No announcement yet.

IWT8: Science Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 new rooms, 18 old ones. Good enough for me.
    Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Zac is saying he's having trouble even getting on the forums, I told him to contact you directly on the mainsite's PMs.
      Cool, I talked to him. He's having trouble registering due to a security question that doesn't seem to be working. I tried registering a new account and came up with the same error. So I told severenz about it. Hopefully it'll all get straightened out soon enough for him.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
        Given that he's written over 200 new rooms...
        Wait, what? And I have to read and vote on this? Good lord, if it wasn't for the risk of SHAME I just might sit this one out just for the sheer effort of participation!

Well, okay, that's not true. And if it's good, I won't even mind. But Woe betide anyone who makes me read pages and pages of crap. With, you know, less 'woe' and more 'low votes and cranky critiques'. It sounds better the other way, though.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Hooray, I'm finally in the forums. So yeah I like to enter the tournament and I'm submitting my Jedi or Sith story. Thank you EndMaster and DEP for your help.
          Last edited by zac6251; 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Ten rooms in. Woh-oh half way there.

Comment

You guys have all been pretty boring lately.

I demand to see a randomly chosen paragraph from everyone's contest entry.

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post
                You guys have all been pretty boring lately.

I demand to see a randomly chosen paragraph from everyone's contest entry.
                Very well.

“Powering down,” you lie. You are not programmed to lie.

You side step with blinding inhuman speed grabbing the barrel of the older woman’s gun and ripping it from her hands. Her eyes are wide with surprise and the look of fear on the guard's face when you swing the gun on her somehow gives you satisfaction. At least you think the sensation you are feeling is satisfaction, it's hard to be sure... Feelings are a new concept to you.

Comment

I see your request for a paragraph, and raise you a passage I'm rather fond of.

“It doesn’t say anything,” said Hridik, with a shrug. “But the signal is being transmitted in rhythmic bursts that align with Morse Code. See for yourself.”

Biff leaned over to get a better view of the screen, which automatically translated the feed into a short, repeating message: O.S.O. O.S.O. O.S.O.

“Do they even understand English? Who manages to screw up an S.O.S. call?”

“Do you know how to write in Morse Code?” asked Hridik, raising an eyebrow.

“I…point taken,” admitted Biff.
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Guess I should post mine too.

The cruiser banks sharply to the right as the new course is uploaded, leaving the empty husks of crumbling skyscrapers behind and moving into a more occupied area where mostly C-class and non-citizens huddle around trashcan fires in the narrow alleys between mildewing tenements. Meanwhile, you close your eyes and scan quickly through the files you were sent, discarding most of them as copies or incomplete versions of what you already had. A renowned scientist in the field of cybernetics and the design and building of Artificials, Dr. Zimmerman has broken contract with Beyond Robotics and attempted to go into hiding on two prior occasions, and this time he's stolen vital files on a new project as well. Apparently you're not cleared for any information on the contents of the files themselves, but keeping them from falling into the hands of the competition is listed as a close secondary objective in your orders, also Priority Red.

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    “I…point taken,” admitted Biff.[/i]
                    Does this take place before or after he gives the sports almanac to his past self?

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                    “Powering down,” you lie. You are not programmed to lie.

You side step with blinding inhuman speed grabbing the barrel of the older woman’s gun and ripping it from her hands. Her eyes are wide with surprise and the look of fear on the guard's face when you swing the gun on her somehow gives you satisfaction. At least you think the sensation you are feeling is satisfaction, it's hard to be sure... Feelings are a new concept to you.
                    Did...did you just steal my plot?

Comment

Did...did you just steal my plot?
                      Only if you're writing about a renegede sex robot.

Comment

Personally I like the fact that Sev didn't "clean up" the contest rules layout at all in the official link, leaving in IS's running joke reference about child sex robots.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                          Personally I like the fact that Sev didn't "clean up" the contest rules layout at all in the official link, leaving in IS's running joke reference about child sex robots.
                          Yeah, well, you gotta love the child sex robots. That one will never die even if the original target of the joke did... did he? Please say he did.
                          Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Does this take place before or after he gives the sports almanac to his past self?
                            His full name is Biff Branaugh. He's a Space Captain. His name is meant to be closely related to both Spaceman Spiff and Zapp Brannigan. With all of the competency and intelligence that these characters possess. I've never actually seen any of the Back to the Future movies all the way through, although I think by now I've seen parts of all of them. Mostly just the first one.

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                            Only if you're writing about a renegede sex robot.
                            This is going to be such a weirdly varied contest.

Originally posted by Dragavan View Post
                            Yeah, well, you gotta love the child sex robots. That one will never die even if the original target of the joke did... did he? Please say he did.
                            Oh, drums. Fucking drums. EndMaster vs MRH is such and epic showdown. Me vs drums is just... sad. Like him. The fucker.
                            Last edited by Usoki; 11-02-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that there's a very low chance of me winning. Oh right, cause I'm facing against the top writers in the site, oh well, might as well give it a try.

Comment

Aww don't worry zac, most of us probably won't finish in time anyway.

Of course by 'us' I mean 'everyone else', because guess who just hit the 20 page mark. That's right, me!

...40 to go till the branch is finished.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information