Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usoki
    replied
    I'm just counting votes as they come in. I'm not planning on requiring that all stories are rated. That is at the discretion of the voter... though of course that is what they should do.
    Umm...wouldn't that mean we'd have unbalanced results at the end? The thought just bothers me. It'd mean a less accurate average for one story in the end.

If someone were to rate everything really low, but then not rate End's story...that lack of a low rating in End's average might push his story to victory. Now let's say multiple people don't rate End's story. (Maybe it's to verbose for the average dumbass.) He has a tactical advantage over everyone else. Or, maybe it's a disadvantage. Maybe he's stuck with a low score and a high score, and so his average won't get balanced. Either way.

...Except it'll get unbalanced anyway, since we can't rate our own. Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• apotheosis
    replied
    I'm just counting votes as they come in. I'm not planning on requiring that all stories are rated. That is at the discretion of the voter... though of course that is what they should do.

EDIT: And you forgot xnull's story.

EDIT take 2: Apparently he never added two filler rooms to it. Nevermind.

Leave a comment:

• donteatpoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Usoki View Post
    Oooh, good idea. But, I'd prefer hyperlinks-

The Country from Hell by Vesnicie

Death Song by Endmaster

Hellstone by Usoki

Infernal Gate by Apotheosis

Odalisque Paradise by KatieWroteIt

Youngstown Demon by Donteatpoop
    I knew there was a reason we let you hang out here.

Leave a comment:

• Usoki
    replied
    Oooh, good idea. But, I'd prefer hyperlinks-

The Country from Hell by Vesnicie

Death Song by Endmaster

Hellstone by Usoki

Infernal Gate by Apotheosis

Odalisque Paradise by KatieWroteIt

Youngstown Demon by Donteatpoop

Leave a comment:

• Vesnic
    replied
    Updated IWT4 Contestants List (for quick reference):

Apotheosis: Infernal Gate
    Donteatpoop: Youngstown Demon
    EndMaster: Death Song
    KatieWroteIt: Odalisque Paradise
    Usoki: Hellstone
    Vesnicie: The Country from Hell

(That's all, right?)

Also, is it the case that a person's votes won't count unless they vote for all of the stories?

Leave a comment:

• donteatpoop
    replied
    Well, I see it as available to the public. I wrote Hellstone on an old story template, so it'll appear between Teatime and Rentyre on my list.
    Cool. Alright, I found it. I was looking at New Stories, my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Usoki
    replied
    Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
    Did you make it available to the public? I didn't see it when I was looking for it a moment ago...
    Well, I see it as available to the public. I wrote Hellstone on an old story template, so it'll appear between Teatime and Rentyre on my list.

Leave a comment:

• Vesnic
    replied
    Let's make Katie's suggestion official. In addition to the site ratings and any direct correspondence the readers want to have with the writers, everyone should also submit at least three sentences of commentary along with their ratings to Apoth. Like the contest ratings themselves, these commentaries can be left anonymous. Apoth would send each entrant their final score as well as all the comments that had been sent to him about that particular story.

Leave a comment:

• donteatpoop
    replied
    Hellstone is now up for the competition, as I have filled it with enough of a skeletal plot frame to boost it over the 20 room mark. The story is now "complete", though the only rooms with actual details are the first few room's of Gabe's Tale. Still, there's enough story to get the point across.

It's very linear, and it's more melancholy than hellish, but it's "finished".

Did you make it available to the public? I didn't see it when I was looking for it a moment ago...

Leave a comment:

• donteatpoop
    replied
    I think this is the biggest turn out yet for the tourney.

Leave a comment:

• Usoki
    replied
    Hellstone is now up for the competition, as I have filled it with enough of a skeletal plot frame to boost it over the 20 room mark. The story is now "complete", though the only rooms with actual details are the first few room's of Gabe's Tale. Still, there's enough story to get the point across.

It's very linear, and it's more melancholy than hellish, but it's "finished".

Leave a comment:

• donteatpoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post

For instance:
    I liked that Apoth's story was short, sweet, and to the point. I found it amusing clicking into one sentence rooms again and again. While it worked for this story, I would really HATE to see that become a standard technique on Infinite.

But Katie, that already is a standard technique on infinite.

Leave a comment:

• Hi! My name is: Katie
    replied
    I enjoyed Apoth's story. There's something satisfying about being able to get through a complete story in one sitting. Plus, it didn't require a great deal of thought to process.

Usoki, you didn't like it?

~Katie

Also, I think if people intend to vote, and they take the time to read all the stories they should be able to come up with a minimum of three sentences about what they liked or disliked most about the story.

For instance:
    I liked that Apoth's story was short, sweet, and to the point. I found it amusing clicking into one sentence rooms again and again. While it worked for this story, I would really HATE to see that become a standard technique on Infinite.
    Last edited by Hi! My name is: Katie; 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Usoki
    replied
    Hang on, are we actually voting on Apoth's story? If we are, I am so gonna put a bunch of summary rooms into Hellstone.

Leave a comment:

• apotheosis
    replied
    I'll relate any feedback sent to me in my score report. You may also send feedback to the authors directly if you wish.

I can't wait to start crunching numbers.
    Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

Working...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information