Holy Shit MJ is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Shit MJ is Dead

Let us forget the awkward past decade of his life and remember him not as the human nose-job, but as the great artist who brought us timeless classics such as Thriller and Smooth Criminal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WjOn...eature=channel
    Click it now.

Wow, I didn't know that. I just knew Farrah Fawcett died.

With those 2 and David Carradine, the usual "Trio of Celebrity Deaths" is complete.

EDIT: Oh wait, Ed McMahon died too, that means 2 more celebrity deaths need to occur in the near future.
    Last edited by End Master; 06-25-2009, 12:39 PM.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I don't think we've seen the last of celebrity deaths. I wonder who else is on their way to the celestial realm. Any ideas?

Apparently there is a website about celebrity deaths predicted to occur in 2009.

SNAP! The Wikipedia Article on Michael Jackson crashed!
      Last edited by Hi! My name is: Katie; 06-25-2009, 01:25 PM.
      ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

R.I.P., Michael.

Everyone gave you a hard time, half of it was deserved.

Still, it seems...tragic?

Rest in Peace, Michael.

NOW who's gonna give the kiddies choo choo train rides?

Comment

I was just about to post about the same thing!

It is indeed sad that Michael Jackson died. Perhaps the biggest celebrity death since Elvis Pressley's death in 1977.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson August 29, 1958- June 25, 2009

We love ya MJ!
          "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

Originally posted by Megamantn View Post
            It is indeed sad that Michael Jackson died. Perhaps the biggest celebrity death since Elvis Pressley's death in 1977.
            Seriously? Cripes. You are such a Mega.
            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I don't know how to say this... but I kind of agree with Megaman. Michael Jackson is the biggest name in music to die a shocking death since Elvis

... I mean, if Elvis IS in fact dead.
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Elvis didn't die he just went back home.

I'm sort of surprised that a lot of people haven't claimed to see 2Pac in 7-11s everywhere though.

Comment

If you say so. I personally can't stand Elvis's music. MJ's either, come to think of it...
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    If you say so. I personally can't stand Elvis's music. MJ's either, come to think of it...
                    Even Thriller?

C'mon, Usoki. Everyone loved thriller.

Comment

I dunno, there's been more than a few musicians that died and a bunch of people got pretty upset over.

John Lennon comes to mind, never liked him though.

Richie Valens & Buddy Holly dying together was pretty big news I'd imagine back in the day. (Okay, we'll include the Big Bopper too)

EDIT: Anyway everything after his "Bad" album pretty much sucked and by that point he just was a traveling side show freak that fondled the little boys.
                      Last edited by End Master; 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I agree John Lennon dying was probably pretty huge. Bigger than Michael Jackson's? I'm not sure. The next few days will spell it out for us. If there are conspiracy theories that pop up about his death then we'll know for sure that his death was epic. If not it will fade into obscurity and just his music will live on.

Richie Valens on the other hand can't be included because he died before Elvis.

There have been other interesting deaths since Elvis- Notorious B.I.G. and TuPac come to mind. Possibly Kurt Cobain- he definitely made headlines. The thing is none of them had careers that eclipsed Michael Jackson's.

I don't love Elvis or Michael's music personally, but they are both pretty legendary.
                        Last edited by Hi! My name is: Katie; 06-25-2009, 05:12 PM.
                        ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I forgot all about Kurt. Though I never liked him or Nirvana. He sort of killed himself at the right time, to ensure "immortality". Unfortunately he didn't take Courtney Love with him.

Biggie Smalls and 2Pac were major news due to the whole east coast/west coast thing. Never liked Biggie and didn't see why he was considered that good of a rapper (though he's a lot better than some of these newer idiots)

Never cared much for 2Pac's music excessively either, though I liked him in most of the movies he played in.

Comment

The big thing is that MJ didn't die in his prime. He hadn't produced anything decent in many, many years. If he had died right after Thriller or something like that, then the reaction would probably be tenfold.

I'm not trying to take away from it, it's very sad... but I feel like the MJ we loved has been dead for a long time. In a sense, the MJ society liked is still as alive today as he was yesterday through his music.

Or something like that.
                            Click it now.

Comment

Since I now feel that I have a much more well-informed opinion on the subject, I'd like to take a moment to reply to an earlier thread:

I don't Michael Jackson's going to make a comeback.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information