No announcement yet.

I have a suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured anyone who collaborated on the story wouldn't be able to judge it and then Apoth would just do some sort of mathematic balancing trick to get it to all even out when comparing the scores to single author stories.

He said he was going to do something like that when there was some debate over xnull's "Serial Rapist" story not qualifying for the room count minimum. He ended up not needing to though since everyone eventually accepted the story and rated it.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing -- just average the ratings of the collaborators and then count it as one vote.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize you guys meant a contest story, I was thinking of more of a just-for-fun, no pressure kind of thing anybody could throw a chapter or two down on whenever the mood hit them.

...would anyone be interested in something like that?

Comment

We don't mean a contest story -- at least I don't -- that's what End was asking about.

I'm pretty sure Crunchy is just talking about a regular story, though.

Comment

Post here whenever you get it up and I'll contribute.
            Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Whoa-ho! Big Daddy Locke's gonna do some writing again! I think the last thing I read from you was a kind of "evolution" type story? It was way back in the day. All I know is that it was good.

Cool, dude! My expectations are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
                Post here whenever you get it up and I'll contribute.
                Was that directed at me? If so, consider this my post. -wink-

Hey, I got the key to your locke. And I brought some wd40 because I know how you like it.
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Cat and I are still laying out the history and general information about our city; we aren't very far in actual writing, but man... I never realized how hilarious urban fantasy would be... Especially in a modern setting. That's all I'll say for now.
                  Is that in reference to the story you were talking about in this thread? I'm just wondering what's going on with it; is it a contest piece or not, is it up, and is this you and Cat or can I do some posting on it?

Comment

I was talking about the contest story that me and Cat are entering (the one we discussed way back at the very start of the thread). It is up, but currently set to private. A lot of what we've done so far is just agree on ideas, anyway -- we're both writing out the history/city information right now.

If you're interested in helping out, I'd certainly be glad to see two become three, and I don't think Cat would mind either. Shall I send you the details?

[EDIT]

Okay, I see where the confusion is coming from. Me and Cat ARE doing an urban fantasy story -- at least now. I originally assumed she meant she wanted to do a "horror" urban fantasy, since she posted in another thread that she was thinking about entering the contest. I'm still not totally sure if that's what she initially meant... In any case, now it looks like it's just urban fantasy (although it may contain horror elements).

When everyone kept asking "is this a contest story?", I thought they were either talking to Crunchy, Mizal, or Usoki, since they all had more recent posts talking about collaboration.

Sorry.

[DOUBLE EDIT]

Wow. Now that I really look at this thread, there was a lot of confusion. Confusion of epic proportions.

Maybe I should go back to using the

"(Insert name here): ..."

method of posting. Or at least quotations more.
                    Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Okay, I thought you were doing a free-for-all, non-contest piece. Still, I am interested; I'm terrible at initiating things, so with the two of you having already started, at least I'll be writing (and getting around the SHAME in the process!). If both of you are cool with it, do send me the details; let me know if you've plans for certain paths and so forth so I don't mess them up.

Comment

Looks like the IWT will be epic this year!

(Or hilarious, if we don't end up making the 20 rooms mark!)

Comment

Working...
                        Do Not Sell My Personal Information