No announcement yet.

hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got two of those "Big Book of Grimm" tales. One is a regular book, and the other put all of the tales in a comic book format by various artists.

Never figured out what the lesson was in Allerleirauh though. Not that every story needs one of course, but usually in those tales, there is some sort of point to the story or metaphor, even the gruesome one usually have a somewhat happy ending or the wicked are punished or something.

In Allerleirauh there's basically this king and he wants to marry his daughter because his wife died and she looks a lot like her. She tries to delay the marriage, trick him and eventually has to escape, but for some reason she returns to the castle and tries to disguise herself as a kitchen worker. Later she starts putting the gifts he gave her before she escaped into his food, and the king starts getting suspicious and she starts attending these dance balls with a mask on and actually dances with her father.

Ultimately he finds out that this serving kitchen girl is his daughter (She didn't exactly make it hard for him) and he marries her.

And they live happily ever after?

Apparently a variant of the story has an even sicker twist, his daughter dies in child birth like the original wife did, and it implies that the king with eventually marry his grand daughter when she grows up as well.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Maybe the lesson is "Make Daddy work for it"?

Comment

Lol.

Personally, I always liked the tale "Hans, My Hedgehog", though sometimes you hear sanitized versions of that one as well.
        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
          Lol.

Personally, I always liked the tale "Hans, My Hedgehog", though sometimes you hear sanitized versions of that one as well.
          Wow, I'd never even heard of that one. It was certainly...different.

(Actually I am completely unfazed, I've been on the Internet for years and modern furries write shit way creepier than that all the time.)

Comment

Working...
          Do Not Sell My Personal Information