No announcement yet.

A Story Related Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, drums, you seem to have acquired quite a reputation around here. Looks like I missed out on all the fun during my extended absence.

Erotica is not my cup of tea. And I really don't get into the weird (albeit creative) "furry" races that seem to be all the rage these days. Although I do enjoy the High Fantasy genre from time to time, I don't really get into the RPGs anymore either.

More power to you, though.

A quote from your link:

1: Bird - Can fly, can see things in great distances (blurry when close up), strong for his or her weight (very weak with bigger creatures), very fast but less maneuverable, females are more flexible than males, however, males are more apt to be aware of the unseen (have no nipples, but can wear false ones)

Have no nipples but can wear false ones? I don't know why... but this disturbs me greatly. And your comments on child sexuality disturb me as well.

Comment

All right, guys. I'm not worried about being nice to people if they don't deserve it.

First of all, to SOU: as far as this site goes, you are a n00b. That's right. Those are zeros and not ohhhhh's and they nail down perfectly what you are to us currently: someone who needs to eat a whole lot of humble pie before he can throw his weight around like you are. Speaking of pie, if you'd like to eat mine, I'd be more than happy to PM you my private information. I had no cleavage as a child, but I was almost kicked out of nursery school for touching myself too much. Also, it'd behoove you to leave Poop alone. He has been kind enough to lend out his mother for everyone's use on those interminable lonely nights. Even if your idea is good, which in my opinion it really wasn't, most of us here will come to his defense before we'll side with you, you n00by n00b n00bplop.

As for you, drums...Usoki absolutely speaks for me. Seriously, man. As entertaining as it is to get a daily dose of your schizophrenia, you are still the same dickhole you always were. Who the fuck do you think you are to start demanding shit when you have done absolutely nothing to prove yourself around here? You have produced some of the stinkiest shit this site has ever seen, and yet you expect us all to drop what we're doing and follow you on your next perverted crusade. Get a fucking reality check, buddy.

This brings me to the theme for both of you: learn your place. If we don't know you and haven't read your writing or haven't been impressed by what you've put out in the past, we are not going to take you very seriously. Rather than mouthing off about how right you are, why don't you conserve some of that energy and actually produce something that will win you some respect?

As for your suggestion buried somewhere beneath all that needless posturing: I think it's bunk. It's true that there are already waaay too many sites like that. I-S enjoys a nice unique niche among story/game-writing sites. If you really cannot live without a built-in randomizer, then by all means leave us alone and go over to CYS. We here are focused on the quality of writing, not on its flashiness. You as the n00b have just two choices. You can accept the site the way it is and take others' suggestions for ways you can augment your story, or you can kindly FUCK OFF.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
      My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I love you, Ves.

Comment

*gasp*
          Ves said n00b!
          Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

I declare Ves's post to be the official IS State of the Union Address.

She's the contest winner, after all- I think she gets that right. And it was a wonderful mix of current issues and long-running topics all addressed in the IS way- profanely, without anyone caring about the possible offensiveness of its content.
            Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
            Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
            And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Thank you, fellas! *curtsies demurely* I aim to (dis)please.
              My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                *sigh* I'm gone for a few days for Christmas, and this is what I get when I come back? Curses.

drums? No one cares. Few people around here are collaboration happy, and you've managed to piss off those very few who are willing. Maybe you can sucker Apoth into it. But if not? Stop mentioning it. If we're willing to contribute, we will. Otherwise, shut up and do it yourself. Don't tell us how great it will be- show us a finished product. Perferably something other than a descriptionless maze.

And, Sou? (Your new name, SirOwnU). I can see why you'd want to put in a randomizer...but as they've said, either make the user roll dice, or tweak your story to take out that random element and give the reader a choice with unexpected consequences or something.

Personally, if Sev is going to implement a variable feature, I'd rather he put in a "Yes/No" variable. The story I hope to work on next has eight endings, based on how well you do in its three parts. So, as it stands, I will have to duplicate the second part two times based on whether the reader wins or loses the first part, and I will have to duplicate the third part four times based one whether or not the reader WLs, LWs, LLs, or WWs.

But, again- it's easy to work around. Most people aren't going to even bother with something like that. It's just something else to get confused as to how it works. Half of the new people around here can't even figure out room linking until they've screwed it up a few times.

If You're associating my name with some kind of dungeon and dice and dragonish medievil game then... you're going the wrong way. I've used this user name in everything since I was... *thinks*... like nine and thats... *thinks*... five years. Also I don't play many of those games, probably because they cost money and I have none. Also I wouldn't even expect this suggestion to be used like that so much...

As for most of you... you really need to simmer down and talking trash and shit isn't a good thing when you extend it too the level you are. You are just people like the rest of us and should act like it. Also don't bother saying anything as a defense from this because it's completely true and will only just prove my point more.

