No announcement yet.

Movies (recently seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First movie I remember seeing at the theater was Empire Strikes Back in 1980. I was 4 years old. This all took place in downtown Detroit before the ongoing urban decay completely gutted most of it and there were actually large department stores and theaters still there.

The movie wasn't on the agenda that day either. I was supposed to go see one of those Sesame Street Live things since I kept harassing my parents about it and they finally gave in despite the fact that they didn't really want to take me. (My dad hilariously hated Big Bird for some reason)

Anyway we got there and the line was long and the place was packed. I think we stood in line (which was more like a large mob rather than a proper line) for a total of five minutes before my parents conspired with each other and told me we were going to see Empire Strikes Back instead.

Surprisingly I didn't get upset about this and just said okay. Not sure why because I do remember being fairly gung-ho about wanting to see Sesame Street Live and I wasn't really into the whole Star Wars thing at the time.

Guess my parents did the Jedi Mindtrick on me.

Anyway, we went to the theater which wasn't that far away from the place that was hosting the Sesame Street Live thing. It was just as packed there as well, but my parents were a little more willing to put up with the crowds in this case.

Of course after I saw it, I would go on to harass my parents about getting Star Wars related toys. Lol.

Funny you should mention Chariots of Fire though since it semi relates to the second theater experience which was more in the "artsy" realm. No, it wasn't actually Chariots of Fire, it was Quest for Fire (1981) and I kept getting their titles confused at the time. (Still probably the most accurate and best portrayal of prehistoric life)

That experience took place in a much nicer and quieter theater (Obviously not in Detroit) with a lot less people.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

• This one is for the furries. Just stick it out and you'll get to see a naked woman covered in patches of bear fur.

(CC brings up English subs.)
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
      Do Not Sell My Personal Information