A trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trilogy

I plan to make my story Jedi or Sith a trilogy like the movies. I already know how to set them up, the problem is the stories are enormous. The only help I have is my little brother, although he ain't co-writing it, just giving me ideas. Any help would be nice.

Someone will chime in soon about the sad fact that no one on this site ever volunteers for this, so I'll leave the details about that to them.

Instead, I'll offer you my advice. Even if you get a volunteer, don't take them. They almost always fuck up whatever plot you've been trying to build, and even when they don't they tend to open up new storylines than you already had, and leaving you with more work than you started.

I've only had a few instances where the people who pitched in on my story actually helped advance the plot.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Yeah, what Poop said.

However, since you've put it out here, I'll RSVP and say that, unfortunately, Star Wars just isn't my thing and so I probably wouldn't be much use as a co-author in an area where my knowledge is extremely limited. Of course I flocked to the cinema in the late 90's when they re-released Episodes IV through VI on the big screen. I've had the requisite adolescent wet dreams about Chewbacca, but that's really about it.

Another pointer for doing collabs: it helps to have specific people in mind whose help you'd like, and to ask them directly for their assistance. Build up a rapport with someone who has similar writing interests and take it from there.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Well I barely know anybody in this website. Like I said the only one who knows what to write in my story is my little brother, however he is all focused on his one story, something to do with the renaissance.

Comment

Just so you guys know, I am not a Star Wars geek that likes to go anywhere in costume. Just a fan that likes the movies. Most knowledge I get about Star Wars are from a website called Wookieepedia.

Comment

Oh, ok. And here I was all set to call PETA to report that wookiee costume of yours made entirely of chipmunk tails.

Comment

OK now that is just fucked up. I said I wasn't a Star Wars geek. I don't like people insulting or even teasing me. I take things seriously.
              Last edited by zac6251; 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zac6251 View Post
                OK now that is just fucked up. ...I don't like people insulting or even teasing me.
                Dear Zac,

Have you looked around at the rest of this forum? I cannot help but suspect that you have not. If you had, you might have noticed that we are all fucked up in some way or another, and we all enjoy a little friendly ribbing. (Like on the condom I used to bang your mom last night. See? Friendly ribbing. It's funny.) If you are so easily insulted by horrific descriptions of disturbing things, this may not be the forum for you.

I recommend that you read this thread to decide whether or not you can handle this place. Mind you, I'm not trying to scare you away from this site... that's really more of Chubby's thing. I'm just saying that, if your ears burn with an unholy fire whenever one of us starts talking about child sex robots, maybe you should stick to the main website. I promise that everyone is much more civil when you approach them from there. The forums are a pit of debauchery, but the main site is relatively clean.

Have fun writing your story. But if you can't handle the flames, stay out of the forums.
                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I have seen the rest of this forum. I don't care what people say, but I do get angry a lot when someone says something bad at me. If I knew them in real life I kick their asses. Did that before.

Comment

Hello Zac,

Welcome to Infinite Story.

There's something familiar about your writing style, any chance you ever wrote under the name Megaman? Megaman used to get angry about things even though he swore he didn't "care" and he used to offer to bring his fights out into the real world.

Best of luck with your Star Wars trilogy, I look forward to following your progress.

~Katie
                    ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Please relax. I didn't say or do anything bad to you. In fact, I was pretty darn nice about offering you a suggestion or two about how collaborations on this site work and even responded directly to your original query. I humbled myself by saying that I am essentially a Star Wars dunce, that I am a poor dizzy dame so lacking in knowledge about so very many things.

The social arts known as repartee and banter are based upon the content of a conversation. One builds upon what has just been said to further the idea in a new, unexpected, or humorous direction. Since I don't know you and have never seen you, and everyone knows this, it is absurd to deduce that I am referring to your real-life wookiee costume constructed of chipmunk tails. Therefore, said comment must constitute a playful aside meant to lightly flavor the dialogue with just a hint of parsley and vanilla.

No harm, no foul.

Please don't beat me up! I am very afraid and, as stated before, I am but a poor weak woman with a delicate spine who cannot withstand the bumps and blows and spiny elbows of so strapping a specimen of masculinity as yourself.
                      Last edited by Vesnic; 11-23-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Wow I guess Zac really does want to "Hit that!"
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post
                          Hello Zac,

Welcome to Infinite Story.

There's something familiar about your writing style, any chance you ever wrote under the name Megaman? Megaman used to get angry about things even though he swore he didn't "care" and he used to offer to bring his fights out into the real world.

Best of luck with your Star Wars trilogy, I look forward to following your progress.

~Katie
                          No I never was Megaman, and thanks with the luck.

Comment

One more thing, if anybody read my story I included myself in it. I am a powerful Sith student with a dark path ahead of me. My little brother also stars in it, although I don't like that, but he does help out so I have to. Somebody try to guess which of the characters he is.

Comment

The only people I've ever seen get offended by being accused of creating a wookie costume from squirrel furs are people who have actually skinned squirrels to make a wookie costume.
                              The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information