Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...

Does anyone here still write?

I haven't produced anything in a long while, but I was wondering if anyone has.
    Click it now.

Over the months there's been more stuff in real life cropping up, so the writing has been on hold until further notice. (Still got portions of unfinished stories laying around though) That's sort of why I finished up Legend when I did. I figured I could at least have all my current stories completed, even if I don't write anything else on here for awhile.

My forum posting has been a little less frequent too, but I'm still around.
    Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Well, yes, but not much of which can be proven. Most of what I write is linear, so I don't bother to put it here on the site. And then I've recently become DM to a group here at the hall, so a fair bit of creative planning is taken to that endeavor as well.

Though, after a year (and three days, funnily enough) of stagnant work on Rentyre's sequel, I discovered that a change of setting made all of the contrived and ridiculous plotlines (stupidly unbelievable even for fantasy) make much more sense once the setting was altered. So, hopefully, I'll have something to show for my efforts within a few months.

It always bothers me to be so active on this site and yet produce so little...but rushing myself only results in shit, as Love Song and Hellstone have proven to me.
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I've been working on a play of mine called refills... It's posted on here. It's completely written in a spiral bound notebook; I'm just working on editing and adding some details, and taking away some stupid details.
        The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

I'm working on both "Eternal Shere" And "Mahem on Mobius".
          OH FUDGE!

Comment

DnD takes little creative endeavor. I know this because I get two hours of sleep, wake up and prepare an adventure in an hour and a half (most of which is crunching creature states and building their feats so they are challenging but balanced) and then we play the game. The players love it. There are twists and double meanings, but this is all things I think up on the spot knowing everything that has happened so far and the additutes of my players and NPC's. My players find each session delightful, and got angry and depressed last weekend when I cancelled the game for Easter dinner.

Now, I was thinking about this earlier. It would be cool as a DM you forced your players to blog in the first person of their characters after every DnD session. I was thinking of doing this to force my players to get into roleplay mindset (there is only one true roleplayer amoung them).
            http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Well, my amazingly awesome adventures took much preperation even though I frequently would move off the script and improvise. Then again, no DM could ever approach my awesomeness.
              Click it now.

Comment

Originally posted by xnull View Post
                DnD takes little creative endeavor. I know this because I get two hours of sleep, wake up and prepare an adventure in an hour and a half (most of which is crunching creature states and building their feats so they are challenging but balanced) and then we play the game. The players love it. There are twists and double meanings, but this is all things I think up on the spot knowing everything that has happened so far and the additutes of my players and NPC's. My players find each session delightful, and got angry and depressed last weekend when I cancelled the game for Easter dinner.

Now, I was thinking about this earlier. It would be cool as a DM you forced your players to blog in the first person of their characters after every DnD session. I was thinking of doing this to force my players to get into roleplay mindset (there is only one true roleplayer amoung them).
                If I lived near you I'd totally be the second true roleplayer among them. But I always get stuck with the DM position because no one else can come up with anything. I miss getting to play as a character.

I once belonged to an online RPG site that was done entirely in written submissions; no rolling the dice just writing what you planned to do and the game master/admin would write what happened. It was required that you write decently in order to play. It was fun, my character died at only level 3, but I caused a lot of havoc for the other players in the mean time, killing what was supposed to be a major NPC in the mean time. The admin said he wasn't prepared for a character like mine. And then he killed me off... I don't know if that was coincidental or not, but it was fun.

I keep thinking about starting a new character but I just don't have the time... The site is tazlure if anyone is interested. Let me know if you are as that might actually inspire me to start up a new one. Maybe we can play the same area...

Comment

Well, personally, I like to have most of my things planned out- I'm still a relatively new player. I've only been in two campaigns, so six months of weekly meetings doesn't give me much experience, game mechanics wise. Also mostly because I always play spell casters, effectively allowing me to ignore most of the battle system rules because of the characters I play.

