No announcement yet.

So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the design for an RPG version of Arena. I have the character sheets worked out and how the game will be played, I'm just working on the map.
    The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Well, they say that 4th edition is going to fix so many things...but it will obviously break more things than it will fix.

I'm not particularly caring about this- If I do switch over, it'll be months from now. And, I hear they're not supposed to be messing with Bluff, so I'm good.

Bluff is an amazing skill, and it's pretty much one of the only reasons I play. So, me and my Glibness Bard run circles around dumb villagers and party members who can't sense motive. (Sure, I'll analyze that artifact for you. Yep, those are, uhh... Gauntlets of Haste. Yeah. The activation word's hard to pronounce, so I'll get them to work for you if you can't. *disguised Haste spell*)
      Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
      Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
      And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

Wow. You guys are going WAAAY over my head.

Still...I'd be interested. If you'd have me. I'll behave.

Comment

For those checking out Tazlure, I'm creating a bard-esque Adhiel in Aveas. It looks like that's the best place for my char to start, what with Pan worship.

EDIT: Not that anyone really needs the update, but I think I'll be FROM Aveas, and play in the Citadel.
          Last edited by Usoki; 03-25-2008, 07:12 PM.
          Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.

Comment

Well...I'm a novice to D&D. I mean, it's been ten years for me. I get the basic stat system, though. I'd much rather participate in something like DEP is suggesting, however. Some kind of Arena type game.

Anyway, I'm all in if DEP is the one at the helm.

EDIT: Usoki: Aveas, right. We'll meet up at the strip club. I'll be a tenth level loser throwing dollar bills at anything with boobies.

Comment

DEP isn't at the helm of Tazlure, and it's kinda like an Arena / D&D combo. There really isn't any efficient way of D&Ding online. Well, you can, but it'd be as complicated as hell, or it'd be done in a chat room. Damn annoying.

It's pretty much all roleplaying once you hit this here Interweb, yyyyup. *pulls up suspenders and spits tobacco without disturbing the wheat stalk sticking out of my mouth*

Comment

Originally posted by Usoki View Post
                DEP isn't at the helm of Tazlure, and it's kinda like an Arena / D&D combo. There really isn't any efficient way of D&Ding online. Well, you can, but it'd be as complicated as hell, or it'd be done in a chat room. Damn annoying.

It's pretty much all roleplaying once you hit this here Interweb, yyyyup. *pulls up suspenders and spits tobacco without disturbing the wheat stalk sticking out of my mouth*
                I think he was talking about the part where I said I had a RPG version of Arena worked out.

Buuuuuut... I don't know how to do it online. It's all paper pencil and dice at this point.
                The organ is grinding but the monkey won't dance.

Comment

Aren’t you kind of doing Arena online already with the story on here though?

I mean from what I’m gathering about this Tazlure thing, they’re basically judging whether you live/die/succeed/fail based on how well you’re writing and coming up with ideas and solutions. You’ve basically been doing that with Arena, just on a smaller scale.
                  Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

This is all very fascinating.

I might have to check this Tazlure site out.

I dunno. DEP just seems like the ultimate DM. For whatever reason. EndMaster, too.

We all have busy schedules, no? Can't we just agree on like 2 hours a week in which to have a live-action RPG using only dice?

It'd be fun, I think. Sundays are best for me.

I dunno. Just a thought.

Comment

Neverwinter nights 2 is the best way I've found of D&Ding online...

*Attempts slieght of hand on usoki... sucess*
                      *Stole 45 gp from Usoki*
                      OH FUDGE!

Comment

Originally posted by End Master View Post
                        Aren’t you kind of doing Arena online already with the story on here though?
                        There's something to be said for making somebody else do the work, though. XD

It would be fun, Chubbs, but I really don't ever have a period of time that I can always devote to something- I'm stretching myself thin already, what with two parts of my weekend already planned in advance. I, at least, would have to reluctantly pass. Unless maybe it was a summer thing.

*Spot check- success*
                        *Bluff check- success*
                        Hey, LeBlanc, you know what you'd like to do with that 45gp you just earned? Donate it to a charity! You give me the money, and I'll make sure it gets into the right hands. I know a really good one- it's called "Bathe the Whales".

Comment

Well I just like the idea of creating your own thing.

It can't be THAT hard. Maybe not focus so much on the mathematics, but instead on consistency.

That would make the math all the more poignant. Sort of a minimalist interpretation of D&D.

Maybe delve more into character interplay. Drama. Hidden agendas. ect.

I'm SUCH a rookie, eh?

EDIT: Well the lack of time is understandable, Usoki. Maybe something else, then.

lol

No idea what. I just like creative stuff. Whatever happened to that Xol nation/Empire/whatever the fuck thing we had going on. SUrely we could tweak it?

I always loved the Xol nation of EM's. In fact, I think I still have the map. Maybe we could tweak it some more.

That was just some drunken shit, there. But um...I've always been good with maps and stuff. We could decimate it all, as far as I'm concerned. I just always love the Xolan nation.

Good one with that, End.

EDIT 2: Sea of shadows should be sea of sorcery with that one. And Fath Decimus? Sound slike a star wars character. I don't even remember drawing up these maps but I'm sure I had something in mind.
                          Last edited by ChubbyTeletubby; 03-25-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Yup.

*Attacks Chubby with "Enchanted smiting stick of smityness" (My Warlock friend made it for me)*
                            OH FUDGE!

Comment

It's a matter of figuring out how to fairly determine what happens. A partial moderater stretches it enough as is...I mean, if you do straight up character developement, you tend to lose any sort of balance- people start metagaming the shit out of it.

Comment

Yes but humility is the key. A true RPer is not extending themself.

They are taking on the life of another human...

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information