Best Christmas Wishes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by End Master View Post
    If Drag was still around I’m sure he’d probably know more about this stuff.
    Drag? You mean the guy who never acknowledged my existence except once? Unlikely. I did see dreamshell on here earlier, but dream probably just hates me too.

Originally posted by End Master View Post
    Well anyway, not sure how helpful I’ll be with my limited knowledge on the subject.
    Well, you put in the effort, so thank you. I need a tablet primarily for professional purposes, but it needs to be fast and versatile and able to multitask. Basically the computerized complement to me: everything I'm not.

Edit: anyone else who wants to throw in their two cents, it would still be appreciated.
    Last edited by Vesnic; 11-19-2015, 02:45 PM. Reason: Life is always being edited to make ourselves look better or just wronger.
    My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesnic View Post
      Ho ho fucking ho in advance. I've been told I may no longer live in the early 21st century and must now repent for my sin of self-determination by purchasing a tablet for use in my daily life. Seeing as it will soon be the holidays, I thought this would be a great expense to foist off on my family.

So guys, what kind do I ask Santa for? iPad or android? Fluffy or feathery? Moogomatic Banalia or Flashintine Ultra? Please help me.

And while you're at it, untie me from these train tracks. Thanks so much.

So I read an article recently that said nearly half of all U.S. adults own a tablet in some capacity. I don't have the link to it, but you can trust me. Just...Just trust me on it. Still, quite an amazing statistic. Frankly, I'm surprised it didn't just say nearly all Americans have tablets in general. I've seen more five year olds with the dang things than people my age!

Basically Ves, a tablet is just a great big smart phone. Do you own a smart phone? Is it an iPhone or an Android? Do you like your phone? I usually say if you like your iPhone than go with an iPad, and if you like your Android smart phone, get an Android tablet.

Apple products in general tend to be more user friendly and less prone to icky viruses, so if you consider yourself less tech savvy, I'd go with the iPad. The caveat is that they are usually much more expensive because Apple are the overlords of the modern era.

Personally, I prefer Android. You have more options available to you and can play around with things a bit more. I also prefer their interface, but that's just me. You can also be a super hacker and do silly stuff, like be a pirate. Tougher to do that sort of stuff on an Apple. I'm not sure how scurvy a sea dog you truly are though.

So there is my two cents. Good luck, and either way you should be happy with whichever one you decide to go with. MAKE SURE TO BUY A CASE PROTECTOR THINGY! These suckers can break easy.

Comment

Originally posted by BatCountry View Post
        I've seen more five year olds with the dang things than people my age!
        That's frightening. I don't really want to be sharing a workplace, living space or planet with this freakish new generation of God-knows-whats that seem to have had all their human synapses short circuited.

Thank you very much for your input, Bat. I really appreciate it.

I have never owned a smartphone. I see them as just being duplicates or triplicates of things I already have. However, I'm handy enough with them, as all my friends and family have them. Every one to a man prefers Android. One of them has a particularly fond hatred for Apple and often says that "they would turn their own farts into proprietary software, if only they could".

I also prefer their interface, but that's just me. You can also be a super hacker and do silly stuff, like be a pirate ... I'm not sure how scurvy a sea dog you truly are though.
        Yar, I be the scurviest of seadogs! In my senior year, we decided our dormitory was in fact a pirate ship, since it had been bequeathed to the college through a donation by a wealthy whaling captain and we had stained glass windows of great white whales all over our lounge. Each year, all the dorms requested some kind of special gift from the college and, depending on the number that came up in a college-wide lottery, they'd either get the big prize or the little prize they had asked for. We won big in the lottery, but to everyone's shock and amazement, rather than hogging the predictable big-screen TV, all we wanted was a great big Jolly Roger to hoist high above the fair ship Beebe. And so we did, me laddy! I still have the moth-eaten shirt: A Pirate's Life For Me!

MAKE SURE TO BUY A CASE PROTECTOR THINGY! These suckers can break easy.
        True 'dat. As if built-in obsolescence wasn't already a big enough problem. I'll be sure to get a case made out of surgical steel.

In Europe, I get around just fine with a track phone, leaving my silly flippy thingy with my family very cheaply on their plan, so my mother can field the occasional call from some doctor's office or long-lost acquaintance who somehow missed the news that I'm not stateside at the moment. I am proud of my track phone and the fact that I don't have to have euros pulled out through my nostrils every month just for the honor of being like everybody else. So what if the cute guy in the Nokia store laughed at me? I'm used to being laughed at. That's all the Germans do to Americans these days. It's payback time in a big way, baby.

I guess all this steers me towards an Android, locked up tight in a scratch-proof pirate chest and carried with a heavy heart because there was finally just no other option but to give in. There are so many books I would have preferred come the holidays...and of course all the ineffable things that can't be bought at any price.
        My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Working...
        Do Not Sell My Personal Information