Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IWT6 Topic Poll (for prospective participants)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet deal. Thank you Ves.
    http://forums.infinite-story.com/pro...st=ignore&u=36

"The Secret" was right. You were thinking about adding Megaman to your ignore list. And it almost came true! The universe sends you this hyperlink to make your job a lot easier. Click it now.

Comment

Lol, fine by me, I had story in mind for it when it was first proposed.
      Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

Kickass. Hooray for ultimate authority! Pet the Ves, indeed.
        Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
        Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
        And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

HAHAHAHA... I KNEW someone would shoot me down!

Anyway, this will definitely be a challenge. I haven't got a single idea for how to approach the infinite story theme... I'll put to use the next several months for brainstorming I guess.

Thanks for settling things V. I'll be interested in your Sisyphean masterpiece.
          ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I’m probably going with the “average day” idea that I had since it’ll be a challenge to make something so mundane interesting, though I’ll probably extend it to beyond a “day”.
            Writing: It's more fun than a barrel of Ebola ridden monkeys!

Comment

I'm thinking of using an insane asylum as my starting point and using the break down of memories to create an infinite loop. It just feels so predictable though.
              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

Thank you so much Ves! This is the first good news I've gotten in a while.
                Click it now.

Comment

Yeah...I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up doing for this. Time travel might be fun, but only if I can throw in four or five interacting timelines so that it takes a flowchart to keep straight. If the end work doesn't feel like I made a whole bunch of shit up when I was drunk in a desperate attempt to fix plot holes, then I've failed.
                  Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois
                  Usoki, you're the crankiest asshole we know. Not that it's a bad thing, it just means that you smell funny and are best left hidden in darkness.
                  And it's embarrassing when you make any noise at all.

Comment

I'm kind of interested in this. When does the writing begin?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_DuBois View Post
                      I'm kind of interested in this. When does the writing begin?
                      The contest starts when the topic is announced and generally runs until Halloween. The theme has been announced so you can begin writing at any time.

Also, I know the popular vote has gone to myth, and it looks at a glance like myth won. The actual theme is not chosen by popular vote, it is selected by the winner of the previous contest. This year's winner decided to go with Infinite Story as the theme instead of myth.
                      Last edited by Hi! My name is: Katie; 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM.
                      ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

It seems like we say it goes until Halloween but then ends up getting pushed to Christmas because we are all a bunch of lazy procrastinators.

Anyway, we are always looking for fresh meat.... I mean new participants so you have almost a year to create a story!

The rules for this years story are as follows: You must write a story that loops in such a way that a reader never reaches an ending, so the story is truly infinite. You must do this by connecting choices to preexisting rooms, but the trick is to do it in such a way that the plot remains coherent. Good luck!
                        Click it now.

Comment

Thanks!

I actually have a story I started work on a few days ago (its got about 3500 words), and I think I could easily incorporate this theme into it. Would anyone care if I built off of that?

Comment

As long as it follows the rules, it shouldn't be a problem.
                            Click it now.

Comment

Go for it R-dawg!

Also, welcome back to the forums and all that... I'm wondering however... are you someone's alter ego, or are you a real person? These are things I ponder. Sometimes we have creative writers create characters to join the forums, so I must ask who made you?
                              ~KatieWroteIt

Comment

I guess I'm not very sneaky.

From now on, I'm Ryan_DuBois -- that's all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                Do Not Sell My Personal Information