No announcement yet.

IWT8: Science Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. I probably ask that question every year too.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

• Today is the last day to submit your story, so submit soon or face SHAME.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• Victory is mine. Even without the rampant amount of fourth-wall breaking rooms and variable-tracking clone rooms, I've got 22 rooms of solid, undeniable content.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to include rampant amounts of fourth-wall breaking rooms and variable-tracking clone rooms to my story. And give it a title. Man, what is it about a work's title that is so damn hard?
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

• And 27 rooms later, it is complete. I'm calling it Reality Shift, because I cannot for the life of me think of a better title. Oh well. 49 rooms of... let's pretend it's 49 rooms of brilliance.

The themes I used are Non-human Protagonist, Virtual Reality, and Human Enhancement, with some Utopian and Distopian elements thrown in.
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

• Titles are like pretty covers. The prettier and gaudier, the more they're usually covering for a distinct lack of something underneath. Don't sweat titles. And I see you haven't sweat your title, so yay.

You're still breaking fourth walls? Wasn't that your big thing with Teatime? Are you not developing as a writer, Usoki? Are your ideas getting shticky? Will I be bitterly disappointed by your finished product?

I have high expectations for this contest, since the theme was right up Dork Alley, where most of you have permanent residences. I expect to be wowed, awed, stunned and bewitched. Anything short of total enthrallment will have undesirable consequences.
            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

• Okay added Usoki's entry. Hopefully Mizal (Or any of the others really) will come in with a last minute contribution, it would be cool to break that 6 participant barrier this year.

Comment

• Yeah, but I haven't really done much with wall-breaking since Teatime. And that was almost six years ago. I'm pretty sure I'm due for another one. And since the rooms in question only appear if you try and do something dumb, I think it adds to the story in a much different way. There's also a secret ending, which I think is nifty.

If you have high expectations, that means you should write really in-depth critiques. I expect to see paragraphs, Ves. Paragraphs.

Comment

• What's wrong with breaking the 4th wall in a humor based story?

Comment

• I'm sad to say it, but consider me SHAMEfaced. Lapses of laziness and not knowing where I wanted things to go, not to mention trying out a few different ideas, all added up to me having nothing with enough rooms or that I'd like to share for the contest.

I'm pretty bummed out I couldn't deliver with a year to do it (which is mind-bending), but I'll try to get something up in the coming months so I'm at least more than a lurker. So far, only Mizal and DEP have seen any writing out of me, I think.

Comment

• I'm swooping down in the final moments to submit another story! That makes 7 contest stories!

My story is called "The Machinist Child". Some of the themes in the story include: Cybernetic Revolt, Giant Battle Mechs, Human Enhancement and Stranded.

I wasn't able to do as much as I desired due to life getting in the way, but I think it will be a decent addition to the contest. I warn everyone who reads it, that right now the story is a very traditional CYOA, in that there is one linear story path with "death rooms" peppered throughout. There are branches, but not fleshed out at all to this point.

If the story is well received by the, i'm sure, tough critics of the forums then I will continue the story to its conclusion and finish the branching paths.

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.infinite-story.com/story/?id=14693

Comment

• Okay added your other story in the ratings thread.

Less than a half hour left! Mizal better submit soon!

Comment

• Here is my story that technically meets all the requirements.Following the Walking Call.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA kill me

I'm going to go cry into a tub of icecream now.

PS I hate you all

e: Is tweaking the formatting allowed after the deadline?

PPS so much hate
                          Last edited by mizal; 01-16-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Nevermind I did it anyway!

(seriously why does it do that, stupid story was already bad enough without the site butchering it further....)

Comment

• Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                              If you have high expectations, that means you should write really in-depth critiques. I expect to see paragraphs, Ves. Paragraphs.
                              But of course. Doesn't old Ves always deliver the feedback? I'm famous for it.

Anyway, good job, guys, though of course I'm not sure yet if you did in fact do a good job or not. If you didn't, I'll be sure to tell you so in painstaking detail, per Usoki's request.
                              My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information