More rating angst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More rating angst.

My story, Brothers, got rated a '2' by Leah1697 (or whatever number combination comes at the end of her username). In the rating she said "I loved it but whenever i get to a good part, IT STOPS!!!!!! "

Read it again, she LOVED the story. But rated it a two. She followed with a copycat of apoth's rating style, +1 for this, -10 for that, etc. She gave me:

-6 for it ending
    +2 for a good plot
    -4 for not letting people add on.

Only +2 for "a good plot" but -4 for not letting other people add on?!?

So I messaged her, asking why she rated it so low if she "loved it" and I also stated that I did not understand how she could really take off points because I work on my story alone. I then explained that when I work on it alone I have complete control over the content and can move the plot along the path(s) I intend it to go.

I tried very hard when writing that message to be polite and understanding... Or at least for the message to carry that tone.

Her reply? "it's a free country. I can do whatever. I personally didn't like the story much."

So I replied again, reminding her that she herself said in the rating that she "loved" the story. And now that I ask why she rated it low, she didn't care for it much? I told her I was confused. What was it that she didn't like? How could she love it when she rated it, yet give it such a low rating, and now that she's questioned about it she no longer loves it?

I then removed her from my friend list since she's a fucking idiot.

Her response: "No need to use bad language. And unfriending me was childish. I could just picture you like ''OH NO! SHE GAVE ME A 5!!! WAAAA! I AM UNFRIENDING HER! HAHAHA! '' Really. Come on. And we have something called ''freedom of speech'' and I can say if I didn't like it that you wouldn't let us add on to stories. :P So please,just quit with the whining. I could of given you a 1 or a 2. So be thankful."

That's when I explained that I didn't remove her for rating my story low, but rather or being a complete moron who can't give feedback when requested and instead says stupid shit like "it's a free country". After that I reminded her that she DID rate it a two.

How fucking stupid is this bitch? Seriously. First she LOVES the story (her words, not mine), then she says she didn't like it. She rates it a two and tthen says I should be thankful that she didn't give it a one or two.

I also explained to her that the "freedom of speech" that she keeps banking on means that I am allowed to bitch, whine, and complain whenever I feel like it. I explained that the freedom of speech works two ways.

I ended it all with another request for feedback, specifying that I would prefer the feedback to include actual content.

Her eloquent response? "whatever. you don't understand."

No Leah, you don't understand. And I'm afraid you never will.

That's when I let out the assumption that she's probably twelve years of age or younger, and if that was the case then all of this makes sense.

Haven't had a reply to that one yet.

Anyway, just venting.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

There really WASN'T any need to use foul language, DEP.

You blew it.

I love you, buddy, but you FUCKING blew it.

Comment

I would definitely be in support of a weighted voting system on this site to stop tools like Leah from trashing good stories. I've cleared HOID's ratings twice because someone decides it is a good idea to give it a 1 or a 2 and leave absolutely no feedback besides something inane about the greatness of Garry the face-puncher. Also, screw Leah for stealing my technique (which I very well may have "borrowed" from someone else)
      Click it now.

Comment

Did you check out her comment and rating that she gave for Third Eye?

1 Very boring. Kinda weird. Your gonna send me a long, boring, e-mail complaining that I gave one of your ''precious stories'' a 1. Well, whatever. But the story needs more rooms, it needs to be finished, it needs a better plot overall. In fact, it needed to not even become a story. Maybe just a commercial. :P A pathetic, sad commercial.
        In fact she's rated like three of your stories. She gave Escape a high score though. Seems odd that she would be picking most of yours to read.

EDIT: This is one of the reasons why I like how CYS' comment section is set up. You as the author can actually RESPOND back to idiots within it as many times as you like.
        Last edited by End Master; 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

That chick sounds crazy. Maybe she has a crush on you?
          ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

uh-oh, third eye and escape must be recent. She hadn't rated those before that I'd noticed.

