No announcement yet.

Hey Sev, site ideas! Quality List!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not greedy. I don't need more than 2 of my stories up there at least not with a list this small. If it was 50, then it would be different.

Anyone else think Swift, Silent and Deadly should be replaced?
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
      I'm not greedy. I don't need more than 2 of my stories up there at least not with a list this small. If it was 50, then it would be different.

Anyone else think Swift, Silent and Deadly should be replaced?
      That sounds like the fastest quiet fart ever.
      The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
        Katie, MRH was being a dick at the time; but how would judging his stories based on his personality be any less fair than what he did?

The point of this list, according to my understanding; was to showcase the highest quality stories on the site so that new visitors can see the good stuff instead of coming accross a bunch of shit.

Now, michael may be a piece of shit more often than not; but he's a damn good writer.
        As for the list it serves three purposes:
        1) To create a system that minimizes the distress of abusive ratings.
        2) To allow the patrons of the site easier access to noteworthy stories.
        3) To define a standard for the site.

I think that should be the mission.

As for a length, I don't think anything should be removed from End's list. However, I like Locke's idea of adding more. Perhaps we could make it fifty. I'm sure Michael could fit into the top fifty easily.

As always, I support whatever the majority decides.
        ~Katie
        ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I don't specifically want to add more; I just think the size of the list shouldn't be something that's considered. I believe it should hold every title everyone agrees is good enough to be worth setting apart from the rest and displayed - no more, no less. The list End originally posted is mostly good, though, and I'd be fine with it (though I haven't read the NCPolice entry, and I wasn't too impressed with what I did see of it. Maybe it gets better as one reads further?).
          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

The problem is that people are going to be bickering a lot over specific titles. It seems simpler for everyone to have one work that is representative of them, and two for the people who are more prolific and have been here a long time.
            Last edited by Vesnic; 10-12-2011, 05:53 PM.
            My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Again, my most esteemed colleagues, it is not to happen. And who cares? If but one person reads what I write and appreciates it I am happy.

Well. Happy's not the word.

It's all ego-feeding bullshit. Anyone with half a brain could find the good stories.

All of you are worthy authors. If you wish for the masses to read what you write, establish your own servers, or publish your own shit.

Right?

Otherwise who cares? It's all so utterly futile. Most great authors are not appreciated until 100 years after they shot themselves, anyway. Well. No. Not really. Do you think Van Gogh gives a shit about his artwork now?

Who cares? Well, I guess we all do, huh? I know I do. HA! I'm such a bullshitter!

Well, sev will probably at least read this and say, "Huh. I've got ten million other life issues to address right now."

He is much like the Christian "God".

HAHAHAHA! Oh man. *quaffs another beer* Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyTeletubby View Post
                Again, my most esteemed colleagues, it is not to happen. And who cares? If but one person reads what I write and appreciates it I am happy.

Well. Happy's not the word.

It's all ego-feeding bullshit. Anyone with half a brain could find the good stories.

All of you are worthy authors. If you wish for the masses to read what you write, establish your own servers, or publish your own shit.

Right?

Otherwise who cares? It's all so utterly futile. Most great authors are not appreciated until 100 years after they shot themselves, anyway. Well. No. Not really. Do you think Van Gogh gives a shit about his artwork now?

Who cares? Well, I guess we all do, huh? I know I do. HA! I'm such a bullshitter!

Well, sev will probably at least read this and say, "Huh. I've got ten million other life issues to address right now."

He is much like the Christian "God".

HAHAHAHA! Oh man. *quaffs another beer* Good stuff.
                ~Archived~
                ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Yes...but most of our new members only start with a fourth of a brain, and then work their way up gradually as they experience the site and the forum for themselves. Most people are only going to thumb through two or three stories before passing judgement on the site. And it is not that easy to find quality stuff when searching- especially if you don't know who to look for.
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Legend really needs to be on there to.... and Death Song and Necromancer should be in the same entry since they are continuation.

Sorry to inflate End's ego so much, but four of his stories would make my version of the list.

Also, escape artist has 3 completed difficulty levels... the only story of its genre that rivals it is Morathi's piece, but mine doesn't require you to write down numbers and crap, its all built right in to the story.
                    Click it now.

Comment

There are arguments for and against limits. If we put ALL of our best on the list then they are easily accessible. If we put a few then the newbies have the pleasure of "discovering" some of the others old school, like we have. However, either way we could still include more without including all. Frankly, I don't care. As long as we all agree.
                      ~Katie
                      ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Like I said, I'm not fanatical about Ebay, and HOID is the best rep. we got of the giant random story. Legend isn't actually my favorite either, plus we got Black Citadel and Visual Epic (Which are also both finished) to fill those "game story" roles.

GZ and Necro are the ones I feel are best representative of me.

It's up to DEP if he wants one of his stories switched out. I'm pretty sure he's going to want Paco up there though.
                        Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I don't like The Thief of Alvera. Im going to set it back to Private. I don't remember why I made it public again. I don't want it to be representative of my work. When I write something atleast half-decent, you can put that up on the list. I nominate What Ho! in The Thief of Alvera's place.
                          Devils are the bagel's favourite breakfast food!

Comment

Hmmm... you know... anyone (Chubby) could make any story private at any time. So all this fuss over a certain number of stories is going to be a moot point in the end.
                            ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Legend is a lot better than the black citadel and final quest in my opinion. Best RPG on the site. Though, most people don't follow the rules. It's just more fun to use cheat codes and put your character on god mode.

Oh, and I HATE to say this, but MRH is absolutely right. Ducky Park is much better than Brothers. I'd do a switharoo.

I'd even toy with the idea of swapping Gurl Power and The Country From Hell, or including both, just because it is much different from anything else on the site.

EDIT: Also, you guys realize. Within a year of releasing this list, the government will force the genetically superior members of the site to breed and send the rest to camps. We won't be allowed to read banned literature and speaking out against the government will result in execution without trial or jury. This is the doorway to fascism! The only reason I'm not protesting is because the products of democracy have depressed me to no end.
                              Last edited by apotheosis; 01-29-2008, 11:11 AM.
                              Click it now.

Comment

I could give two shits. I like Ducky and I like Brothers. Brothers is longer, but Ducky is pretty much completed.

I don't care either way, whatever is decided is decided.
                                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information