the first one. Funny.

Maybe it's common knowledge for most people that FF2 for Americans is really FF4 for the Japanese, though. I certainly wasn't aware of this, but then, I'm not really a true RPG fan either.

Anyways, the "real" FF2 sounds like a game I'll be sure to steer clear of.

Comment

[QUOTE=Anyways, the "real" FF2 sounds like a game I'll be sure to steer clear of.

[/QUOTE]

I'd try it if i were you its actually a good game oh and it was the SNES version i still own it
            “When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"”

Comment

I was talking about the "real" FF2 -- the one Usoki was talking about. I believe that it's probably a good game, too, but if the leveling system is as bad as he says, then there's no way I'd be able to beat it. Hell, I can't even get to the end of a Grand Theft Auto game.

Comment

Yeah, Wolf, the SNES FF2 you own is really FF4. When they started translating games for America, they figured two and three were too hard for the American audience. So they didn't port any over until four. But, they figured it'd confuse their audience if the series suddenly skipped numbers. So they renamed it two as a part of the translation. We missed five, but they gave us six. Again, can't skip numbers- we knew it as three.

And then finally someone figured out what a mess this was making, so seven was translated as seven. We wondered what happened to four through six, when really we should have wondered what happened to two, three, and five.

The real FF2 only has three consistant characters. The four party member slot keeps rotating out with important NPCs, half of whom die. There are no levels- you just gain experience by using it. So, you can't level up your defense or HP unless you get hit a lot. You have to gain experience with swords by constantly using them, or you'll never do much damage. You have to continuously wear shields, or you they won't do much good. And, the worst- if you don't use a spell, it will never get better. The spells have levels from one to sixteen. If you never use fire, blizzard, or thunder- they won't level up. And, suddenly, you're in a dungeon with flan that you can't kill because your elemental magic is too weak. Guess you'll have to run. Need to cure stone? Not with that weak Esuna, you can't. You can only cure blindness. It takes an awful amount of grinding to make it through the game just based on the amount of powerful white magic you need, let alone trying to strengthen your black magic.

It's a good plotline- they're not afraid to kill people or make things dark and ooky- but it's so hard to complete if you're as impatient as I am. Horrid leveling system. Interesting, but horrid.

Comment

I think ill try that one off game tap or something i like a good challenge

Comment

Working...
                  Do Not Sell My Personal Information