Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collab story?

update: STORY HERE

I'll be off tomorrow and have my hotspot data back, so I'm thinking of starting an open to the public WIP, since the way co authoring works here is much less annoying than on CYS.

I'd like it to be something open enough that any of you can add whatever you feel like but, I don't want it dissolving into some lolrandom thing.

Still have a little Skybreak! on the brain, so the first thing I thought of was a space station built to study a wormhole that would take players to other planets or realities. This would be the most 'eh, just write anything' of them all.

Another idea and one more restricted in plot was something about building an alien zoo. (Probably due to playing Planet Zoo while reading about Sentinel's....Octopus?)

Or we could all just write glorified Fallout fanfic I suppose.

....can you tell I'm in the mood for sci-fi?

Any interest or other ideas for themes?
    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by mizal; 11-27-2019, 09:47 PM.

I am always interested in sci-fi, and I think that is the best genre for this matter, I would certainly love help with ideas, however, due to my terrible English I can't write in a collaborative effort as I don't want to destroy another work level with mine.

Comment

I kind of went over this in the Discord, but the way it works here means I would need write the intro and a few pages after to set up a number of jumping off points. Then authors would each claim a couple and go off on writing their own section. (Maybe with links marked for others if anybody asks for one.)

​​​​So there's not a lot of room for stepping on other people's toes, and there wouldn't be any way for you to non consensually mess with anyone else's little side story.

Comment

I approve of this

Comment

Sounds good. What you're proposing is a collaboration in the HOID sense, though; you've got a few central elements in the hallway to give everyone a starting point, we all pick a door and do our own thing, almost like an anthology. I won't get into it to that extent. I'd love to add a room here and there, though. I think it would be fun to see where the plot goes when someone has the potential to jump in and take things someplace interesting.

I get working on a serious story and not wanting anyone to mess with it. I'm not about being serious right now, but I'd like to have some fun and get into it with people whose toes aren't so sensitive they can't be walked on a little bit. If you want to earmark sections for yourself, I'll respect that. It's nice to have the forums up again, though, and I like the idea of opening up this shared project to build on it. If you're open to that kind of contribution on some level, I'll work with you.
          Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
            Sounds good. What you're proposing is a collaboration in the HOID sense, though; you've got a few central elements in the hallway to give everyone a starting point, we all pick a door and do our own thing, almost like an anthology. I won't get into it to that extent. I'd love to add a room here and there, though. I think it would be fun to see where the plot goes when someone has the potential to jump in and take things someplace interesting.

I get working on a serious story and not wanting anyone to mess with it. I'm not about being serious right now, but I'd like to have some fun and get into it with people whose toes aren't so sensitive they can't be walked on a little bit. If you want to earmark sections for yourself, I'll respect that. It's nice to have the forums up again, though, and I like the idea of opening up this shared project to build on it. If you're open to that kind of contribution on some level, I'll work with you.

This is a lot of words here to say, "Can I play with you too?"

Comment

You said you'd spent some time lurking, lol. You know me. I think that showed some restraint =þ

Everything else on the internet is "TL;DR" these days.

EDIT: apparently alt codes don't work here. Also, what's this about a Discord? Never used it myself, but I guess you have some community chatroom there?
              Last edited by Locke; 11-26-2019, 11:27 AM.
              Last edited by Locke; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Comment

Rift Station: Open Worlds

It's public now, knock yourselves out.

I'll ask any questions tomorrow when I can. I'm very tired at the moment. Good night.

e: couple of quick things. All the answers after 'So why are YOU here?' (with the 'giving reasons' nicks) are just cosmetic and meant to give ideas for the recording life stories section afterwards, so don't spend too long agonizing over those.

To get to the actual using the rift part, choose >willing volunteer >go to briefing > go into unknown >0700 sharp. (or just use any of the prompts before that to write in your own version of how it works.)

If you pick the 'five known worlds' instead of go into the unknown, some of you miiiiight recognize those. (Atlas will live again, one day....)

Don't feel like you have to restrict yourself to the exploring worlds stuff, there are plenty of hooks before that you could take off in any direction.
                Last edited by mizal; 11-27-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Screenshot (32).png

Very cool

Screenshot (33).png

Hmmmmmm

Screenshot (34).png

Odd choice in wording.

Anyway, now I know what to do when I have those bouts of inspiration that only last an hour and lead to another unfinished story idea

Comment

I can't believe Cricket went through all the trouble to Photoshop that fake thing that anyone can just go and see isn't actually there.

Comment

Let no one say I am lazy.

Comment

I went ahead and expanded out both of the options for accessing holographic simulations. There are now, I think, 37 links, including four open for anything without any prompt attached. (And room left for making more.)

Comment

Originally posted by mizal View Post

since the way co authoring works here is much less annoying than on CYS.
                          Are you just a glass-half-empty person or do you have some ideas for co-authoring improvements? If so - start a site suggestion thread... thx

Comment

Read it again lol, I said it was much better here than on CYS. We don't actually have a way to just open a story up to random contributors there because of the way publishing works.
                            Last edited by mizal; 11-28-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I submitted a page on the death row link.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information