No announcement yet.

IWT 9 - Character Grab-Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to enter your goddamn contest, so don't fuck it up w/ your assmongering. IS that clear enough for you?

just stop being a pussy, thats all I'm saying

Comment

So Threadkiller...er I mean George W. Bush just officially entered. I guess he gets SHAMED if he doesn't turn something in.

Is this thing still on?
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

In theory? Yes. I, at least, will be able to submit something following all of the initial guidelines, but I would be all for adjusting the contest if need be. The contestant list was a bit small even before the site started to slump. ...I just haven't heard from anyone other than ol' Georgie.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

If we don't have enough entries do you guys want me to enter my Redwall fic from fifteen years ago? Because I can totally do that. It's about foxes and it's all dark and gritty and...epic? Do kids still say epic?

edit: I also found an original sci-fi story about an alien civilization on an a newly discovered world. The aliens are also foxes. I don't know what that says about teenage me.
          Last edited by mizal; 12-13-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Predisposition to furrydom?

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
              Predisposition to furrydom?
              YOU TAKE THAT BACK

(seriously though, some of my first experiences with the internet were hanging out at a Lion King discussion forum, looking back I've often thought I might have narrowly dodged a bullet on that one)

Comment

Just noticed Sansevieria on the participant list. Did he PM or something?

I remember liking his stuff when I first found the site, but I thought he was long gone. The only bits I remember concern a bag of "enlightenment powder," a marijuana field, and sentient plants. I think there were zombies somewhere in there.

Anyway, I don't plan to enter, but I am curious. Is the date still set for December 31st?
                Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Sansevieria did send me a message over the regular site mail. Although, he sent it mid-November, I didn't reply until early December, and I haven't heard back, so... who knows?

The date, in theory, is December 31st. I wouldn't be opposed to granting an extention, or a slight slacking of the rules... but no one who's actually participating seems to be posting. I don't even know who's actually planning to submit something.
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Sorry man but the theme is just boring this year. (It's 2012, clearly it should have been Choose Your Own Apocalypse.)

I should try to whip something up to erase the last couple years of SHAME but meh, bad timing for it. Seriously, there'd probably be better results every year if the deadline was in June...

Comment

I've been so busy lately I haven't really been able to work much on my submission. This whole around the holidays thing seems like a bad time to have a deadline for a contest. If everyone who is still in this is game, I suggest we move the deadline from the 31st to....January 14th? Holidays are all done and anyone who is a little behind with their story (myself) can have some more time to churn out something decent.

Of course Usoki is running the show so it's his call. I think that if the contest does end on the 31st, no one is going to be submitting anything. Also, I don't think the requirements for the story itself have to be changed. I like the idea.

Comment

Done. I've been contemplating this myself, honestly. Usually the week after Christmas is prime writing time for me, but this year it's being taken up by random people visiting from out of state.

Contest extended to January 14th. We'll go from there. I'd really like to have at least three pieces in the contest.

Comment

Okay, the extension means I get a weekend off between now and the deadline. Hmm. (It's not really a boring theme, I just find it difficult/awkward structuring a story around other people's characters...which makes absolutely no sense I know considering I recently admitted to writing tons of fanfic in my 'idiot teenager' phase... )

If only I had been around when we were submitting characters, I could have just sent mine in an wrote about them and problem solved.

I've actually got a plot in mind using several of the characters, but if I'm realistic my goal should be the 20 page minimum just so there's another entry rather than an actual complete story, in which case it's going to be hard introducing them all without it seeming shoehorned in.

All of this is completely off the record of course, no way I'm getting heaped with yet more SHAME this year when I inevitably get distracted by a shiny thing and wander off right before the deadline.

Comment

Okay so I just wrote an outline that fully incorporates eleven of the characters. It's a thing of pure beauty that brings tears to the eyes to read. It truly is the most amazing story that will never be written. (because I have the attention span of a gnat.)

edit: make that twelve, I forgot about Damon.
                            Last edited by mizal; 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I figured the deadline would be extended to the middle of January anyway, that's pretty much been standard procedure for the last three or four contests.

Mizal, as far as I know you erased all your SHAME last contest by submitting something. Usoki did however heap SCORN upon you because you didn't participate in the rating submissions though.

Not sure how you get rid of that, but since Usoki's in charge I guess he'll let you know.

Comment

Well that's very nice of you Endmaster (you must not be the real Endmaster) but that...thing I threw up at the last second last time didn't really qualify for a legit entry and so as far as I'm concerned I now labor under a double helping of SHAME. (with a bit of SCORN tossed in for good measure.)

I might see if I can do something about that this weekend but no promises, triple SHAME and I would probably have to commit hari kari with a blunt keyboard to undo it.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information