Anyway, update time. Her response to the last one was "I'M TELLING YOU NOW LET IT GO YOU DUMB PIECE OF CRAP!"

lol. When asked to explain herself she gets super defensive, apparently.

So dropped the subject of feedback and moved on to a new one, replied as follows: "Why the sudden hostility? When asked to clarify your vague comments you freak out? Or do you just claim that you have freedom of speech... Wait, it's both isn't it. I knew it was gonna be both.

Clearly you've figured out the purpose of ratings. You are such a moron. I'm surprised you're able to log into the site. It must be especially challenging for you.

Clearly you are just a child. Maybe it's nap time and you're getting cranky? Did you skip snack time? Have mommy read you a story and get some rest."

Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post
            That chick sounds crazy. Maybe she has a crush on you?
            Yeah, but who doesn't, katie? Who doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
              Yeah, but who doesn't, katie? Who doesn't?
              It's a curse, isn't? It's a real curse. Hell, you've already taken out several restraining orders on yours truly. I don't know why you can't just realize that I'm everything you've been looking for in a man who wishes he was a woman.

Comment

You're not the only one who's had to deal with her -- I gave one of her stories like a 4 or something, and I even included a comment that was semi-nice and encouraging.

Then she rated When Zombies Attack a 1 and commented that she only wished she could give it a 0.

I sent her a message about how her abusive rating was kind of ridiculous, and then I mentioned that the story wasn't even mine anyway. She responded by saying something like "o, well ur rating hurt my feelins and i didnt rate yer story low because i was mad i rilly didnt like it."

(her grammar is, admittedly, a little better than this)

Then she went on to say something like: "o, well, im twelve&im a christian. R U a christian?"

I sort of avoided the question and sent her another message that was friendlier than the first one. So we left on good terms.

But she's still an idiot.

Comment

Bwahahahahahaha. Guess what i found out.

"You really have no idea what I am going through right now. I don't have to explain. But I can tell you that I am having trouble in my life, and I am a girl, and 12 years old. I really don't need you adding on to it either. So please, shut up and leave me alone."

My response:

"lol. you really are 12. I guess that really does explain everything.

I was initially just trying to get some feedback that had some actual CONTENT in it. Wasn't trying to get you all defensive. Shit. Could have been easy. But instead of explaining yourself in any way (like a rational human being) you just started spouting out "freedom of speech".

Since you're so young I guess I'll give you a break. Word of advice though, as you grow older; if you're going to offer criticism, you should be both willing and able to explain your criticism.. .this is commonly known as clarification.

Have a nice day. Don't stay up too late."

Comment

Ahhh, 12 years old. If it weren't for stupid laws and restrictions, I could make the problems in her life exponentially worse. Seriously, you ever try shoving a telephone pole in a mouse hole?

Too far? Probably. But it rhymed, so I forgive myself.
                    Click it now.

Comment

Ah she likes the drama. If she was really concerned with you adding to the so called "problems" in her life, she would've blocked your PMs.
                      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

you may be over estimating her intelligence, end.

Comment

Read and rated one of Leah's stories. She was too sugary sweet when she sent me a PM.

"Thanks for giving me at least a 3. That was very nice of you. Are you a Christian? If you are, then pray for my family. even if you don't know me, if you ARE a Christian, we are sisters in Christ"
                          ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post
                            Read and rated one of Leah's stories. She was too sugary sweet when she sent me a PM.

"Thanks for giving me at least a 3. That was very nice of you. Are you a Christian? If you are, then pray for my family. even if you don't know me, if you ARE a Christian, we are sisters in Christ"

lol. She never even asked if I was a Christian. I feel jealous.

You should ask her what it means if you're not a Christain.

Comment

Yeah... ironically you ARE a Christian aren't you? She probably assumes you aren't because in the mind of a sheltered 12 year old girl Christians probably don't use bad language. Just wait till she starts reading my naughty stories. My my my... she's going to be real miffed.
                              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information