No announcement yet.

IWT8: Science Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You scared me for a second there, End. I thought you were saying shit was due today.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by End Master View Post
      Anyway with Apoth and Ryan both missing or dead, Usoki's in charge of ratings this year.
      I love how End is so blasé about his horrible murder habit. Usoki, it might not be a coincidence that both of them did the ratings just before they disappeared.

Just saying.

EDIT: Has it been a year already? Unbelievable.
      Last edited by Locke; 01-05-2012, 11:59 PM.
      Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Wasn't I in charge of them already? So... yeah, that's fine by me. Four categories plus the asterisk for a smooth 50 points possible.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• Hiya!
          Um, I'd like to submit my Catharsis of Cthulhu story!
          It's right here, yo.
          I just finished it tonight, go me! : D

Comment

• I already had you confirmed when you first posted and checked to see if your story fulfilled our ever flexible rule requirements. You're all set.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• I am all for people having to confirm their entries by posting in a thread, instead of us just taking their completed stories and putting them in the contest. There are several newbies who have fallen off of the face of the planet, and I really don't want to have to deal with reading their stuff if they're not even here to vote in the contest. Since you (obviously) can't vote on your own story, it really fubars things if one of the authors doesn't vote. I can work around the awkward not-all-stories-have-the-same-number-of-votes thing, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.
              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

• So, the bad news is that my computer has crapped out on me, taking all of my files with it. They're safe, but I'm not going to be getting them back anytime soon. The good news is that I was getting bored with that story, and I'm already enjoying my new one a lot more. Despite the lack of characters named Biff, it's coming along quite nicely. Knock on wood, but I might actually be submitting a complete story this year. What are the odds?

Speaking of unrelated tangents... how do we want to do the themes? Technically, any story that doesn't have three or more of the themes should be disqualified. Does that mean each judge should decide if three of the elements are there, and then tank the vote if they decide it doesn't meet that requirement? Or should we make everyone list all of the themes they used when submitting the story to be judged, so that we can dispense SHAME without anyone having to read a failed story?

Comment

• Ideally I'd hope everyone would list their themes.

But if we've got a few people who don't, then just rank low if you're not seeing three themes. If that means you want to give them a big fat zero for the story in every category then go for it.

EDIT: These three are fine from a quick glance.

BatCountry (The Galactic Adventures of Pierce Darkblade)

I've found the following themes in this one, Galactic Hero, Exploration, Space Warfare, Stranded and a few others.

KazeYami (Catharsis of Cthulhu)

Ancient Evil Space Horror, Non Human Protagonist, Exploration, and a few others are in this one.

Zac6251 (Jedi or Sith)

Given that it's Star Wars, it covers quite a few, but Space Warfare, Psionic Powers and Galactic Hero are obviously there.
                  Last edited by End Master; 01-10-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Oops! I'm smart in the head.
                    I couldn't remember if I had posted when I started or if I decided to wait and see if I could finish it on time.
                    Thanks for taking my entry! X0

Comment

• All right, so this is the link:

http://www.infinite-story.com/story/?id=5850

Now, the three main themes are (I think)

-Cloning
                      -Non-human protagonist
                      -Stranded

There are one or two others, but I think these are the main.

Comment

• Okay added Cat's story to the finished list on the first page. Heh, 145 rooms and Cat said she was no where near finished! Got some large entries this year.

I've also added that all the currently submitted stories have satisfied the theme qualifications.

At this point I believe DEP, Usoki and Mizal will show up with something in time. The rest are probably bound for SHAMEVILLE. Still even with just those 3, we will have at least 7 contestants participate which is the biggest number we've had so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by End Master View Post
                          Got some large entries this year.
                          I heard your mom saying something like that the other day.

I'm working on my story like there's no tomorrow (got a few filler rooms I'm hoping to expand upon and hopefully I'll have more than 20 rooms rather than just 20 rooms). I can't seem to come up with a satisfactory title though. Andrew028-B is scrapped. Glitch is the current title, but... Meh. I dont know. Maybe I'll call do one of those trendy 'nods' to pop culture and call it 'Sex Machine' or something.

Who knows?

One thing that I do know is this: If you are under 18 years of age you should not read my story. I'm not even sure if you'd be allowed to read it. You'll probably get grounded forever. So don't do it. Just give me the maximum score in every category instead. That should just about balance things.
                          Last edited by donteatpoop; 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Alright, I'm officially submitting Coitus Machina. must be 18 to view

I'll still be messing with it until the 16th, but there it is.

Is the 16th the last day I can make changes, or is it the first day that I can't make changes?
                            Last edited by donteatpoop; 01-13-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                              Is the 16th the last day I can make changes, or is it the first day that I can't make changes?
                              Traditionally, entries/changes are accepted through 11:59 on the day listed as the deadline (the 16th).
                              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Yeah what Locke said. You basically have up to midnight on the due date, its always been that way since the first contest.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information