From Hell Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Hell Vote

I know this thread is several hours early, but I figured I should make it now because for the most part people seem to have released there stories.

Voting: Here is how voting works. You rate the story on a scale from 1-10 on three categories. These categories are:

-Enjoyment

-Plot/Originality

-Writing Quality

Star the rating you believe is most important, and that rating shall be double weighted. If you do not star any rating, each rating will be weighted 1/3 more than normal.

Example Rating:

Enjoyment: 7*
    Plot/Originality: 8
    Writing Quality: 5

I will then do the following calculations:

Enjoyment: 7* x 6 = 42
    Plot/Originality: 8 x 3 = 24
    Writing Quality: 5 x 3 = 15

Then lets say the next ratings are 6,4 and 5, respectively with none starred, I would then do the following.

Enjoyment: 6 x 4 = 24
    Plot/Originality: 4 x 4 = 16
    Writing Quality: 5 x 4 = 20

If these were the only two ratings submitted for a story, to determine its final overall score, I would do the following.

(42 + 24 + 15 + 24 + 16 + 20)/(6 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4) = 5.875 overall rating.

Highest overall rating wins.

I will also provide many other pointless statistics. Ratings will be anonymous unless requested otherwise. I will however list the names of all of the raters.

Personal Message your votes to me on the sites regular messaging system, NOT the forum message system because the inbox is of limited size and I'd like to archive the votes in case there is any argument about the results. So, send me a personal message with your ratings of each submission.

I will provide advanced statistics for all the votes once they are in. The rating period lasts until Midnight, December 1st.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the rating system.

I don't want to miss a story, so End or Dep, could one of you do the next post and list all the stories that have been submitted?
    Click it now.

There’s 50 messages allowed on the forum PMs, I doubt if there’s going to be that many votes let alone any arguing about it.

The stories that I know of:

Infernal Gate- Apoth
    Youngstown Demon- DEP
    Death Song- End Master
    Odalisque Paradise- Katie

And if she gets it in by midnight, some story by Ves.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I already have 29 pms on this forum one, and I don't like deleting things, so I'd much prefer the other messaging system.
      Click it now.

Comment

I haven't even seen my story in about 4 months. Since it was intended for the competition, I'm opening it up to the public right now. It's going to be just another unfinished story.
        http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Ok, this is cool. Isn't there also going to be feedback in written form so the writers don't just end up with a random number that they're not sure how they got? Is there something in place so that the entrants can get some in-depth commentary at least from the people who read the stories?
          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

I'll relate any feedback sent to me in my score report. You may also send feedback to the authors directly if you wish.

I can't wait to start crunching numbers.
            Woohoo!
            Click it now.

Comment

Hang on, are we actually voting on Apoth's story? If we are, I am so gonna put a bunch of summary rooms into Hellstone.
              Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
              Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
              And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I enjoyed Apoth's story. There's something satisfying about being able to get through a complete story in one sitting. Plus, it didn't require a great deal of thought to process.

Usoki, you didn't like it?

~Katie

Also, I think if people intend to vote, and they take the time to read all the stories they should be able to come up with a minimum of three sentences about what they liked or disliked most about the story.

For instance:
                I liked that Apoth's story was short, sweet, and to the point. I found it amusing clicking into one sentence rooms again and again. While it worked for this story, I would really HATE to see that become a standard technique on Infinite.
                Last edited by Hi! My name is: Katie; 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM.
                ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Originally posted by Hi! My name is: Katie View Post

For instance:
                  I liked that Apoth's story was short, sweet, and to the point. I found it amusing clicking into one sentence rooms again and again. While it worked for this story, I would really HATE to see that become a standard technique on Infinite.

But Katie, that already is a standard technique on infinite.
                  The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Hellstone is now up for the competition, as I have filled it with enough of a skeletal plot frame to boost it over the 20 room mark. The story is now "complete", though the only rooms with actual details are the first few room's of Gabe's Tale. Still, there's enough story to get the point across.

It's very linear, and it's more melancholy than hellish, but it's "finished".
                    Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

I think this is the biggest turn out yet for the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                        Hellstone is now up for the competition, as I have filled it with enough of a skeletal plot frame to boost it over the 20 room mark. The story is now "complete", though the only rooms with actual details are the first few room's of Gabe's Tale. Still, there's enough story to get the point across.

It's very linear, and it's more melancholy than hellish, but it's "finished".

Did you make it available to the public? I didn't see it when I was looking for it a moment ago...

Comment

Let's make Katie's suggestion official. In addition to the site ratings and any direct correspondence the readers want to have with the writers, everyone should also submit at least three sentences of commentary along with their ratings to Apoth. Like the contest ratings themselves, these commentaries can be left anonymous. Apoth would send each entrant their final score as well as all the comments that had been sent to him about that particular story.
                          My sanity, my soul, or my life.

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                            Did you make it available to the public? I didn't see it when I was looking for it a moment ago...
                            Well, I see it as available to the public. I wrote Hellstone on an old story template, so it'll appear between Teatime and Rentyre on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                              Well, I see it as available to the public. I wrote Hellstone on an old story template, so it'll appear between Teatime and Rentyre on my list.
                              Cool. Alright, I found it. I was looking at New Stories, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information