That's fine, because the people I'm DMing are all new, save one, who is patient and understanding. But it does mean that I need to have most of my plot written out, not because I'm going to forget what will happen, but because I need all of the monster/trap info onhand, at my fingertips. (I don't have actual books- just PDF scans)

That's a cool site, DEP, but it seems high pressure to me. Or maybe I was snooping in the wrong threads. Either way, I'm not sure where a new character'd be able to start. That, and I too kinda feel like I wouldn't have enough time for it. I'm already working on three different project-y things, and I'm pretty sure that'd be the one to suffer.
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                    Well, personally, I like to have most of my things planned out- I'm still a relatively new player. I've only been in two campaigns, so six months of weekly meetings doesn't give me much experience, game mechanics wise. Also mostly because I always play spell casters, effectively allowing me to ignore most of the battle system rules because of the characters I play.

That's fine, because the people I'm DMing are all new, save one, who is patient and understanding. But it does mean that I need to have most of my plot written out, not because I'm going to forget what will happen, but because I need all of the monster/trap info onhand, at my fingertips. (I don't have actual books- just PDF scans)

That's a cool site, DEP, but it seems high pressure to me. Or maybe I was snooping in the wrong threads. Either way, I'm not sure where a new character'd be able to start. That, and I too kinda feel like I wouldn't have enough time for it. I'm already working on three different project-y things, and I'm pretty sure that'd be the one to suffer.

The mod would tell you where you can start. Last time I had like three options. And there were a couple people playing that weren't the best, so no pressure or anything; I've seen you write and you can put them to shame.

Word to the wise; never give a first time player a priest to play... There's just too many spells for them to choose.

Comment

Atticus Nightshroud, Halfling Rogue at your service... Damn I love D&D... one day I wanna be a DM... I wish there was another D&D player around here... I miss It.
                      OH FUDGE!

Comment

Originally posted by donteatpoop View Post
                        The mod would tell you where you can start. Last time I had like three options. And there were a couple people playing that weren't the best, so no pressure or anything; I've seen you write and you can put them to shame.
                        So the mod definitely does more work than is visible by browsing the threads? I have to admit, I'm interested. And I think forcing myself to write sorta-near-daily would be good for me. Hmmm...yeah. If you'd do it, I'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                          So the mod definitely does more work than is visible by browsing the threads? I have to admit, I'm interested. And I think forcing myself to write sorta-near-daily would be good for me. Hmmm...yeah. If you'd do it, I'd do it.
                          Sweet. I registered an hour ago (cause I can't remember my old info) and I'm gonna work on a character. As I recall, last time I didn't post but every two or three days. They asked how often I planned on posting and sent me in the direction of a mod who operated a bit more slowly than normal.

Comment

From what I've seen of the upcoming 4th edition D&D, it looks like it sucks a lot.

You're better off just creating your own stuff or using a different system at this point.

EDIT: That is a cool site DEP. The Citadel looks like an interesting place to start.
                            Last edited by End Master; 03-25-2008, 06:48 PM.
                            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OMG! You fucking NERDS!!!

No seriously though. I got heavily involved in Ultima Online in the late 90s.

In fact, I helped found a city. Helped start taverns. And was the only player in the entire history of the game to talk to the blue Wyrm, Katazar. Monsters in these games were computer generated NPCs. Katazar was a talking dragon.

Few believed me. But He and I met regularly. Others started spotting this allusive blue dragon. Most would try to kill it and fail.

He had a message he wanted me to pass along, I failed in delivering, for it the gypsy Tarina Faa died. Katazar tried to kill me, and passed into oblivion. It was pretty far out for this game.

I started out a tailor in the city of Britain. Taking my role seriously. MUCH too seriously. Most folks were there for the mindless action. I was there to live of the life of another person.

For the first week I merely made clothes, amassing a good amount money. Once in a while I would travel to the island of Moonglow and practice magic. But spell reagents were cheap and I...

ANYWAY...

I'd be in.

The reason I haven't been writing lately? I work 60 hours a week and the work is grueling. Also I can't smoke pot.

Never got into D&D too much though. A little bit over AOL. Groups of five people. Fun times. Probably from 97-98 was my total experience of RPGing, including Ultima.

It can be fun. Just point me in the right direction. I wouldn't have much time either. I stay up late though. Even though I have to be up at 5:00.

I seem to be getting off on sleep deprivation lately. It makes my dreams much more interesting. I'm taking lucid dreaming to new levels and it's now my drug of choice.

Other than beer. Yes I am a total freak.
                              Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              Do Not Sell My Personal Information