Also stay on topic... if you are done criticizing my idea then you should bring this conversation or... (arguement) into PMs
                Last edited by SirOwnU; 12-31-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SirOwnU View Post
                  As for most of you... you really need to simmer down and talking trash and shit isn't a good thing when you extend it too the level you are. You are just people like the rest of us and should act like it. Also don't bother saying anything as a defense from this because it's completely true and will only just prove my point more.

Also stay on topic... if you are done criticizing my idea then you should bring this conversation or... (argument) into PMs
                  That's right, lay off people!
                  Really, do you know how it feels to be told nobody likes you and you might as well leave and never come back?

As for going off topic, sorry, that was my fault.
                  This thread was actually off topic to begin with, because it's in the wrong forum.

I am taking this game elsewhere, where my work can be appreciated.
                  Note: This fictional society was partly based on truth.
                  The Greeks designated their gods as more deserving than humans, having an abundance of gold in their possession.
                  Last edited by drums; 12-31-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

If You're associating my name with some kind of dungeon and dice and dragonish medievil game then... you're going the wrong way. I've used this user name in everything since I was... *thinks*... like nine and thats... *thinks*... five years. Also I don't play many of those games, probably because they cost money and I have none. Also I wouldn't even expect this suggestion to be used like that so much...
                    I never said that. Never, at any point in time, did I relate your username with D&D. I refuse to type out SirOwnU on a frequent basis, and therefore your name is now Sou. Just like DontEatPoop is DEP. I have no problem with your username- before I brought Usoki to the internet three or four years ago, that was the name I'd use for all of my video game files. But your name is Sou, and if you don't like it, you'll have to learn to ignore it.

As for most of you... you really need to simmer down and talking trash and shit isn't a good thing when you extend it too the level you are.
                    Did you even look at the forum before you joined it? This is tame for us. If you can't handle vulgar phrases flowing with the abundance of water, then you are in the wrong place. Sorry if you don't like that, but it's true.

You are just people like the rest of us and should act like it.
                    Of course we're people. We're arrogant people who love to trash talk each other. If you can't accept us, perhaps you'd be better off somewhere else. drums sure will be.
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

SOU you're only 14? Look drums, another playmate for you. You two even seem to get along.

Comment

Originally posted by drums View Post
                        That's right, lay off people!
                        Really, do you know how it feels to be told nobody likes you and you might as well leave and never come back?
                        I bet it sucks. But you know what else sucks? Having a total stranger come in, announce that his project will be the best thing since sliced bread, and expect everyone to submit material to his project without question. No proof of skill, no proof of worth- just comes in out of the blue and gets offended when no one does what he wants them to do.

I am taking this game elsewhere, where my work can be appreciated.
                        Is that supposed to bother us? Are we supposed to feel as though we've missed out on something? You have yet to show us any sort of proof that you're a writer. You haven't submitted so much as a mediocre dating anime fanfic. I'd feel a lot worse about this "loss" if I knew there was an actual promise of talent.

Note: This fictional society was partly based on truth.
                        The Greeks designated their gods as more deserving than humans, having an abundance of gold in their possession.
                        Do not even go there. One random miscellaneous factoid does not allow you to claim your society is based on truth. You know what else the Greeks did to their Gods? They made them human. They lust, they cheat, they squabble- if anyone acts dignified in a Greek myth, it's usually the hero, not the God. Some were meant as fables- Dadaelus and Icarus being the least subtle, of course. Others were meant as entertainment. But every character, divine or no, got what was coming to them by the story's end. Odysseus goes home, Sisyphus gets an eternal punishment... You name it, it happens. To say that the Greeks wanted their Gods to be more deserving than humans is an inaccurate-unless-generic statement in the least, and an outright falsehood in the most.

Comment

*sigh* this is what I mean about extending it to this level. Also this is BEYOND vulgar. This is consistent cursing and trash talk that leads nowhere but consistent cursing and trash talk. I'm fine with average vulgar, and what not but this takes it to a critical level. Even if it is just *playful* or w/e it is still meaningless. If you threaten or be offensive, oh wait I mean "*Hilarious*" to a point when somebody wants to just walk away then that shows you need to simmer down. Don't any of you even care in the least that it's all your fault that Drums is leaving? Out of all of you he is the one that was the most, *or the only one out of some of you,* down to earth and the most mature at that.

By the way everybody calls me SOU and I'm fine with it. Also society is based on the treatment of one to another *which includes truth*
                          Last edited by SirOwnU; 01-01-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

If he can't digest the fact that not all of us share his enthusiasm for that project it is his problem not ours.

We are crass, vulgar, abusive and immature. Deal with it. Or leave. Entirely your choice.

Comment

Yeah, can I ask you why?

Are you saying being 14 is a bad thing?

<<edited>> Yeah it's been 10 minutes and I still see you are online, so I'm guessing you don't know why, which just proves my point that it is meaningless . Well that or you're AFK or typing something long...
                              Last edited by SirOwnU; 01-01-2008, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Also why are you talking to Drums? He's gone. What do you miss him already?

Here's a message from me to you for him http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZmfosAku9w

enjoy
                                Last edited by SirOwnU; 01-01-2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information