Clear All

• IWT6a Participation Thread

In order of submission we have...

Primal- by EndMaster

Time Crisis- by Cat2000

A Perfect Romance- by Cat2000

The Rift- Ryan

Sigma Epsilon Chi- by Usoki

Hyperlinked for your convenience. Lemme know if I need to change something.
    Last edited by Usoki; 01-20-2010, 10:24 PM.
    Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
    And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

I've decided to hold back on "War". As it stands, it's a little shorter than your story, Usoki. I could release it, but it would be better to wait.

Final answer.

I'm just glad I managed to write as much as I did this year.

Comment

Just finished reading all the stories. Everyone did really well, especially considering how terrible this year was looking to be.

You'll probably be getting my ratings sometime soon, Apoth.

Comment

I've sent in my ratings. And I liked the stories ^^

Comment

Alright, I submitted my stuff. Indeed, everyone knew how to spell.

Comment

I laughed when I saw that someone rated my contest story an 8 and Usoki's a 6. Wrote long comments about both of them too.

I think Usoki's deleted his now though.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Lol, Crunchy gave Usoki a 6? He must be getting ornery from not being able to post on the forums. Sounds like he'll probably be a fair writer, though, if he can ever join.

Just so you know, Usoki, I definitely DID NOT give you a 6.

Comment

Yeah, I felt pretty insulted. It's not finished, so why should I get deducted for it? That, and he didn't like the way I put in a parallel structure to everything. Apparently, when the protagonist makes subtly different actions, the world responds in a drastically different manner between the two.

That, and we're unable to convince the guy that he hasn't played a single game on this site- save perhaps one of End or Cat's. He has read a lot of stories on this site, yes... but he hasn't played any games. And I find his inability to revert from CYS to IS terminology VERY irritating.

And, I mean...seriously... a 6?
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

CrunchyFrog writes thusly:

Hey there Infinite Story members, I'm new. I've only just started reading the stories, but did not realise that the ones I was rating were for a competition. I don't think it is fair for a newbie who is not familiar with the ratings system and has not read enough to compare stories against each other to skew your results, so please feel free to delete any you think are inappropriate.

I remember rating End Master's story and one or two others, but Usoki, I checked yours from the link in the first post in this thread and I don't think I read that one before. However since the rating has been deleted I can't tell now, for sure, whether it was me that gave that rating or not.

I am starting to write one of my own, but I understand they don't show up until 20 rooms or so, and without being able to ask dumb n00b questions on the forums I'm struggling a bit.

So - please be kind to us newbs, we're not all spammers and arseholes, really! Some of us really do genuinely want to be a part of the community. And to avoid further embarrassment, I'm female.

Good luck in your contest and I'll try to steer clear of buggering up the ratings in your competition entries at least until I know what I'm doing.
                  Cheers!
                  CF
                  To which I reply- don't sweat it. To actually vote in the contest requires you to use an entirely different rubric, which must then be sent to one of the members for processing. Your numbers will be ignored per your wish, since we frankly can't use them anyway. What you did is perfectly fine- that's what the site ratings are there for. The works will exist out of the contest. I deleted mine since the work in question is not complete. (It also bothers me that my story was called a 'game'. It is not a game; there are no such game-like choices. CYS people drive me insane when they do this- it's how I roll.)

I am not pissed (anymore), and no one is being mean. Newbs are appreciated. I can tell that you are a newb since you are patient, polite, and inquizative. We look forward to seeing your first story when it breaks the 20 room mark, and we look forward to you joining the community.

It's n00bs that we hate. Seriously, Mega, GTFO.

Comment

Oh, and Vesnic, if you're still watching over the forums and planning to submit some last-minute ratings, I just wanted wanted to say this: I love you, please give me 10.

Comment

Trying to read the last two stories to complete my scores, but the site has temporarily lost them.
                      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

It's fine. I'm sure no one will be opposed to waiting an extra day or two for the site to come back up.

Comment

Yeah, that's fine. After all- we sent our ratings to Apoth's main site mailbox. He can't reach our completed ballots, anyway.

Comment

I think I sent mine to his forum account.

(Just in case you can't find them, Apoth.)

Comment

The site's back up, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information