No announcement yet.

Holy Shit MJ is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might not make a come back precisely. But I would bet money that his album sales get another giant boost in the next few weeks.
    ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Shit, bein' dead ain't gonna stop him...

Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Good points.

That picture is really scary. No matter which angle you view it from, Michael is staring you right in the eyes.

[EDIT]

This one's pretty freaky, too:

It reminds me of this one horror film that used to scare me (might have been Tales From The Hood); there was this painting of a grandmother in a rocking chair with all her children that hung in this one guy's house and, one-by-one, the children starting coming out the painting and turning into little bloodthirsty dolls. They looked like this picture.
        Last edited by Ryan_DuBois; 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah I saw Tales From the Hood, I was a little disappointed that it came off more as a civil rights morality tale rather than a proper ghetto based horror movie. (The voodoo doll one was the best story though)

But, I think the real life Michael Jackson was scarier looking than he ever looked in Thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
            The big thing is that MJ didn't die in his prime.
            First point... same can be said of Elvis... the Elvis that died was Big Bloated Vegas Elvis... not Elvis in his prime.

Secondly... I disagree about his later stuff being crap. There were a number of good songs on both HIStory disk 2 and Blood on the Dance Floor. There was also talk of him working on a new record to come back into pop-star status... wonder if any of those tracks actually got recorded.

Also, I'm annoyed at all the fickle fans out there, especially in the media. People who denounced his music because of the allegations against him. The music and his skill at making and performing it didn't change because he may or may not have fondled children. Just a few months ago I was chastised for listening to tracks from Off The Wall and Thriller because they saw it as supporting child molesting. I was annoyed... especially now that everyone is all lovey-dovey about his music again.

Finally... who says he is dead? This could all be go get out from under the allegations. heh... for all we know an amazing white performer named Jack Michaelson will show up on the scene next year and blow us all away.
            Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Originally posted by Dragavan View Post
              First point... same can be said of Elvis... the Elvis that died was Big Bloated Vegas Elvis... not Elvis in his prime.
              Funny, I had the same thought.

End and Yazz- those pictures were funny.

I don't care what anyone else says about MJ. He was and will always be a Smooth Criminal and I mean that in a good way.

It is hard to believe he is dead. Just seems wrong somehow.
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Michael didn't molest little boys, in my...opinion.

He just didn't. He was a bit disturbed, a bit eccentric, yes. But I believe in my heart of hearts he didn't molest little boys.

But then again, maybe he did. I always felt he had a good heart, though. He was a pop icon, and his Thriller video was a part of my childhood. I must have been VERY young at the time, but I remember it. I must have been around 4-5 when I watched it with my grandpa. It was scary and exciting. I LOVED it. My mom ended up bitching my grandpa out for letting me watch it. My grandpa and I just sorta chuckled. GOD, that's almost one of my earliest memories.

I really do feel sad for his passing. Which is odd, given that thousands die everyday. It's the power of pop-culture, I suppose. And don't forget Farah. She was a bit too old for my generation. I admire the way she fought against her cancer, though.

Again, rest in peace, Michael.
                Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Don't forget farah whose death was the biggest news of the day before Michael died.

Sad week in entertainment indeed. McMahon, Fawcet, Jackson & I wouldn't be surprised if ANOTHER celebrity dies this week.
                  "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

I don't think Jackson molested kids, either. It's possible, but I just don't think he did it.

He was irresponsible with his own children, though (dangling that one baby over the balcony was nuts). Still, I liked him okay. I always felt like he at least had good intentions.

Comment

I have always said I don't know if he did or not... I could see both sides being possible... He was a mess and freak in his personal life, but none of that has anything to do with the quality of his music and performance. I have never turned on his music. He was amazing.

Kind of the same way I feel about Prince... He is a scary little freak with incredible levels of egocentric attitudes, but none of that detracts from his amazing skill with music and performance.

I would never want to be stuck in a room for long with either of them... or allow any kids I was in charge to hang out with either of them for that matter... but I would always buy their new albums when I can. Art is art and the person is the person... they are not the same and should not be judged together.
                      Dragavan: Dragavan Games - Lootin' Wizards - The Land of Karn - Central U (adult) - Dragavan's Adult Stories

Comment

Originally posted by Dragavan View Post

Secondly... I disagree about his later stuff being crap. There were a number of good songs on both HIStory disk 2 and Blood on the Dance Floor. There was also talk of him working on a new record to come back into pop-star status... wonder if any of those tracks actually got recorded.

Also, I'm annoyed at all the fickle fans out there, especially in the media. People who denounced his music because of the allegations against him. The music and his skill at making and performing it didn't change because he may or may not have fondled children. Just a few months ago I was chastised for listening to tracks from Off The Wall and Thriller because they saw it as supporting child molesting. I was annoyed... especially now that everyone is all lovey-dovey about his music again.

Finally... who says he is dead? This could all be go get out from under the allegations. heh... for all we know an amazing white performer named Jack Michaelson will show up on the scene next year and blow us all away.
                        Good point about Elvis. I was more thinking about John Lennon when I made that comment, though I'm not terribly familiar with his circumstances, was he still really big when he was murdered?

And I guess I shouldn't have said he hadn't produced anything decent, I just meant overall I much preferred his earlier stuff.

As for the whole child molestation thing, I think its terrible how he was treated by the media. The guy sacrificed a childhood and a normal life (unwilingly) to become the pop sensation that he is, and I think he really just had several misguided attempts to reclaim some of that lost childhood. And even if he did touch a few kids (which I really don't think he did), they got carnival rides, petting zoo's, and cotton candy out of the deal, and we got some amazing music. It was a Utilitarian arrangement to say the least.
                        Click it now.

Comment

Now the next thing those tabloids will do is replace those elvis stories with MJ stories of him being spotted somewhere.

I don't think they'll be finished with MJ even after his death.
                          "Let me tell you something. If you're a real conservative, if you're a real patriot, if you're a real American patriot, DON'T VOTE FOR SARAH PALIN! SHE'S A DUMMY"

Comment

So do you think they'll bury him, cremate him, or recycle him?
                            The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by apotheosis View Post
                              Good point about Elvis. I was more thinking about John Lennon when I made that comment, though I'm not terribly familiar with his circumstances, was he still really big when he was murdered?
                              John probably wasn't quite as popular as he once was when he died mainly due times changing, but he was still in the spotlight. I'd be willing to bet that had he lived he probably would've waxed and waned depending on the social climate but never really disappearing.

Sort of surprised of all the people who doubt Michael was a pedo. I always thought he had those tendencies all the way back when he was hanging out with Webster a lot during his "normal period".

Like Drag said though, still doesn't change his talent. A lot of people have a hard time separating the "artist" from the "art". It's like people who won't read certain old writers because their views were considered "racist". (Lovecraft comes to mind) or won't watch a Roman Polanski movie because he had sex with an underage girl and fled the country.

EDIT: Well if they do recycle him it would be fitting to make him into a Pepsi bottle.
                              Last edited by End Master; 06-26-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                                Wow, I didn't know that. I just knew Farrah Fawcett died. With those 2 and David Carradine, the usual "Trio of Celebrity Deaths" is complete. Oh wait, Ed McMahon died too, that means 2 more celebrity deaths need to occur in the near future.
                                Here you go.
                                Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                                Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                                And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information